Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftist Violence
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Leftist Violence (Read 1519 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Leftist Violence
Reply #20 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Well of course Chief!  Think of all the Libertarians who don't own a house.  It's like wagering that the number of female Libertarians is lower than the total number of Libertarians.

Not only are they over-regulated but it seems they are corrupt too.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:21pm:
All HOAs are over-regulated.  Period.

Some more over-regulated than others, but all are over-regulated.

Many people find this attractive.  Libertarians generally do not.

I would wager that the percentage of libertarians in HOAs is well under the percentage of libertarians in the general population.

Probably, because libertarians like actual freedom for themselves.

But when others are suffering, ideal freedom is enough for them. As long as it doesn't technically violate their rights, it's fine.

And HOAs don't - they don't technically violate rights. If America had been founded as a giant HOA, libertarians would have had to develop their philosophy differently to be able to complain about any of the current laws.

And they would have done so. The specificity of what is a rights violation and what is not is based on things that actually happen and personally upset libertarians.

I'm only challenging you to imagine a horrible, oppressive United States of America founded as an HOA and asking you if you would just accept it, or if you would alter your philosophy so that this USA is also violating rights when it grabs guns and oppresses people and is in the wrong to do so.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Question for you Oppo, why do you mostly look at the philosophical treaty of ideologies instead of there real-world results in practice?

Don't you think this kind of thinking gives you an unrealistic understanding of reality and stops you from actualizing the truth?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 9:46pm:
Question for you Oppo, why do you mostly look at the philosophical treaty of ideologies instead of there real-world results in practice?

Don't you think this kind of thinking gives you an unrealistic understanding of reality and stops you from actualizing the truth?

I do neither. I take what people say about their ideologies at face-value. I can provide quotes to back up libertarians wanting actual freedom for themselves while ideal freedom (rights not technically violated) is enough for others.

I would be a lot happier to look at real results if people were willing to have honest conversations rather than simply attributing results they don't like to government (or in your case, to 🥯) every time.

As it is, looking at real results is an exercise in futility, because the idealist communist is fundamentally dishonest because he assumes his philosophy is perfect, so the fault must be in the execution. Libertarians and communists are identical in this respect.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
You do.  Hey, can you read French?  I have a copy of Le Libertaire, Journal du mouvement.  Modern Libertarianism is based in communism actually.

Ok, if you think that libertarians are using their rights to make loopholes to violate the freedom of others than they are not just doing it to non-libertarians but to themselves too.  So who is really libertarian?

We have agreed that NAP (Jainism) is not realistic in practice so why cling on to fantasy even if you believe it is the best dogma?

Hey, how the fukk am I dishonest?  Who do you think created communism?  The bagel munching dwarf Marx, right?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 10:25pm:
Hey, how the fukk am I dishonest?

To be honest I don't think you're that much of a libertarian. If you don't believe the NAP is right, you're not a libertarian.

We have agreed that NAP (Jainism) is not realistic in practice so why cling on to fantasy even if you believe it is the best dogma?

Every form of morality demands sacrifices for the sake of following that morality. Libertarianism and the NAP demands the most, and it is at least capable of encompassing all other philosophies' demanded sacrifices. In that way, it is perfect. I don't care if it's practical or not.

Hey, can you read French?

I can understand spoken French enough to get by but I'm shaky on my ability to read it or speak it well.

Just FYI, I really don't like 🥐. I never met anyone who did, though. And they're white, so it's not racism.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 10:42pm:

To be honest I don't think you're that much of a libertarian. If you don't believe the NAP is right, you're not a libertarian.
When the fukk did I ever say I was a Libertarian?  Jesus!
However, if we agree that Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment then in practice, I probably more Libertarian than anyone in this room.

Every form of morality demands sacrifices for the sake of following that morality. Libertarianism and the NAP demands the most, and it is at least capable of encompassing all other philosophies' demanded sacrifices. In that way, it is perfect. I don't care if it's practical or not.
It is not about practicality or being fastidious.
It is about results.  Show me the results of NAP in actual practice.  Is masturbation a form of aggression?

Just FYI, I really don't like 🥐. I never met anyone who did, though. And they're white, so it's not racism.
I personally detest the frogs.  They are the biggest hypocrites of all.  They give us shit for attacking the middle east and but if the sand niggers flew planes into the Eiffel Tower, they would be over there bombing the next day.

And yes, you are racist. Pendez les Blancs!  No big deal though, there is no law saying whites can't be racist towards other whites.  In fact, that is the main problem right now and it is destroying western civilization, white guilt.

Hey, check out this hotel I am at in New Dehli.  View from my room:

Have you ever seen anything so ugly?  Designed by a French architect!  Gross!

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Well, there is one thing the Frogs do right:

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 11:10pm:
When the fukk did I ever say I was a Libertarian?  Jesus!

Well, do you even think you are?

However, if we agree that Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment then in practice, I probably more Libertarian than anyone in this room.

I do not agree with that. Libertarians seek (from what I have seen) to minimise rights violation by government. They don't seem to care about rights violation by other sources. They say it should be illegal but they are not willing to invest even a single resource in punishing it.

It is not about practicality or be fastidious.
It is about results

Not for me. For me it's about not violating rights. The NAP is the most restrictive morality and includes all the restrictions of all other moralities.

And yes, you are racist. Pendez les Blancs!

You can only be racist against people. 🥐 aren't people.

Have you ever seen anything so ugly?  Designed by a French architect!  Gross!

Art becomes like this in a late-stage society. Beautiful has been done. Now it's about prestige and clout. Celebrity. How successful am I as an artist? Well, how ugly can I make something and have it praised?

Well, there is one thing the Frogs do right:

So far as I know, I'm the only non-smoker in the world who doesn't take offence when people smoke around me.

I'm also the least libertarian person I have ever met. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get it.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Don't know what Libertarians say.  I have said, again and again, it is just another "ism".  All it takes to be officially Libertarian is to go to the Libertarian website and register.  Look at the actions and results of the people who call themselves Libertarian, there are none.  They just talk about liberty and then they pay taxes and then they talk more talk.  Also, here are the communists by the way?  I don't see any of them getting together and living in communes.  Most people talk the talk abut don't walk the walk.

What about the liberal spic lovers?  When do you ever see them adopt a spic family?

Show me where NAP (Western Jainism) has been practiced.  Show me the results.  You criticize the commies for hanging on to ideals that have no basis in reality so show me where NAP has been implemented.

So what the fukk is a real Libertarian to you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Leftist Violence
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy