Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mandatory Gun Licensing - Would That Violate Amendment II?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mandatory Gun Licensing - Would That Violate Amendment II? (Read 667 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mandatory Gun Licensing - Would That Violate Amendment II?
Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
I thought this was a joke by the Babylon Bee or The Onion.  It's no joke. It has not been taken out of context - they have not been edited in any way.

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that .... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."

- Mary Ann Carlson (Vermont state Senator)

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal."

- Janet Reno (US Attorney General) -

"You know I don't believe in people owning guns, only the police and military. And I'm going to do everything I can to disarm this state."

- Michael Dukakis (Massachusetts Governor)

The enemy of the People are our elected officials.  It should be no surprise to anyone that all of them are democrats.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 1:17am
Print Post  

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #32 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 9:04am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 10:33pm:
I thought this was a joke by the Babylon Bee or The Onion.  It's no joke. It has not been taken out of context - they have not been edited in any way.

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that .... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."

- Mary Ann Carlson (Vermont state Senator)

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal."

- Janet Reno (US Attorney General) -

"You know I don't believe in people owning guns, only the police and military. And I'm going to do everything I can to disarm this state."

- Michael Dukakis (Massachusetts Governor)

The enemy of the People are our elected officials.  It should be no surprise to anyone that all of them are democrats.

They want government to be able to freely commit crimes against us without our having the ability to defend ourselves.

They want to take our money, they don't want us to have a gun.  Seems pretty clear.  What criminal thug would want their victims armed?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 9:04am:
They want government to be able to freely commit crimes against us without our having the ability to defend ourselves.

They want to take our money, they don't want us to have a gun.  Seems pretty clear.  What criminal thug would want their victims armed?

I doesn't frighten me to learn that some Americans dont want Americans to have the right to keep and bear arms.

What scares me is these people get elected as lawmakers.  That should scare the hell out voters.

I heard that the UN is trying to take away our gun rights, too.   Cry  is that a conspiracy theory?  I sure hope so!

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #34 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:41pm:
I doesn't frighten me to learn that some Americans dont want Americans to have the right to keep and bear arms.

What scares me is these people get elected as lawmakers.  That should scare the hell out voters.

I heard that the UN is trying to take away our gun rights, too.   Cry  is that a conspiracy theory?  I sure hope so!

I grew up in Kalamazoo (source of "kaz").   My friends and I owned guns.  There were ex military all around.  I sometimes went shooting and hunting after school.

Most Democrats are in blue cities and they think guns are magical instruments that emanate evil and are only safely used by government

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 11th, 2020 at 4:03pm:
Most Democrats are in blue cities and they think guns are magical instruments that emanate evil and are only safely used by government
That's a pretty fatuous analysis, kaz. Tongue

Who will win control, the government, or the People?

I suppose that depends on who wins control of the government. It's all connected! Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mandatory Gun Licensing - Would That Violate Amendment II?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy