Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tommy the Idiot
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tommy the Idiot (Read 1250 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Tommy the Idiot
Reply #30 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:36am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:27am:
I agree 90%.   Enslaving the Africans was wrong.  Slavery is aggression in the purest form.

If he had left Locke's credo alone, there would be no Amendment XVI, and no Income Tax.

However I do NOT agree that Thomas Jefferson was an idiot.  It is estimated that Thomas Jefferson's IQ would have been 138.

An idiot has an IQ of 25 or less.

I don't see how that makes sense.  The DOI was not a legal document, the Constitution was.  The Constitution said "property" and we got those things anyway

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #31 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 2:02pm:
Do you think it's possible to pursue happiness if you don't have protected property rights?

The perfect troll post.

See why I just ignore him, Yamcha?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #32 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:48pm:
I think it's because lots of people already knew that property didn't make them happy.

You were on a troll, roll, that day ...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:26am:
I think the way the DOI and Constitution as written are both fine because the Constitution is a legal document and the DOI is a declaration.
The Declaration of Independence is also a legal document, without which the States, which later united, would not have existed.

SCOTUS, in it's pre-New Deal Court iteration even said so, while also saying that the body of the Constitution must be interpreted in light of both the Declaration and the Preamble, that the three together were essentially a coherent statement of our theory of government.

"Progressives" like to claim the Declaration has nothing to do with the legitimacy or interpretation of our Supreme Law, but it is in fact a part of it.

"Progressives" of the slaver type probably started the myth that the Declaration is "just a statement" because they were determined to ignore the "All men are created equal" part.

Edit: Is this the graphic you'll use when you have nothing to say?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #34 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:47am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 4:05am:
The Bill of Rights was a compromise between the constitutional framers and the anti-federalists who opposed the Constitution as originally framed. In theory, the Bill of Rights protects the “unalienable rights” of “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” among other things. But have life, liberty, and happiness been advanced or protected since the first Ten Amendments were ratified? Since the Bill of Rights was adopted, have we had less government intrusion or has the Constitutional Republic merely licensed and limited those rights?

This is just wrong.  The Constitution says life, liberty and property.  The 14th amendment also says life, liberty and property.  Nowhere in the Constitution does it say life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Again, that is in the DOI, not the Constitution.  The DOI is a stand alone document, it's not the basis of our laws.  The Constitution is the basis of our laws.

I would completely agree with you, Yamcha, if the Constitution said life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:50am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:47am:
This is just wrong.  The Constitution says life, liberty and property.  The 14th amendment also says life, liberty and property.  Nowhere in the Constitution does it say life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Again, that is in the DOI, not the Constitution.  The DOI is a stand alone document, it's not the basis of our laws.  The Constitution is the basis of our laws.

I would completely agree with you, Yamcha, if the Constitution said life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
Let's just agree that life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness are all supposed to be guaranteed and protected. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:47am:

You are right, sorry about that.  I meant Declaration of Independence.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 10:56am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 1:05am:
Thomas Jefferson fukked up big time when editing the Declaration of Independence, changed Locke's "life, liberty and property" to the more socially liberal "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

He should have either left it as it was or just added the happiness bullshit somewhere else.  What the hell is the pursuit of happiness anyways?  Fukking undefinable nonsense and therefore eternally disputable and arguable.  Why didn't he just say the pursuit of Teleportation or Time Travel or Invisibility or any of the other unobtainable and dismissable bullshit pursuits?

If he would have left the word PROPERTY then we wouldn't have all this eminent domain crap or property or inheritance tax crap today.

That was the second biggest mistake they made after bringing the Africans here.

And by the way, anyone who does not think to bring Africans here a mistake supports the plucking of people from their land and enslaving them.

TJ was fully aware that protecting property rights would interfere with later plans to grow the central government.  The only property rights he feared losing was the "right" to continue to import slaves, so he made sure Slavemaster Madison protected that "right."

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Oct 21st, 2019 at 10:56am:
TJ was fully aware that protecting property rights would interfere with later plans to grow the central government.  The only property rights he feared losing was the "right" to continue to import slaves, so he made sure Slavemaster Madison protected that "right."

Did he leave a letter in a buried time capsule addressed to you?

Tommy liked to split the black oak.  That probably as much as he cared about for the slaves.

When some people give up their servitude, they give up the only thing they have that is of value.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 21st, 2019 at 11:13am:
Did he leave a letter in a buried time capsule addressed to you?

Tommy liked to split the black oak.  That probably as much as he cared about for the slaves.

When some people give up their servitude, they give up the only thing they have that is of value.
Slavery is no longer an issue in the U.S.

Let's worry about protecting everybody's life, liberty, property and their pursuit of happiness.

Asset forfeiture is used to steal property from all sorts of people. Governments don't care about your race or the fact that your ancestors were or were not slaves when they take you property by eminent domain to give it to a real estate developer.

The wages and salaries of people of all races and sexes are taxed as if they were incomes, when in fact it is the bread they get in exchange for their labor.

People of all sorts are denied the use of their property by regulatory takings.

All of these things would have had Jefferson crying for another revolution.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2019 at 6:48am by Jeff »  

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tommy the Idiot
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy