Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Taxation As A Weapon
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Taxation As A Weapon (Read 1654 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Taxation As A Weapon
Reply #60 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:40pm:
So now you think that amendments don't mean what they say.  Of course you don't.
The 16th Amendment says exactly what it needed to say to do an end run around the Pollock decision. That was it's only purpose and its only effect, to once again allow the taxation of incomes derived from the use of property without apportionment.

It has been interpreted too broadly, so broadly in fact, that it contradicts another part of the Constitution, which is a dead giveaway that it's being interpreted wrongly.

Care to try to describe how a tax on wages and salaries is Indirect? No, of course you don't.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #61 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:48pm:
The 16th Amendment says exactly what it needed to say to do an end run around the Pollock decision. That was it's only purpose and its only effect, to once again allow the taxation of incomes derived from the use of property without apportionment.

It has been interpreted too broadly, so broadly in fact, that it contradicts another part of the Constitution, which is a dead giveaway that it's being interpreted wrongly.

Care to try to describe how a tax on wages and salaries is Indirect? No, of course you don't.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Jeff:  When it says income "from whatever source derived," it means it's only referring to rent from property, not any other income.  And when they said "without apportionment," they meant it  needs to be apportioned.

Go to bed, nagging bitch

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:00pm:
"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Right, that's exactly what it needed to say to restore the taxation of incomes derived from the use of property to the category of Indirect taxation.

You'll never understand it if you read it in isolation from the rest of the Constitution and from the S.Ct. case that forced it's adoption.

But you don't want to understand it, do you? You want to continue allowing wages and salaries to be taxed without apportionment, as if they were "incomes", rather than the bread earned by the labor of working people.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #63 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:07pm:
You want to continue allowing wages and salaries to be taxed without apportionment

This is what a stupid fvck wad you are.  I am not like you, Jeff.  Whether I can read what something says or not is not dependent on whether I agree with it.  This is how flat out stupid you are.

Jeff:  You READ that, kaz.  OMG, that means you AGREE with it!!!!

No, it doesn't

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:44pm:
This is what a stupid fvck wad you are.  I am not like you, Jeff.  Whether I can read what something says or not is not dependent on whether I agree with it.  This is how flat out stupid you are.

Jeff:  You READ that, kaz.  OMG, that means you AGREE with it!!!!

No, it doesn't
Your contention seems to be that the 16th Amendment created an unlimited power to tax.

My contention is that that cannot be as long as there are limits on taxation remaining in the Constitution.

I'll defend my contention, and my defense is coherent with the tenor of the Declaration, the Preamble, and the body of the Constitution.

Your contention is not, which is why you will be unable to defend it rationally.

Or perhaps it's just beyond you. That seems quite possible. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 8:02am
Print Post  
How about this, the IRS gave antifa tax exempt status:

https://national-justice.com/sites/default/files/finalletter_47-2026442_onepeopl...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #66 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 5:36pm:
Your contention seems to be that the 16th Amendment created an unlimited power to tax

It gave the unlimited power to tax incomes, stupid fvck.  You really can't read, can you, hillbilly?  You're not just pretending?  Maybe dropping out in the third grade wasn't your best move.  I know, hindsight is always 20/20 ...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #67 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 5:36pm:
My contention is that that cannot be as long as there are limits on taxation remaining in the Constitution.

I'll defend my contention, and my defense is coherent with the tenor of the Declaration, the Preamble, and the body of the Constitution.

Your contention is not, which is why you will be unable to defend it rationally.

Or perhaps it's just beyond you. That seems quite possible. Smiley

Yes, you're stupid and you'll argue it doesn't say what it says endlessly

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 8:19am:
It gave the unlimited power to tax incomes,
Your contention is that the 16th Amendment removed the rule of uniformity for Indirect taxes from the Constitution?

That is simply wrong.

Do you want to have a go at explaining your belief that a tax laid on wages and salaries is an Indirect tax?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #69 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:06pm:
Do you want to have a go at explaining your belief that a tax laid on wages and salaries is an Indirect tax?

Never said that, it was the voices in your head

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Taxation As A Weapon
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy