Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Question for Anti-Racists: Why Don't Racists...?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Question for Anti-Racists: Why Don't Racists...? (Read 2254 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Question for Anti-Racists: Why Don't Racists...?
Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 3:48am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 24th, 2019 at 8:55pm:
Not quite true Chief.  By law, you do not have to state a reason why you refuse service or fire someone.

Everything I said is true.  For California.  If you refuse to serve Jeff because he feels like a black woman, he can sue you for "gender-identity" discrimination.

We have really weird laws in California. 

I'm surprised you weren't aware of this.

learn about California Discrimination Law here:

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-right-to-refuse-service-can-a-business-re...

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:12am
Print Post  
I understand it Chief but it is up to Jeff to prove it.  California is also an At-will employment state.  That means I can fire anyone I want without just cause or warning as long as it doesn't violate most or perhaps all of the things you listed above.  However, it is up to the guy getting fired to file any lawsuit of complaints.

So it is 100% legal for me to fire someone just because I don't like their face.

It is very difficult to prove discrimination.

The problem is when hiring.  That is why I would require all applicants to include a recent picture of themselves on their resume.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 8:17am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:12am:
I understand it Chief but it is up to Jeff to prove it.  California is also an At-will employment state.  That means I can fire anyone I want without just cause or warning as long as it doesn't violate most or perhaps all of the things you listed above.  However, it is up to the guy getting fired to file any lawsuit of complaints.

So it is 100% legal for me to fire someone just because I don't like their face.

It is very difficult to prove discrimination.

The problem is when hiring.  That is why I would require all applicants to include a recent picture of themselves on their resume.
If a lot of people are waiting in line to get into your night club, but only black people are being allowed in, it looks pretty certain that you are discriminating against white people and Asians etc.

The same thing applies if you are hiring engineers for your business, and engineers of Asian, or Indian, or African heritage are applying, but you only hire white engineers.

That said, you have a right of free association. If you want to have a blacks only night club, or a whites only engineering firm, you have a right to do it.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Industry

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I see no answer to this question except just saying premise is wrong Opposition says test it and says how but still respect goes to the one who says lol ur rong he is so right no one will use science or logic here all politics is just religion 2.0.

Like I read through lots of topics here no question is ever answered.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 2:00pm:
I see no answer to this question except just saying premise is wrong Opposition says test it and says how but still respect goes to the one who says lol ur rong he is so right no one will use science or logic here all politics is just religion 2.0.

What?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
ok.

So it is 100% legal for me to fire someone just because I don't like their face. . .

Yes, you can do this.

But let's say you hired Jeff because his picture showed that he is a white male.

Jeff turns out to be a hard worker and a valuable asset to your company. 

But then something odd happens. . .

Jeff wakes up one day and self identifies as a black lesbian.  He demands that he be allowed to use the ladies room, and demands that you tolerate lapses in his performance due to imaginary PMS.

So you fire Jeff.   

A week later, Jeff's lawyer calls and notifies you that Jeff is suing you for discrimination.

It all goes downhill from there. . . .    Cry

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
Yes, you can do this.

But let's say you hired Jeff because his picture showed that he is a white male.

Jeff turns out to be a hard worker and a valuable asset to your company. 

But then something happens. . .

Jeff wakes up one day and self identifies as a black woman.  He demands that he be allowed to use the ladies room, and demands that you tolerate lapses in his performance due to imaginary PMS.

So you fire Jeff.   

A week later, Jeff's lawyer calls and notifies you that Jeff is suing you for discrimination.

It all goes downhill from there. . . .    Cry
You imagine it wrong Chief, even when I feel like a black lesbian, I still look like a man and have all the male equipment, and I'm going to go in the men's room and use the urinal, because it's easiest for me and more sanitary.

Feeling like a black lesbian doesn't turn me into an arrogant demanding idiot, I'm still a good worker, and I don't fake illnesses.

Sometimes I dress a bit differently, that's all.

If you're the type of person who fires people because they start wearing a different style of clothes, I don't want to work for you anyway.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
You imagine it wrong Chief, even when I feel like a black lesbian. . .

Sometimes I dress a bit differently, that's all.

If you're the type of person who fires people because they start wearing a different style of clothes, I don't want to work for you anyway.
Yamcha can fire you if you don't comply with his dress code.

It was part of the conditions of employment.      You signed it. 

Bummer.   Your lawsuit will get thrown out.   

Yamcha doesn't even need to bring his lawyer with him to Court  - all he needs is the Conditions Of Employment agreement that you signed.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:32pm:

I would never agree to work for yamcha, so he could never have a chance to fire me for any reason. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 5:32pm:

It was part of the conditions of employment.      You signed it. 

Bummer.   Your lawsuit will get thrown out.   

In Kalifornia? Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Question for Anti-Racists: Why Don't Racists...?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy