Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian? (Read 2428 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Reply #90 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Your barge will be hooked up to another barge to another barge etc, right?  As long as there is a collective there will be a fee.  Don't call it a tax if you don't like, call it the price of freedom if you like.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:13am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:40am:
Your barge will be hooked up to another barge to another barge etc, right?
Yes, try to imagine the effect on all these connected barges of 20' seas, or 50' seas... Or a tsunami. Shocked Shocked Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #92 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:40am:
Your barge will be hooked up to another barge to another barge etc, right?  As long as there is a collective there will be a fee.  Don't call it a tax if you don't like, call it the price of freedom if you like.
The barges won't be connected to each other.

The SeaStead platform will be like marina with 50 foot wide slips.  Each home module will be floated into a slip and connected to the platform.  Your home is yours - you may leave the SeaStead and have your home module towed to a different seastead.

The $20k connect/disconnect fee covers uncoupling your home module.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 8:16pm:
What about work Chief? Are there jobs on SeaStead?
I thought of a really lucrative occupation exclusive to seasteading:

Target Drone Owner/Operator

There are no gun control laws on the Seastead, so homeowners can possess fully automatic weapons (machine guns).  Naturally, they will want to shoot them at something.

A 30 foot boat could be fitted with armor plating and be radio-controlled.  It would simulate a pirate vessel.

The target drone operator could charge money to people who want to shoot at it.   The drone operator could also get kickbacks from the Gun/Ammo shop on the seastead. 

Folks will go through LOTS of ammo really fast with their machine guns, so it would make sense for the Gun/Ammo shop owner to pay the Target Drone operator for his/her service! 

Plus, people will become very proficient at thwarting a pirate attack.  Smart pirates will steer well clear of the seastead!

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #94 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 2:12pm:
I thought of a really lucrative occupation exclusive to seasteading:

Target Drone Owner/Operator

There are no gun control laws on the Seastead, so homeowners can possess fully automatic weapons (machine guns).  Naturally, they will want to shoot them at something.

A 30 foot boat could be fitted with armor plating and be radio-controlled.  It would simulate a pirate vessel.

The target drone operator could charge money to people who want to shoot at it.   The drone operator could also get kickbacks from the Gun/Ammo shop on the seastead. 

Folks will go through LOTS of ammo really fast with their machine guns, so it would make sense for the Gun/Ammo shop owner to pay the Target Drone operator for his/her service! 

Plus, people will become very proficient at thwarting a pirate attack.  Smart pirates will steer well clear of the seastead!
Will you be able to get free two day delivery of your ammo from Amazon?

Where will seasteaders buy their machine guns? The black market? Third world countries? ATF?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #95 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Will you be able to get free two day delivery of your ammo from Amazon?

Sure..  Amazon will have delivery boats that deliver goods to the seastead.

Jeff wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Where will seasteaders buy their machine guns? The black market? Third world countries? ATF?
As I have already stated, there are no gun laws or regulations on the seastead.  So the seasteaders may purchase machine guns at the seastead Gun Shop. 

Any decent gunsmith can easily convert a semi-auto carbine to fully automatic machine gun.   Also, the US military will sell M4A1 carbines to the seastead Gun/Ammo shop.   Even .50 cal. M2 BMGs will be for sale!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #96 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:34pm:
Sure..  Amazon will have delivery boats that deliver goods to the seastead.

As I have already stated, there are no gun laws or regulations on the seastead.  So the seasteaders may purchase machine guns at the seastead Gun Shop. 

Any decent gunsmith can easily convert a semi-auto carbine to fully automatic machine gun.   Also, the US military will sell M4A1 carbines to the seastead Gun/Ammo shop.   Even .50 cal. M2 BMGs will be for sale!

Fine. A good gunsmith can make an MI-Garand shoot full auto, but it won't be select fire.

While you seasteaders work things out, I've filled out the requisite paperwork to become a resident of Andorra. Smiley

https://www.nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-andorra/

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #97 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
While you seasteaders work things out, I've filled out the requisite paperwork to become a resident of Andorra. Smiley

https://www.nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-andorra/

You realize that Andorra has a 3-tier Income Tax, I hope.

Andorra's income tax rate brackets are:

€0 – €24,000. . . . . . . . . 0%

€24,001 – €40,000. . . . . 5%

€40,001 + . . . . . . . . . . 10%

Here are Andorra's VAT tax rates:

1% on certain media like books, magazines and newspapers,

1% for food and drink (except alcohol),

2.5% on works of art,

2.5% on fees charged by tourism operators,

9.5% on banking and financial services charges.

There are no taxes of any kind on the seastead.   It's a Free Market.

Plus, each home has a guaranteed ocean view!    You can deep-sea fish from your own back porch!   Wow!  Smiley

Not a single Andorran home has an ocean view.   Cry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #98 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:17pm:
You realize that Andorra has a 3-tier Income Tax, I hope.

Yeah, I know it's a tax haven, and there will be lots of rich and famous people around, but I get along OK with most of those I've met, and they are more interesting than average.

I didn't check out their gun laws.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #99 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:50pm:
Yeah, I know it's a tax haven, and there will be lots of rich and famous people around, but I get along OK with most of those I've met, and they are more interesting than average.

I didn't check out their gun laws.
In Andorra, the right to private gun ownership is NOT guaranteed by law.

They have mandatory gun registration in Andorra.

All activities of arms brokers and transfer intermediaries are specifically regulated by law.

Firearm dealers are required to keep a record of each firearm or ammunition purchase, sale or transfer on behalf of a regulating authority.

They're worse than California.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Must One be Rich to Be Libertarian?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy