Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Immediate Solution to the Humanitarian Disaster on our Border
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Immediate Solution to the Humanitarian Disaster on our Border (Read 391 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Immediate Solution to the Humanitarian Disaster on our Border
Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:33am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:20am:
I'll pay to send them to Texas and straight to your house.  Who knows, maybe they can turn on your smart TV and all lights by firing away in Spanish.

You can keep  babbling that, but you ignore the fact that there are plenty of people willing to sponsor those kids and damn sure plenty of people willing to hire the adults.

So, yeah.  Send 'em right to my door.  I'll be happy to send them to sponsors or employers.  I'll give 'em a bottle of water to drink on the way.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Make sure it is Kirland brand and not Dasani.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:31am:
I'll sign off on that.  When we release them, there must be some kind of documentation.  Otherwise, they may find job, say in a Mississippi meat plant, only to be re-apprehended over and over again.

They pay $500

Thoroughly vetted.

They are photographed and fingerprinted like a driver's license.  They get a nifty card to carry on their person (like a drivers license) which bears a number unique to that person.  If Guest Visa card is lost or stolen, a new one will be issued for $18. 

Guest Visa is Good for 12 months. . . .  can be renewed indefinitely.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 11:50am:
They pay $500

Thoroughly vetted.

They are photographed and fingerprinted like a driver's license.  They get a nifty card to carry on their person (like a drivers license) which bears a number unique to that person.  If Guest Visa card is lost or stolen, a new one will be issued for $18. 

Guest Visa is Good for 12 months. . . .  can be renewed indefinitely.

Sounds good to me. 

Better they give $500 to the Feds than $5,000 to some coyote that tells the to commit fraud at our border.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:34pm:
Sounds good to me. 

Better they give $500 to the Feds than $5,000 to some coyote that tells the to commit fraud at our border.

Right!   

The renewal fee goes up progressively, however.

1st Renewal. . . . . . .  $1000

2nd Renewal. . . . . . . $2000

3rd Renewal. . . . . . .. $4000

4th Renewal. . . . . . . .$8000

etc, etc...

The main objectives of the Guest Visa are: 

1)  Reduce (and eventually eliminate) the burden of Taxpayers.

2)  Eliminate the need for Asylum claims.

3)  Eliminate the need for Detention Camps.

4)  Eliminate the need to separate children from their parents.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Why does it keep going up in price?  Shouldn't it go down since each time they renew shows they are less of a risk to jump ship?  Are you incentivizing them to apply for residency?

What about just holding a certain amount of their funds until their visa expires?  That is easily done with electronic banking these days.

How about no entry for certain nationalities?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 3:52am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:09pm:
Why does it keep going up in price?. . .   Are you incentivizing them to apply for residency?

Exactly.   The Guest Visa allows them to do it at their own pace.   They might even want to apply for citizenship.  Then they could vote in General elections.

What about just holding a certain amount of their funds until their visa expires?  That is easily done with electronic banking these days.
Immigrants I've spoken to are typically leery of banks.  They like to be paid in cash.

How about no entry for certain nationalities?
Because that would cause people who are refused Guest Visas to enter the US illegally - - then we'd be right back to the effed up mess where we are now.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 4:38am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 3:52am:
Because that would cause people who are refused Guest Visas to enter the US illegally - - then we'd be right back to the effed up mess where we are now.

It totally depends on ho they come in.  Border hopping would still be a problem but not if they come by airplane.  There was a problem a few years ago when I was in Vietnam.  Nigerians were coming over in droves and then burning their passports and pretending not to speak English or any other language in order to not be deported.  This was a real problem since they were committing a lot of petty crime.  (You do NOT want to commit a felony in a communist country.) The Vietnamese government started not only denying visas but turning them back at the airport.

One of my friends over there told me how the government handled it by rounding up Nigerians and putting them in a camp. While in there they were given 3 liters of water a day, 3 bowls of plain white rice with 1 multivitamin and were allowed to lie down at night but only standing or kneeling during daylight hours.  I guess the point was to make life worse than in Nigeria.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 4:44am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 3:52am:
Immigrants I've spoken to are typically leery of banks.  They like to be paid in cash..

Well, which kind of immigrants are you talking to and how did they get here?  The Asians I know have way more money in the bank than your typical White American.  So these tourists who don't like banks will bring in only US dollar in the thousands to spend here?

Chief, don't forget the © symbol please.  You want you idea stolen or something?

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 9:33am
Print Post  
They should start the chief's idea right now with those 680 people they rounded up in the raids in Mississippi.  Can you imagine the amount of borrowed/printed/stolen treasury money they went through to round up those 680?  I'm betting well over a million bucks.  And now Fox is reporting that they let half of them go so they could go back home (their Mississippi home) to take care of their kids.

Those are exactly the kinds of immigrants we need.  They are working hard at jobs that demonstrably Americans won't do (Unemployment in Mississippi is higher than the national average so Mississippians would rather be on welfare than chop chickens).  They are taking care of their kids and avoiding run-ins with police.  They would gladly pay $500 for the security of a visa.

I would worry about your plan to raise the fee so high and so quickly.  I'm afraid that might kill the golden goose.  The longer these now legal immigrants stay, the more they are contributing to the economy, so we should incentivize long-term stays rather than pushing them out.  The longer they are here, the more they will act like typical Americans, which means no savings and lots of debt.  So an increasing fee scale would soon be unsustainable.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Immediate Solution to the Humanitarian Disaster on our Border
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy