Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Beto: “Hell Yes, We’re Going To Take Your AR-15, Your AK-47."
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Beto: “Hell Yes, We’re Going To Take Your AR-15, Your AK-47." (Read 1487 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Beto: “Hell Yes, We’re Going To Take Your AR-15, Your AK-47."
Reply #40 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
So does paying incompetent teachers lots of money and giving them great benefits and guaranteed jobs, and trying to train them to teach the "gender studies" course so it makes sense to young children... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Public Schools should be completely abolished, IMO.

Why would anyone want to pay to school someone else's child?   It makes no sense.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 5:45pm:

Why would anyone want to pay to school someone else's child?   It makes no sense.
You've been far too weaselly lately Chief.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 8:39pm
Print Post  

I don't want to, which is exactly why I should be forced to.

That child didn't choose his parents and he didn't choose to be born to parents who can't pay to educate him, and he didn't choose to be condemned to a life of mowing lawns because he can't read or write.

In a way, if I'm not forced to educate him, I'm sort of guilty of slavery, which of course benefits me at his expense. Someone with such a drastically limited ability to participate in the free market is basically a slave.

Of course that artificially cheap labour is something an educated person, in general, would want. I don't really care since I do my own physical labour, but I'm still thinking selfishly if I say I shouldn't have to pay for his education. I'm thinking of how difficult it's going to be to educate myself (if I'm young) or my own child, or even have a child at all with free education pushing up the price of education (at the same time as it devalues it!) for those who have to pay.

How is it fair, I selfishly ask, for the people who have one kid and break their backs to put him through school to have to pay to have their child's education devalued?

The answer is: It's not fair.

But we're not going for fair.

Public school is a good idea, and a basic education is necessary to maintaining a society as law enforcement.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 8:39pm:

I don't want to, which is exactly why I should be forced to.

That child didn't choose his parents and he didn't choose to be born to parents who can't pay to educate him, and he didn't choose to be condemned to a life of mowing lawns because he can't read or write.

I hold no bad feelings towards the child who didn't choose to be born to parents who can't pay to educate him.

My bad feelings are directed at the layabout, irresponsible parents who expect someone else to pay for educating their child.

Stop pointing a gun to me head, forcing me to pay for other people's mistakes.

Thanks.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:13pm:
I hold no bad feelings towards the child who didn't choose to be born to parents who can't pay to educate him.

My bad feelings are directed at the layabout, irresponsible parents who expect someone else to pay for educating their child.

Stop pointing a gun to me head, forcing me to pay for other people's mistakes.

Thanks.

I'm not holding a gun to your head. In fact, I think libertarians should get an exemption from having to pay for public school.

There are conscientious objector exemptions from the draft, aren't there? Same principle.

I don't want to pay for the mistakes of others either. But I recognise that I should be forced to if those mistakes plop out a child who has no part in them, because if I'm not forced to pay for the parent's mistake, he will be, and that's just as bad.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:21pm:
I'm not holding a gun to your head. In fact, I think libertarians should get an exemption from having to pay for public school.
Not literally, but figuratively you are.

You just want government to do the gun-pointing for you.  You are an accessory to theft.

Don't Tread on Me.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:42am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:38pm:
Not literally, but figuratively you are.

You just want government to do the gun-pointing for you.

Uh-huh. For me, me who has no child and probably never will. Yes, that's what I want.

I think you know that's bullshit. I would rather lose a limb than pay for someone else's school, because their subsidised mega-litters are pricing me out of the market.

I am advocating that I should be forced to pay for public school precisely because I would never do so voluntarily.

If you think you shouldn't be forced to, you should get an exemption.

But those children exist, and they need an education. You literally just said one person shouldn't be forced to pay for the mistakes of another. Then why is it that you're okay with letting the kid pay for the mistake of the parents when they just fucked him into existence without a care for whether they could pay for his basic needs or not?

SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2019 at 10:38pm:
You are an accessory to theft.

Don't Tread on Me.

Why aren't lobbyists accessories to over-regulation?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 3:23am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:42am:
I am advocating that I should be forced to pay for public school precisely because I would never do so voluntarily.

The Opposition wrote on Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:42am:
If you think you shouldn't be forced to, you should get an exemption.

agreed.   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 8:08am
Print Post  
How did this thread get so far of topic?

Anyway, since it's now about education, I'll toss in this article:

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/big-brother-classroom

The article concludes-

"The only solution is to switch the discussion from a “civil right” that Big Brother imposes to a discussion of the “civil responsibility” of parents to raise their children without the ideological intrusion of the government. It is not a question of “rights” to be imposed by the state but of the “freedom” of parents to choose the sort of education that they believe is best for their children. Schools should empower parents to educate their children and should not empower big government to impose its own ideological understanding of what constitutes a “civil right.”"

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 5th, 2019 at 8:08am:
How did this thread get so far of topic?

There was a little "topic drift" happening.  But were still discussing govenment over-reach whether its with gun restrictions or education.

The only way to reduce the Government's intrusion into our lives is to cut funding.  And that means take away their credit card.  End income taxes.   That's the big cash cow for lawmakers.  End property taxes, too. 

And punish lawmakers which create programs that go over budget. or violate the Bill of Rights.

NY came out with a law that violates Free Speech.  The Law states that they can impose a quarter-million dollar fine on anyone who uses the term "illegal alien".

If you say ILLEGAL ALIEN 4 times, you can be fined $1,000,000.

Think for a moment about how unbelievably moronic that is.   Lawmakers that come up with this crazy shit need to be severely punished, and removed from office.

Lawmakers that pass laws to infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms should be punished and publicly humiliated.   Tar & Feathering should be brought back. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Beto: “Hell Yes, We’re Going To Take Your AR-15, Your AK-47."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy