Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Censorship of Elected Officials
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Censorship of Elected Officials (Read 542 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Censorship of Elected Officials
Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Two examples:

Trump is now to be investigated for what he supposedly said to the president of Ukraine?  Presidents need to be able to speak in confidence to advisors, political opponents an allies and foreign leaders whether friendly or not so friendly. Negotiation are difficult in a fishbowl and it’s hard enough to get good advice without fearing your words will be mocked by Rachel Maddox.

In the Correy Lewendowski hearing, a Republican representative objected to a democrat stating that Trump obstructed justice.  Elected representative should be able to speak their minds.  Let the voters object to objectioble words at the ballot box.

Few would need be concerned about what our government people say if government did not have such enormous power over our lives.  The solution is to disempower the government, not to censor the people’s repesentatives and their staff.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Censorship of Elected Officials
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
The White House released an unredacted transcript of the conversation.

There is collusion - plain and simple.   The quid pro quo is right there.

Trump offered to buy $400 million worth of Javelin missiles for Ukraine if they dug up dirt on Sleepy Joe Biden.

It's in black and white. . .  Smoke still coming out of the barrel.

Up until now, it looked like the dems were just flinging poop on the wall to see what would stick - nothing did.

But this. . .  it looks kinda bad for Trump.   

It's the essence of collusion, it clearly violates constitutional law,  and this toothpaste aint going back in the tube.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation .. I think you are surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

Zelenskyy: We are great friends and you Mr. President have. friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly. That I can assure you.

Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman., was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that.  The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Eiden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

Zelenskyy: The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful  for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovicli. It was great that you were the first one. who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%. Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept me as a new President well enough.

And there's the quid pro quo.   Trump is basically saying to the Ukraine President: 

Get me some dirt on Biden, and I will see that you get the $400 Million to buy your Javelin missile systems.

Ouch.   So will Trump resign?   I predict HE WILL NOT.  (official prediction #021)
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2019 at 3:01pm by SkyChief »  

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Two examples:

Trump is now to be investigated for what he supposedly said to the president of Ukraine?  Presidents need to be able to speak in confidence to advisors, political opponents an allies and foreign leaders whether friendly or not so friendly. Negotiation are difficult in a fishbowl and it’s hard enough to get good advice without fearing your words will be mocked by Rachel Maddox.

Using the power of government to personally enrich yourself, or your family, or your business associates, or your friends, is an abuse of power.

If a President offers to approve a treaty or a trade deal in return for favors to himself or any of those people I mentioned, he is abusing his power just as if he accepted cash bribes.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
And there's the quid pro quo.   Trump is basically saying to the Ukraine President: 

Get me some dirt on Biden, and I will see that you get the $400 Million to buy your Javelin missile systems.
(official prediction #021)

That is exactly what he said, alright.

Then he went way too far by saying:

But you cannot use one of those Javelin missiles to take out Biden . . . unless he wins the primary.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Sep 26th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
That is exactly what he said, alright.

Then he went way too far by saying:

But you cannot use one of those Javelin missiles to take out Biden . . . unless he wins the primary.
He was talking to the CIA right? Asking them about secret ways to make enemies die mysteriously, leaving no evidence... Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Theyellowking
Libertarian Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
It's the same old tired stuff. Anyone who gets to the position of president of the United States will be corrupt, Trump just won't give DC their deeply desired Iran war so he has to go. I have no doubt Obama and Bush did exactly the same stuff with their political enemies.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Theyellowking wrote on Sep 26th, 2019 at 4:45pm:
It's the same old tired stuff. Anyone who gets to the position of president of the United States will be corrupt, Trump just won't give DC their deeply desired Iran war so he has to go. I have no doubt Obama and Bush did exactly the same stuff with their political enemies.
That's why I just mentioned in another thread that impeachment needs to be used much more often.

BTW, Congress can declare war on Iran anytime they want to. Smiley

Edit: I've never been willing to accept criminal government as the norm. I never will.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Kamala Harris Desperately Tries To Muzzle Trump
Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Yesterday, Kamala Harris has asked Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to suspend President Donald Trump's account.

California Senator Harris told Twitter CEO Dorsey that Trump had violated Twitter's terms of service.

She claimed that Trump's recent tweets about civil war, the Ukraine call whistleblower, and Rep. Adam Schiff  violate Twitter's prohibitions on engaging in "targeted harassment," inciting violence, the "glorification of violence," and attempts "to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else's voice."

It's pretty clear who wants to silence someone else's voice. . . It is Harris.   She wants to muzzle Trump.

Official prediction #024:

Trump's Twitter account will NOT be suspended.

Trump's tweets are making Twitter lots of money - it would be sheer stupidity to suspend or censor Trump's tweets.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Kamal Harris Tries To Muzzle Trump
Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 5:27pm:
Yesterday, Kamala Harris has asked Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to suspend President Donald Trump's account.
That might be a good idea!

I'm not an interested party in that I never used Twitter, but, do the Twitter people think Harris actually has any power to screw with them if they don't?

Why would they? They might be paying Trump kickbacks to keep him using their forum, helping to make them ultra-rich.

Just a random thought: Did Harris get rich as a federal prosecutor?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Censorship of Elected Officials
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy