Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What should I do Chief? advice
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What should I do Chief? advice (Read 660 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

What should I do Chief? advice
Sep 27th, 2019 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I don't know what to do about California, Chief.  I live mostly abroad but come home twice a year to see friends and family, handle my taxes, manage some property and tie up some loose ends.  The weather is about all that I really miss.

It all REALLY started to go to shit during the riots.  They then paid the son-of-a-bitch Rodney King, 8 million for hit and run, driving 110mph down a neighborhood street while drunk and on PCP.  Then they acquitted the murdering niqqer O.J. Simpson by dismissing the hard evidence due to it being invalid for racially tainted reasons.

Now the place is a sanctuary state run by progressives and SJWs.  I only have to drive 10 minutes from my house to see the filth living along the S.A. river.

I was hoping things would get better when Arnold was elected but he turned out to be the biggest disappointment of all.  The fukking sell-out!

Sure there is still freedom of speech laws but they are meaningless when you live in a politically correct run state.  I could be on the front page of tomorrow's paper if someone recorded me saying that I don't feel like Mexican tonight!

I guess you are in your early 60s Chief?  I am 47, so I guess you can consider me like your nephew.  What would you do if you were my age and single? What should I do Chief?

Yeah, California, paradise lost.

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2019 at 8:33pm by yamcha »  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What should I do Chief? advice
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 12:35am
Print Post  
California is going down the tubes fast.

It will only get worse - sorry.     The progressives and SJWs have a stranglehold on the state and they're becoming stronger.  The middle-class are fleeing the state and all that is left are very poor and very wealthy.

All our friends are leaving.  A couple weeks ago I helped my high school pal and his wife move to Prescott, Arizona.  They bought a huge parcel - 8 acres - built a gorgeous split-level house (& a 4-car garage) on a hilltop with a view that takes your breath away.

He promised to clear an airstrip for me.  We already staked it out. He said he would name it SkyChief Airpark.  Smiley

If I were 47 and single, I would escape this madness.  But I got grown kids,  grandkids, a huge mortgage, and half of an aircraft that must stay hangared at Zamperini Field. . . . I"m pretty much stuck here.   Embarrassed

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:18am
Print Post  
I lived in Scottsdale for almost a year and thought it was a great place but the heat...

Did you refinance or something?

Why not name it Rodney King International?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:37am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:18am:
I lived in Scottsdale for almost a year and thought it was a great place but the heat...
The people become acclimated to the heat eventually. Its a dry heat, anyways.

Why not name it Rodney King International?
It will be a 1400 foot unpaved airstrip.   "International" airports must accommodate the Airbus 380 - a behemoth of an aircraft that requires over 9000 feet of runway to take off.  Shocked

Also, the SkyChief Airpark will not have fuel available.  Thankfully Prescott Regional Airport is only 4 miles away if I need to top off the tanks.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:54am
Print Post  
How cool that must be to fly right into your friend's back yard for dinner.

Do you like canards?  I heard you can't stall in them and that they are quieter for the people inside because the prop is in the back.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 9:07am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:37am:

It will be a 1400 foot unpaved airstrip.   "International" airports must accommodate the Airbus 380 - a behemoth of an aircraft that requires over 9000 feet of runway to take off.  Shocked

International airports that can't accommodate the 380 can still receive international flights.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 9:10am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 27th, 2019 at 10:54pm:
I don't know what to do about California, Chief.
Whatever you want to. Smiley

This article raised a question in my mind:

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/california-probes-chinese-communist-pol...

What are Chinese Communist Police doing operating in an official capacity in Kalifornia?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 11:44am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 28th, 2019 at 1:54am:
How cool that must be to fly right into your friend's back yard for dinner.

Do you like canards?  I heard you can't stall in them and that they are quieter for the people inside because the prop is in the back.

In theory, yes.  I've never flown one, or even flow IN one, tbh. 

Canard aircraft have superior stall characteristics than a standard empennage-configured aircraft, so they are considered well-mannered.

The most potentially deadly phase of flight is turning base to final (approach).  This is what kills many novice pilots.  They over-bank at low airspeed (5 or 6 knots above stall).  The inside wing stalls, the outside wing keeps flying, and instantly the plane goes into a tailspin 500 feet above the ground.   2500-pound lawn dart.
 Instant death.

However, in a canard plane,  over-banking on base-to-final turn merely results in a 30 or 40 foot drop in altitude.   Easily correctable.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 28th, 2019 at 9:10am:
Whatever you want to. Smiley

This article raised a question in my mind:

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/california-probes-chinese-communist-pol...

What are Chinese Communist Police doing operating in an official capacity in Kalifornia?
It's odd that these fake commie-cars are seen in kamcha's hometown, Irvine.

Quote:
Police are looking for a second white vehicle also reported to bear PAP markings in the same area of Irvine, Calif. The town's population is 42 percent Asian American, and many residents are Chinese American.

Hmmmm. . . .     Huh

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 6:00pm
Print Post  

Did you refinance or something?

You're asking the Chief advice about refinancing your property? Really?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What should I do Chief? advice
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy