Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions (Read 1252 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Reply #30 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
i thought that was a cartoon character in an old magazine
Archie was a character in a hugely popular TV series.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
i thought that was a cartoon character in an old magazine

Remember that episode of Futurama where Leela finds what she thinks is another cyclops, but he turns out to be a shapeshifter and a pig?

Archie Bunker is the guy Alcazar is a parody of. It works really well because the actress who played Archie Bunker's wife voices Leela.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 6:54am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55pm:
Remember that episode of Futurama where Leela finds what she thinks is another cyclops, but he turns out to be a shapeshifter and a pig?

Archie Bunker is the guy Alcazar is a parody of. It works really well because the actress who played Archie Bunker's wife voices Leela.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/futurama-season-2-13-a-bic...
You and your pal Indy really love circle jerks don't you?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:07pm:
There grandparents are illegal immigrants who are still here? When did they come?

The original statement was "non-citizens" not "Illegal immigrants".  The only benefits illegals get are equal treatment under the law regarding crime and punishment and emergency room care as far as I know.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:39am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55pm:

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/futurama-season-2-13-a-bic...

The actress who played Leela is the actress that played Peg Bundy on , not Edith Bunker.  Kids these days. I suppose I can understand the confusion though.  Married with Children had some similarities to the All in the Family. MwC aired about a decade laters and was more about disfunction than real social issues. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:35am:
The original statement was "non-citizens" not "Illegal immigrants".  The only benefits illegals get are equal treatment under the law regarding crime and punishment and emergency room care as far as I know. 
Non-citizens get welfare? Do they have to be in the country to qualify?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:58am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:39am:
The actress who played Leela is the actress that played Peg Bundy on , not Edith Bunker.  Kids these days. I suppose I can understand the confusion though.  Married with Children had some similarities to the All in the Family. MwC aired about a decade laters and was more about disfunction than real social issues. 

This is exactly the reason he needs someone besides me to teach him Earth culture. If the task falls to me, I fear he will become analogous in that capacity to those people in India who think they speak English... but they don't.

(Someone told me Alcazar was supposed to be Archie Bunker. I will have words with them.)

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:58am:
This is exactly the reason he needs someone besides me to teach him Earth culture. If the task falls to me, I fear he will become analogous in that capacity to those people in India who think they speak English... but they don't.

Learning Earth culture (whatever that is) from an alien from the planet Vulcan doesn't seem like a practical idea to me.

I think Indy just hangs around with you because he wants to wrestle with you (almost) naked. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:33am:
Learning Earth culture (whatever that is) from an alien from the planet Vulcan doesn't seem like a practical idea to me.

I think Indy just hangs around with you because he wants to wrestle with you (almost) naked.

Why didn't you jump on me for saying something horrible about people in India who think they speak English? It would have been more effective than calling me gay.

You were supposed to jump on me for it and I was going to say, see that Indy? That could as easily be your boss. And then where would you be? Humour is more dangerous on your planet than mine. Don't make jokes. Jokes are gateway drugs to talking openly and honestly about the flaws in the state of affairs, and no one wants that.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Why didn't you jump on me for saying something horrible about people in India who think they speak English?
I like the way most people from India speak English. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy