Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian? (Read 2427 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Reply #110 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 6:12pm:
I don't think trying to get people to work for you will make you rich, because I doubt anyone will want to work for you.

I must disagree.

The time we were the richest (had the most liquid assets and property) is when we owned a business and had employees.

Consider this:   if hiring people to work for you didn't have the potential of expanding the business and maximizing profits, nobody would hire anyone.   Grin

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 11:16am:
I must disagree.

The time we were the richest (had the most liquid assets and property) is when we owned a business and had employees.

Consider this:   if hiring people to work for you didn't have the potential of expanding the business and maximizing profits, nobody would hire anyone.   Grin
I was talking to Indy.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 1:37pm:
I was talking to Indy.
Yes, you were - sorry.   Embarrassed

Industry wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:59pm:
Heres what I would like to know is there anybody rich enough to be a libertarian without having other people to work for them?

Consider this:   if hiring people to work for them didn't have the potential of expanding the business and maximizing profits, nobody would hire anyone.  Smiley

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 1:46pm:

Consider this:   if hiring people to work for them didn't have the potential of expanding the business and maximizing profits, nobody would hire anyone.  Smiley
It's true, but pretty much beside the point since you don't have to be rich to have libertarian beliefs.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #114 - Dec 1st, 2019 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:45pm:
No.

But, as with anything else, it helps.

A better way to put it would be that to be libertarian, one must have confidence in one's ability to support oneself.

Or to put it in the vernacular, you gotta be able to survive without gov'ment to really be libertarian.

Small wonder that those who depend on government for their livelihoods argue against reduced government.  Those whose only "job" is voting for politicians who support their "safety net," are never going to agree that those politicians should not be able to tax honest workers.

That safety net makes a nice hammock as Reagan pointed out.

Being rich is better in any system.

The poorer you are, the more government shackles you with dependency.  Libertarian principles are best for everyone other than the truly lazy who would rather be poor and jobless and live on government checks

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 1:26pm:
The poorer you are, the more government shackles you with dependency.
You have things confused again. People accept dependency, sometimes because they have to, other times because they want to.

Government force is not involved.

I worked a fairly long time for a company where many employees said the only reason they stayed was because of the golden handcuffs. They were worn voluntarily. Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #116 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 1st, 2019 at 1:26pm:
Being rich is better in any system.

The poorer you are, the more government shackles you with dependency.  Libertarian principles are best for everyone other than the truly lazy who would rather be poor and jobless and live on government checks

This is so true, kaz.  If you have read some of my posts, you will know that I do business 3rd world, in communist countries.  Communism does not even exist.  It is all about the money.  Money is the universal language.  The communists are actually the biggest capitalists I have ever met.  They are also the biggest libertarians.

Looky here:
http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1571190952/0#0

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Dec 4th, 2019 at 8:09am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 9:08pm:
The communists are actually the biggest capitalists I have ever met.  They are also the biggest libertarians.

Crony capitalists perhaps, but what communist dictatorship actually allows free markets?

As to communists being the "biggest libertarians", you're going to have to support that claim. Being libertarian is about lots more than just markets.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #118 - Dec 4th, 2019 at 8:43am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 9:08pm:
The communists are actually the biggest capitalists I have ever met.  They are also the biggest libertarians

What a load of crap

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Dec 4th, 2019 at 8:48am
Print Post  
It is true.  They only pull out the comrade shit when they want to seize your property or business.  Otherwise,  people do whatever they want.  You have two cartons of cigs?  Then you are a businessman.

Show me one place in the 1st world that is even close to being libertarian.

Looky here:
http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1568876151/8#8

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy