Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How About Actually Forming "A Well-Regulated Militia"
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How About Actually Forming "A Well-Regulated Militia" (Read 2177 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

How About Actually Forming "A Well-Regulated Militia"
Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
The hand-wringing gun-grabbers complain that the 2nd Amendment is misinterpreted and that the meaning of "the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." is to ensure that only Militia should be allowed to have guns muzzle-loaded smooth-bore muskets.

Of course, that's not really the meaning of "the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

But how about the President encourage ALL gun owners to get involved and become volunteer members of local militias.

The "well-regulated" part would be the types of weapons & ammo available to Militia members. 

AR 15s  (.223 & 5.56mm NATO ammo) and AK 47s (7.62×39mm) would be the recommended Militia weapons but NOT mandatory.  30-round magazines would be recommended, but NOT mandatory.

Militias should meet at least once a month to discuss firearm safety and tactics.  And drink beer.  Smiley

This would put a muzzle on the gun-grabbers once and for all.

Trump could emerge God-like in the eyes of law-abiding American gun owners.  Gun-grabbing elites will hate him even more, but who cares?

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How About Actually Forming "A Well-Regulated Militia"
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
We talked about this Chief.

You want to do it just to challenge the democrats? 

A real militia needs to have the same arsenal as the military.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:27pm:
We talked about this Chief.

You want to do it just to challenge the democrats? 

I want to do it to stop the constant whining from the gun-grabbers.

I'm so goddam sick of it.  I truly am.

yamcha wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:27pm:
A real militia needs to have the same arsenal as the military.

Ok.  Sell us M4A1s, then.   These are basically AR 15s with a shorter barrel and have switchable select-fire (fires 3-round bursts).

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I'm sick of those commies too.  We need to re-elect Trump.  He packs and he will fukk them all up in his 2nd term.

Do you want to get super realistic?  Then know that the future is not about guns.  There are much more deadly weapons that civilian can rig right in their own home.  I could set up a remote control drone carrying an explosive and fly it to your house and land it on your head using face recognition software.  I could probably even bring down airplanes.

I could set up unmanned sniper robots hidden anywhere that can probably never be traced to me if found.

Make it so the dems have no choice but to buy armed protection.  Make it so they don't dare pass laws that make themselves defenseless.

Don't forget that the militia consisted of minute men guerillas.  Handgun might protect you from burglars but if someone really wants you dead you will be dead.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
But how about the President encourage ALL gun owners to get involved and become volunteer members of local militias.

You wouldn't probably want to recommend that anyone get involved in the local militia that's around here now.

A better idea is to put the State Militias that were expropriated by the Feds to become national Guardsmen, defined by law to be soldiers in the U.S. Military, be put back under state control. Those were the militias the founder's generation were talking about.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
I want to do it to stop the constant whining from the gun-grabbers.

They aren't whining Chief, they are demanding.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
Ok.  Sell us M4A1s, then.   These are basically AR 15s with a shorter barrel and have switchable select-fire (fires 3-round bursts).
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:33pm:
They aren't whining Chief, they are demanding.
I have a really nice Springfield Armory Garand the government sold to me for $185 dollars. It's a semi-automatic that fires a powerful round, but it only has an eight round magazine, and it's heavy compared to ARs.

Do they want me to give it up? I still have the government provided paperwork that says I have a right to own it...

I accurized it years ago, and it is very accurate out to 600 yards. Fairly effective at 1000 yards too but only for real professionals.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 3:32pm:
A better idea is to put the State Militias that were expropriated by the Feds to become national Guardsmen, defined by law to be soldiers in the U.S. Military, be put back under state control. Those were the militias the founder's generation were talking about.
It's vitally important that Civilian Militias be completely separated and fully independent from the government:

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!” - Thomas Jefferson

Militias exist to protect the Republic from ALL enemies; foreign AND domestic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How About Actually Forming "A Well-Regulated Militia"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy