Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions (Read 1064 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Reply #50 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
You will no longer have to pay the illegal Kalifornia income tax, which you say is illegal because all taxes are theft.

It is theft, and it is wrong, but it is "legal".   So I have to pay it like the other California Taxpayers.

Jeff wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:56pm:
If I'm not mistaken, Kalifornia has very high income taxes.
In fact, California has the highest Income Tax in the nation.

We also boast of the most corrupt Representatives in Congress!   Grin   Grin.   

In 2005, Rep. Maxine Waters was added to a liberal watchdog’s running list of the most corrupt members of Congress.   Rep. Waters was added again in 2006 to the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington’s annual report on D.C. corruption. They added her again in 2009 and one more time in 2011!!   Grin

You can probably imagine how frustrating it is when I have to correspond with her.   Cry

But we crazy Californians keep re-electing her.   "Mad Max"ine has a job for life in Congress!   Smiley

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 7:03am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:13pm:
It is theft, and it is wrong, but it is "legal".   So I have to pay it like the other California Taxpayers.

I thought you were going to start asserting your rights?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 7:03am:
I thought you were going to start asserting your rights?

I do and I did.   It's complicated.

22 years ago, the Franchise Tax Board kept harassing me for unpaid taxes.   But I HAD paid my taxes, so there was some accounting error on their part.  I told them to leave me alone.   They continued to harass me, so I got a lawyer and sued the State Of California. (FTB)   

I won and got a handsome settlement.  Rights asserted.   I am now on the "Don't F__k With" list.   Smiley

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
What kind of business did you have Chief?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:33am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:56am:
What kind of business did you have Chief?
PM'd you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:39am:
I do and I did.   It's complicated.

22 years ago, the Franchise Tax Board kept harassing me for unpaid taxes.   But I HAD paid my taxes, so there was some accounting error on their part.  I told them to leave me alone.   They continued to harass me, so I got a lawyer and sued the State Of California. (FTB)   

I won and got a handsome settlement.  Rights asserted.   I am now on the "Don't F__k With" list.   Smiley

So you have a right to be taxed legally and accurately. That's a good right to assert...

Is the Kalifornia "income" tax actually a legal tax?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:55am:
So you have a right to be taxed legally and accurately. That's a good right to assert...

That's awesome!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Is the Kalifornia "income" tax actually a legal tax?

Yes.

It all started in 1933 when progressive legislators in Sacramento decided to undergo a massive government expansion project.

They came up with all kinds of tax schemes; wine tax, beer tax, utility tax, property tax, etc..

These helped with funding the government expansion, but they wanted more.

That's when someone suggested taxing Incomes.   "But there's already a federal Income Tax!"  someone said.

"This will be a STATE Income Tax which will shall be paid IN ADDITION to the Federal Income Tax!" reassured the progressive.

The lawmakers cheered.

The Personal Income Tax Act was finally passed by the legislature and approved by the Governor on June 13, 1935.

Initially, the rates ranged from 1% to 10%.  Later, the rates were increased.  California now has the highest State Income Tax in the nation, and not surprisingly the most powerful State government in the nation.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Yes.

It all started in 1933 when progressive legislators in Sacramento decided to undergo a massive government expansion project.

They came up with all kinds of tax schemes; wine tax, beer tax, utility tax, property tax, etc..

These helped with funding the government expansion, but they wanted more.

That's when someone suggested taxing Incomes.   "But there's already a federal Income Tax!"  someone said.

"This will be a STATE Income Tax which will shall be paid IN ADDITION to the Federal Income Tax!" reassured the progressive.

The lawmakers cheered.

The Personal Income Tax Act was finally passed by the legislature and approved by the Governor on June 13, 1935.

Initially, the rates ranged from 1% to 10%.  Later, the rates were increased.  California now has the highest State Income Tax in the nation, and not surprisingly the most powerful State government in the nation.
What I was asking Chief, is if the Constitution of the State of Kalifornia actually allows the legislature to tax in all those different ways... For instance, is a progressive tax on wages and salaries permitted? Are there no requirements that Direct taxes be apportioned or Indirect taxes uniform? Is your legislature granted an unlimited power to tax? Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:42pm:
What I was asking Chief, is if the Constitution of the State of Kalifornia actually allows the legislature to tax in all those different ways... For instance, is a progressive tax on wages and salaries permitted? Are there no requirements that Direct taxes be apportioned or Indirect taxes uniform? Is your legislature granted an unlimited power to tax? Shocked
   Tax Laws in California are extremely complex - that's probably by design.

The State has the power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, and without apportionment.  This Tax shall include tips, dividends, wages, salaries, inheritance, interest, gambling winnings, lottery winnings, windfall profits, stipends, buried treasure discoveries, and any money found between the sofa cushions.

Pretty much everything.

California Income Tax Code § Sec. 25137 does make some special exemptions for Marine Diesel (or "waterfront") mechanics who fabricate metal parts in a machine shop as part of their job.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy