Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftist Violence
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Leftist Violence (Read 1522 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Leftist Violence
Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
It does suck.  So look at what I am getting in Irvine for all the fees I pay.  I have access to about 50 community pools, a shitload of little parks, super clean and safe streets, the best public schooling, etc.

But hey, I am single and I am paying into all the things that I am not using.  Hell, I don't even need that much safety since I have no wife or kids.

Growing up in Orange County was kind of like Mayberry.  All the neighbors were family and we all looked out for each other.  No more.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:27pm:
How did you get the idea that I would  "Beat the shit out of him" from this?:

I don't literally mean beat the shit out of him but it would be nice if you could.  The fukking democrat asked a very sensitive question and got violent because you didn't praise Bernie or whoever.  These people, even though their candidate lost the election, think that 100% of everyone around them are liberals.

This is actually very important to note Chief.  There are more democrats than republicans but the democrats still lose because they just talk but don't vote.  It is that mindset that someone else will do it for them.  If they all came out to vote then we would be fukked.

They always think someone has to and will do it but just not them personally.  This is why they can't sustain anything.

The democrats are actually their own biggest enemy.

The last time someone asked me what I think will happen if Trump wins again I said hopefully he will end illegal immigration, welfare, anchor babies, minimum wage, lower all income and capital gains tax, burn 90% of regulations and tariffs and make America great again.

The democrat was wide mouth and asked how he could ever do that and I said by taking from the poor and giving to the rich!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:27pm:
The in-laws live in Irvine. They have an HOA too.  They spent ten grand on exterior painting, and the HOA told them the color they used was not approved, and they would need to repaint again with an HOA approved color.   The re-paint was only six grand because all the prep work was done.   

16 grand they spent on painting their house!   Shocked

HOAS suck so hard.

I find this difficult to believe. HOAs are based on voluntarism and property rights, and you can't possibly get effective tyranny that's just as bad or worse than government, out of a system based on voluntarism and property rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Have you ever owned a house?  HOAs is worse than the communist party.  They will fine you right off your property.

If your HOA prohibits a certain type of paint or color from being used, and you use one of the prohibited variety, depending on the HOA documents you may find yourself assessed a fine for every day the paint remains up. The HOA may also have the right to remove the paint and charge you for doing so.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:54pm:
Have you ever owned a house?  HOAs is worse than the communist party.  They will fine you right off your property.

Well, yes, and I chose not to belong to one, but I must be stupid. The free market is perfect, you see. HOAs are based on voluntarism and private property rights, so they can't possibly be bad or result in tyranny.

yamcha wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:54pm:
If your HOA prohibits a certain type of paint or color from being used, and you use one of the prohibited variety, depending on the HOA documents you may find yourself assessed a fine for every day the paint remains up. The HOA may also have the right to remove the paint and charge you for doing so.

Then don't paint the house that colour. Simple!

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Oh, so just don't buy a house in a community with an HOA right?  America is a big HOA.  You CAN"T opt-out.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
America is a big HOA.

Well, no, it's not. It's an evil, evil government with zero legitimacy. It has no authority and its restrictions and regulations violate rights!

Now, if the founders had the prescience to predict how future people would measure legitimacy, they could have just founded the country as an HOA and everything they're doing now would be absolutely legitimate and not violate rights in the slightest.

Because, you see, it's about technicalities. It's not about whether people are miserable and living under crushing restrictions, it's simply about whether those restrictions technically violate their rights or not.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:05pm:
Well, no, it's not. It's an evil, evil government with zero legitimacy. It has no authority and its restrictions and regulations violate rights!

Now, if the founders had the prescience to predict how future people would measure legitimacy, they could have just founded the country as an HOA and everything they're doing now would be absolutely legitimate and not violate rights in the slightest.

Because, you see, it's about technicalities. It's not about whether people are miserable and living under crushing restrictions, it's simply about whether those restrictions technically violate their rights or not.

You are talking about automating evil. In traditional civilizations, evil is primarily a manifestation of stupidity, not motivated by government malevolence as depicted in political commentaries. From stupidity, one is psychologically and spiritually imbalanced from which they slouch towards depravity, greed, selfishness, and other errors that look away from the consequences they are creating.

Yes, HOAs were established voluntarily and it is up to you if you want to buy a house that is part of an HOA.  I personally have to because any place without an HOA in California is either SUPER expensive and exclusive or niqqer/spic infested.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 3:14am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:59pm:
. . .The democrats are actually their own biggest enemy. . .

Yep.

This will be their undoing.    Both parties are dwindling.   Independents are now the largest voting bloc in the country.  And they are growing as democrats and republicans abandon their respective parties.

This is good for libertarians.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:39pm:
I find this difficult to believe. HOAs are based on voluntarism and property rights, and you can't possibly get effective tyranny that's just as bad or worse than government, out of a system based on voluntarism and property rights.

All HOAs are over-regulated.  Period.

Some more over-regulated than others, but all are over-regulated.

Many people find this attractive.  Libertarians generally do not.

I would wager that the percentage of libertarians in HOAs is well under the percentage of libertarians in the general population.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftist Violence
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy