Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Executive Branch Departments
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Executive Branch Departments (Read 1125 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Executive Branch Departments
Reply #100 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote Today at 6:05am:
Quote:
If you intend to try to understand the Constitution, step one should be reading it.

But you don't want to understand it so you?

Little Biq Man wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:55am:
I'm not as in love with it as you are.  Perhaps that is because I understand how it has been used  to increase the power of the central government.  I'm not surprised since the stated purpose of the constitution was to increase the power of the central government.

You are in love with a fantasy version of the Constitution that is a bulwark against congressional overstepping.  It isn't because it was never intended to be.

That is very astute, Little q.  Psychologists know that most romantic love is projection.  We (men) build up a fantasy image of the ideal woman and then project that image on the first woman who smiles at us. 

Jeff's attitude toward the constitution is like that of a middle-age man in love with a younger woman.  He thinks the love is mutual.  He doesn't notice that she is taking half his paycheck, draining his bank account, running up his credit cards and inducing him to cash in his kids' college funds.  The only way to carry that analogy to its full extent would be if she also make him counterfeit money for her to spend.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #101 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 6:55am:
I'm not as in love with it as you are.  Perhaps that is because I understand how it has been used  to increase the power of the central government.
It was intended to give the federal government (not "central" government", if you understood the system of government it created, you would know it's not centralized, it's dispersed) enough power to protect the nation and the rights of citizens.

If you paid attention to what I've been telling you, you wold understand it wasn't ever intended to have an unlimited power to legislate, or an unlimited power to tax, and you would also understand how it usurped those powers.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #102 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:20am:
Jeff's attitude toward the constitution is like that of a middle-age man in love with a younger woman.  He thinks the love is mutual.  He doesn't notice that she is taking half his paycheck, draining his bank account, running up his credit cards and inducing him to cash in his kids' college funds.  The only way to carry that analogy to its full extent would be if she also make him counterfeit money for her to spend.

It's a bad analogy. It's not the Constitution that's doing those things, it's the people who are pretending that the Constitution gives them unlimited power to tax and legislate.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Executive Branch Departments
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy