Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › There Are No Libertarians After A Terrorist Attack
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) There Are No Libertarians After A Terrorist Attack (Read 853 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: There Are No Libertarians After A Terrorist Attack
Reply #50 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 11:41am:
Swish.  Nothing has flown over your head this fast since your underwear when your mom greeted you at the door wearing nothing but a smile ...

I think Syrians would say we are at war when we are bombing and killing them.   Maybe I'm just old fashioned.  I'm not into war like you are where we can bomb and kill people we aren't at war with.

It's the kind of stupid thing that flies over your head when you're just pretending to be a libertarian to troll the board, Don

What an absurd post.  I am one of the most, if not the most, anti-war poster on here.

The Syrians might well say we are “at war” with them.  Their lack of understanding of our process for moving to a state of war is understandable because they are not educated in U.S. public school.  I suppose your ignorance is excusable since you were educated in a U.S. public school.

Bombing and killing Syrians absent a declaration of war is murder, not war fighting. 

However, I am embarrassed to admit that I was caught up in exactly what Skychief is talking about after 9/11.  Having served in the military, I did not want our troops in harms way, but I did want the countries responsible to pay the price.

I also had sons who were between five and twelve at the time of 9/11.  Little did I dream that each of them would serve in the Military during the longest non-declared conflict in our history.   None of them hurt, other than the oldest damaging his back carrying a Mark 17 through the mountains and deserts of Afghaniland.

I ridiculed people who rightly said that we need to understand the sources of the deep hatred for our country and address those concerns.  9/11 was a bonanza for the MIC and we allowed ourselves to get caught up in the hysteria that fed into the blood-for-profit industry.

Well.

Live and learn. 

Some of us.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #51 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:17pm:
What an absurd post.  I am one of the most, if not the most, anti-war poster on here.

The Syrians might well say we are “at war” with them.  Their lack of understanding of our process for moving to a state of war is understandable because they are not educated in U.S. public school.  I suppose your ignorance is excusable since you were educated in a U.S. public school.

Bombing and killing Syrians absent a declaration of war is murder, not war fighting. 

However, I am embarrassed to admit that I was caught up in exactly what Skychief is talking about after 9/11.  Having served in the military, I did not want our troops in harms way, but I did want the countries responsible to pay the price.

I also had sons who were between five and twelve at the time of 9/11.  Little did I dream that each of them would serve in the Military during the longest non-declared conflict in our history.   None of them hurt, other than the oldest damaging his back carrying a Mark 17 through the mountains and deserts of Afghaniland.

I ridiculed people who rightly said that we need to understand the sources of the deep hatred for our country and address those concerns.  9/11 was a bonanza for the MIC and we allowed ourselves to get caught up in the hysteria that fed into the blood-for-profit industry.

Well.

Live and learn. 

Some of us.

kaz:  The military bombing and killing people is actually war

Little Biq Man:  What an absurd post!!!!!

No one in Syria would would grasp the subtlety that you do that it's not war because congress didn't declare it.

As for that you're the most anti-war poster on the site, it's irrelevant to just state your online sock persona as if that's an actual value that you have
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2019 at 1:56pm by kaz »  

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:22pm:
kaz:  The military bombing and killing people is actually war

Little Biq Man:  What an absurd post!!!!!

No one in Syria would would grasp the subtlety that you do that it's not war because congress didn't declare it.

As for that you're the most anti-war poster on the site, it's irrelevant to just state your online sock persona as if that's an actual value that you have

If you honestly believe that, why would you choose to constantly engage me?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 11:41am:
I think Syrians would say we are at war when we are bombing and killing them.   Maybe I'm just old fashioned.  I'm not into war like you are where we can bomb and kill people we aren't at war with.

Yes, it's an important legal distinction. We are making war on many people, but we are not at war with anyone, which essentially makes our actions illegal. Our government is not permitted to engage in acts of war unless Congress declares war.

As you know, the idea of that was to prevent one man (the King, or the President) from deciding to take the country to war.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #54 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:34pm:
If you honestly believe that, why would you choose to constantly engage me?

Why wouldn't I?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #55 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:05pm:
Yes, it's an important legal distinction. We are making war on many people, but we are not at war with anyone, which essentially makes our actions illegal. Our government is not permitted to engage in acts of war unless Congress declares war.

As you know, the idea of that was to prevent one man (the King, or the President) from deciding to take the country to war.

Please, the legislature has completely abdicated its responsibility and let him.  Just like the courts completely fail to protect the Constitution and make them declare war.  Trump is a big improvement in using the military repeatedly over his predecessors

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Trump is a big improvement in using the military repeatedly over his predecessors
I don't see that. Not at all.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #57 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:36pm:
I don't see that. Not at all.

Of course you can't, you're not paying attention.

Sit down and list all the military escapades by President back to Carter and notice that every one of them (since Carter) has a list several times that of Trump.

Go ahead, pick a President since Carter you claim was less militaristic than Trump.  Name someone, hillbilly

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:56pm:
Of course you can't, you're not paying attention.

Sit down and list all the military escapades by President back to Carter and notice that every one of them (since Carter) has a list several times that of Trump.

Go ahead, pick a President since Carter you claim was less militaristic than Trump.  Name someone, hillbilly
If you want me to see the truth of your assertion, you do the work. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #59 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:59pm:
If you want me to see the truth of your assertion, you do the work. Smiley

And so, Jeff turns tail and runs away ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › There Are No Libertarians After A Terrorist Attack
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy