Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Aliens Descend Tomorrow
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian Aliens Descend Tomorrow (Read 423 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian Aliens Descend Tomorrow
Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:44pm:
You are alone and all you can do is be nasty to people on the internet cause you are a nasty person. You will not have one friend in your life and you will die alone.
You sound bitter and vengeful. That can take years off your life...

Anyway, most of my friends are younger than I am. Smiley

Edit: Look at the good side, if you weren't fat, the worm wouldn't be interested in wrestling with you.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:17pm:
Libertarian principles pretty much say, respect the rights of others...

Yes but you find it incredibly easy to define others out of having rights. Now imagine the aliens are bigger libertarians than you and define you - all Humans in fact - out of having rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:34am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Yes but you find it incredibly easy to define others out of having rights.
Not humans. All humans have the same inherent rights.

Nobody knows about Vulcan dragons, whether they have the same rights as humans or not, because no one has ever met one... I assume they have the same rights that humans have granted to animals until we actually meet some and talk to them...

There is nothing wrong about this. Most Libertarians think it's wrong to attack and kill animals without cause, and all libertarians are most likely in favor of not attacking visitors from another planet without cause. After all, that would be initiating aggression. Angry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:36am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Now imagine the aliens are bigger libertarians than you and define you - all Humans in fact - out of having rights.
I can't imagine that they would if they were libertarian. If we seem like animals to them, they will be gods, in which case, if they are real gods, they will enforce rights, not deny them. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:34am:
Not humans. All humans have the same inherent rights.

Correct, but not others.

Nobody knows about Vulcan dragons, whether they have the same rights as humans or not, because no one has ever met one... I assume they have the same rights that humans have granted to animals until we actually meet some and talk to them...

I claim I'm a regular old full-blooded Vulcan with every trait the canon says Vulcans have, especially the one where I can produce halfbreeds with your females (which technically makes me Human).

I don't always agree with my culture about every little thing but far be it from me to call them objectively wrong. I see essentially banning emotions as a terrible solution to a worse problem.

There is nothing wrong about this. Most Libertarians think it's wrong to attack and kill animals without cause,

You also think you can kill them for food. "I'm hungry" is enough of a cause. I would think it would be impossible to paint yourself as some virtuous morally superior angel while asserting that you can kill other people who can communicate with you... because you are hungry.

But since you did so effectively I simply asked how you would find that position if someone did it to you, and you ended up on the business end of a fork because bigger libertarians than you think you don't have anything but animal rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 1:17am:
I claim I'm a regular old full-blooded Vulcan with every trait the canon says Vulcans have, especially the one where I can produce halfbreeds with your females (which technically makes me Human).

Sorry, I forgot you'd given up on the lie that you were a dragon.

If what you say about Vulcans is true (and how would you know- you learned it watching Star Trek? Cheesy) then Vulcans most likely qualify as having human rights.

Don't worry about it, just hang around with libertarians. They will treat you as if you have rights until you prove yourself to be an animal.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:35am
Print Post  
You also think you can kill them for food.
Yep. Libertarians are even rumored to have sometimes thrown living vegetables into boiling water... Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:36am
Print Post  
But since you did so effectively I simply asked how you would find that position if someone did it to you, and you ended up on the business end of a fork because bigger libertarians than you think you don't have anything but animal rights.
You're now saying libertarians are pigs?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:35am:
Yep. Libertarians are even rumored to have sometimes thrown living vegetables into boiling water... Shocked

This is about you saying I only have animal rights, meaning: You can kill me for food.

Jeff wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:33am:
If what you say about Vulcans is true (and how would you know- you learned it watching Star Trek? Cheesy) then Vulcans most likely qualify as having human rights.

Most likely? You mean you don't know? How likely is most likely and how do you figure? If someone provably shoots me dead, are you going to roll dice in court to figure out if the murderer should go free?

Instead of pretending you don't know what the %$#& you're talking about, how about you just give it to me straight? Do I have rights or not and if yes, how do you prove that?

Jeff wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:33am:
Don't worry about it, just hang around with libertarians. They will treat you as if you have rights until you prove yourself to be an animal.

You'd fit right in with Yamcha, telling people they're animals just because they act that way.

Jeff wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:36am:
You're now saying libertarians are pigs?

I'm saying you think you're some kind of %$#&ing angel for defining people out of having rights so I'm just wondering how you would feel if bigger libertarians than you put the shoe on the other foot.

You think Humans in general don't look like animals to an alien? You think your species' behaviour isn't appalling and atrocious, all things considered?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:31pm:
You can kill me for food.
What a revolting thought.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Aliens Descend Tomorrow
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy