Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Maslow Pyramid and Libertarianism - Freedom as a Resource
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Maslow Pyramid and Libertarianism - Freedom as a Resource (Read 634 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: The Maslow Pyramid and Libertarianism - Freedom as a Resource
Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 12:56pm:
I still disagree with Jeff's idea that we can tax our way to happiness. I wold gladly contribute to food banks, shelters, addiction counseling and all the other things the Jeffs need to function in the world. 

Hmm ... from the guy who doesn't want to pay your own bills for the roads you drive on.  Sure you would contribute to those.  Gotcha.  You don't want to pay for the police who protect you, but you would donate money to food and addiction centers.  You fly there all the time.

And people who would assault your house aren't worried about you calling the cops, it's your dog that scares them.  You live in a fantasy world.

I agree with your point that food and addiction centers should be voluntarily funded though, just obviously you wouldn't give them a dime

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Maslow Pyramid and Libertarianism - Freedom as a Resource
Reply #31 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:33am:
A statist is by definition a person who demands that others change so that his comfort zone is maintained.

Actually, you're describing anyone who believes they have rights. They will assert (correctly) that they have the right to prevent behaviours which they deem violate their rights.

You are not describing people who believe they have no rights. Such a person does not believe that they can prevent any behaviours from anyone.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Maslow Pyramid and Libertarianism - Freedom as a Resource
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy