Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Man Arrested for Non-crime - Bearing Arms in a Walmart
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Man Arrested for Non-crime - Bearing Arms in a Walmart (Read 1080 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Man Arrested for Non-crime - Bearing Arms in a Walmart
Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
(CNN)An armed man who caused a "panic" at a Missouri Walmart has been identified as 20-year-old Dmitriy N. Andreychenko, Springfield police said Friday.
He faces a charge of making a terrorist threat in the second degree, the police department said on Twitter. CNN was unable to determine Friday whether Andreychenko was represented by an attorney.

Officers responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Thursday afternoon, Police Lt. Mike Lucas said.

No shots were fired, and no one was injured, police said.

The man was pushing a cart and recording himself walking through the store with a cell phone when the manager pulled the fire alarm to notify customers to escape, according to CNN affiliate KYTV.

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business," Lucas said. "In fact, he's lucky to be alive still to be honest."

A prosecutor said it's incumbent that an individual carry a weapon in a responsible manner.

"Missouri protects the right of people to open carry a firearm, but that right does not allow an individual to act in a reckless and criminal manner endangering other citizens," Greene County Prosecuting Attorney said in a statement Friday. "As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes famously explained, 'The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre causing a panic.'"

The man was detained by an armed off-duty fireman until officers arrived and took him into custody, police said in a statement.

"At this time, the investigation is ongoing, and we are working to determine his motives," the statement said.

How can it be true that "Missouri protects the right of people to open carry a firearm" if this man was arrested for nothing more than open carry of a firearm?

Obviously, this is one of those "1st/2nd Amendment auditors that the supposedly left-wing biased Youtube allows to make bank by monetizing videos of them making asses of themselves.  I know someone on here was supporting those clowns, but I don't.

But as far as I know, he broke no law.  He had just as much right to bear arms as that armed off-duty fireman.  (Sorry, Jeff - fireperson).  The police should be investigating the people who called in an active shooter report when no one was shooting.  That's the only reason that he is "lucky to be alive" because the police had bad information as they were dispatched.  At worst, the man was trespassing and even then only if the Walmart had signs banning guns.  Most businesses don't have such signs and it would be foolish for Walmart to have them because why ban customers with guns when you sell ammunition?

Was it smart for him to do that so soon after the Walmart mass shooting in El Paso?  Nope.  Was it illegal?  Nope.

Police are empowered to enforce the law, not to use "we were called out here" as an excuse to enforce their will.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Man Arrested for Non-crime - Bearing Arms in a Walmart
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
It was a stupid publicity stunt. . . .He's lucky to be alive.

Bottom line, the Walmart manager over-reacted and caused panic by setting off the fire alarm.

Had anyone been injured or killed in the commotion, it would have been the Manager's fault.

"Andreychenko faces a charge of making a terrorist threat in the second degree, the police department said on Twitter."

Making a terrorist threat is an extremely serious offense.   I predict that Andreychenko will NOT be charged with this crime.

Everybody got their panties in a bunch over a stupid prank.

People just need to chill out.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:58pm:
How can it be true that "Missouri protects the right of people to open carry a firearm" if this man was arrested for nothing more than open carry of a firearm?

You want the cold, hard truth? The answer is: Because in a safe world, you can have people open carrying without a panic, but in an unsafe world, even one that's perceived as unsafe, you can't.

Your gun rights are victims of your political climate. You want to live in a country with no unifying principles? It isn't going to be safe enough for people to open carry without causing a panic.

Chief's right that the one who pulled the fire alarm was at fault. I'd also bet on him being a huge Lefty and doing it intentionally. This is the political climate you have: Everyone is willing to place innocents in harm's way so their side seems right and they get their way. Yes, this is dangerous. Too dangerous for open carry.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:21pm:
It was a stupid publicity stunt. . . .He's lucky to be alive.

Agreed.

You can find numerous examples of this on Youtube.  Search on "Open Carry Walmart and you will see dozens of them.  This time it made the news because of the over-reaction.  An understandable over-reaction, give last week's events, but an over-reaction.

Quote:
Bottom line, the Walmart manager over-reacted and caused panic by setting off the fire alarm.

Had anyone been injured or killed in the commotion, it would have been the Manager's fault.

That's a consistent theme in these 1st and 1st/2d amendment "audits:"  the Youtuber does something completely lawful, someone over-reacts and when police arrive they accuse the lawful actor of "disturbing the peace," or some such they use now that "vagrancy" doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
"Andreychenko faces a charge of making a terrorist threat in the second degree, the police department said on Twitter."

Making a terrorist threat is an extremely serious offense.   I predict that Andreychenko will NOT be charged with this crime.

Of course not.  He didn't say anything threatening and just bearing a long gun can't be a threat in a state where "protects the right to open-carry long guns."

Quote:
Everybody got their panties in a bunch over a stupid prank.

People just need to chill out.

Yep.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
You want the cold, hard truth? The answer is: Because in a safe world, you can have people open carrying without a panic, but in an unsafe world, even one that's perceived as unsafe, you can't.

Which is weird because one needs to open carry in an unsafe world, in a safe world, that's not so much of an issue.

Quote:
Your gun rights are victims of your political climate. You want to live in a country with no unifying principles? It isn't going to be safe enough for people to open carry without causing a panic.

Chief's right that the one who pulled the fire alarm was at fault. I'd also bet on him being a huge Lefty and doing it intentionally. This is the political climate you have: Everyone is willing to place innocents in harm's way so their side seems right and they get their way. Yes, this is dangerous. Too dangerous for open carry.

I didn't think about him being a huge lefty, but you may well be right.  Whoever called in "active shooter" likely was a lefty.  I can assure you that person will never be named or charged with a false report.  If I went to a college campus to hear a libertarian speaker, was blocked by ANTIFA and called it in as an "active shooter" when no one was shooting, I'd be hung out to dry.

The statists are in charge of the aparatus of the state.  Let's stop being surprised by that and do something about it.

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2019 at 6:31pm by Little Biq Man »  

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
The kid was trying to make a point in a stupid way.  At least didn't cover his face.  I have never owned a gun or even fired one before but I love the idea of open and concealed carry for citizens and especially for teachers.  Gun-free zones are bullshit.  I heard that in California I can open carry if the gun is not loaded but then it is a pain in the ass.

As soon as I get back to California, I am going to check ou the S&W the Chief recommended and I will learn how to use it.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Another Walmart terrorist!

Quote:
Florida man drives golf cart into Walmart, tries to hit shoppers before hitting cash register, deputies say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-walmart-golf-cart-cash-register

IP Logged

Industry
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
if you come into a Walmart with a great big gun dude I will run tf away

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 1:58pm:
(CNN)An armed man who caused a "panic" at a Missouri Walmart has been identified as 20-year-old Dmitriy N. Andreychenko, Springfield police said Friday.
He faces a charge of making a terrorist threat in the second degree, the police department said on Twitter. CNN was unable to determine Friday whether Andreychenko was represented by an attorney.

Officers responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Thursday afternoon, Police Lt. Mike Lucas said.

No shots were fired, and no one was injured, police said.

The man was pushing a cart and recording himself walking through the store with a cell phone when the manager pulled the fire alarm to notify customers to escape, according to CNN affiliate KYTV.

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business," Lucas said. "In fact, he's lucky to be alive still to be honest."

A prosecutor said it's incumbent that an individual carry a weapon in a responsible manner.

"Missouri protects the right of people to open carry a firearm, but that right does not allow an individual to act in a reckless and criminal manner endangering other citizens," Greene County Prosecuting Attorney said in a statement Friday. "As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes famously explained, 'The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre causing a panic.'"

The man was detained by an armed off-duty fireman until officers arrived and took him into custody, police said in a statement.

"At this time, the investigation is ongoing, and we are working to determine his motives," the statement said.

Obviously, this is one of those "1st/2nd Amendment auditors that the supposedly left-wing biased Youtube allows to make bank by monetizing videos of them making asses of themselves.  I know someone on here was supporting those clowns, but I don't.

But as far as I know, he broke no law.  He had just as much right to bear arms as that armed off-duty fireman.  (Sorry, Jeff - fireperson).  The police should be investigating the people who called in an active shooter report when no one was shooting.  That's the only reason that he is "lucky to be alive" because the police had bad information as they were dispatched.  At worst, the man was trespassing and even then only if the Walmart had signs banning guns.  Most businesses don't have such signs and it would be foolish for Walmart to have them because why ban customers with guns when you sell ammunition?

Was it smart for him to do that so soon after the Walmart mass shooting in El Paso?  Nope.  Was it illegal?  Nope.

Police are empowered to enforce the law, not to use "we were called out here" as an excuse to enforce their will.

Fire girls and boys don't have any law enforcement powers that I know of, but they can report stuff to the police just like anybody else.

Here's what's really going on:

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/wer...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 7:01am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:54pm:

Good point, but it's more a matter of trust than safety.

Americans are probably actually safer than they've ever been (unless they live in a "progressive" ghetto), but have been whipped up into a frenzy of fear and mistrust by our governments.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Man Arrested for Non-crime - Bearing Arms in a Walmart
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy