Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Vegetarians were Libertarians
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic If Vegetarians were Libertarians (Read 191 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

If Vegetarians were Libertarians
Sep 29th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
If vegetarians were libertarians, they would all eat meat, provided they wanted to in the slightest.

Even if they believed animals had rights, they didn't kill those animals. They didn't commit aggression. Someone else did it. That person is responsible.

But hey, being on welfare isn't aggression, even though that money is stolen and no one will give a consensus about whether receiving stolen property is aggression.

Lobbying and bribing the government for regulations that are certainly aggression? Well, you're blameless. You didn't commit the aggression yourself.

I can't even get a clear answer on whether hiring a hit man is aggression, and even if the answer was yes, you wouldn't dare extend that to lobbyists, who use the government as a hit man to enforce the aggressive and restrictive policies they want enforced.

It's almost like only libertarians think that knowingly and intentionally buying aggression or its results is a completely innocent act.

Otherwise vegetarians would take the same moral high ground they do now, and eat meat anyway, because they didn't personally slaughter those animals.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If Vegetarians were Libertarians
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
I've only known two libertarian vegetarians in my whole life. (Disclaimer: I've probably known less than a dozen vegetarians of any political persuasion... And they all gave it up.)

Say, is this another one of your Ridiculous Fantastical Fantasy Stories? (RFFS, pronounced "reefers").

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 29th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
Otherwise vegetarians would take the same moral high ground they do now, and eat meat anyway, because they didn't personally slaughter those animals.
yep it's another "reefer" all right. Edit: One of your best efforts! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And you wonder why I only read your intro and conclusion.

Why would I read the crap in between?

As yamcha mentioned, I can't know how long I'll live. I know there is at least one Prophecy that says that...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Sep 29th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
If vegetarians were libertarians, they would all eat meat, provided they wanted to in the slightest.

Even if they believed animals had rights, they didn't kill those animals. They didn't commit aggression. Someone else did it. That person is responsible.

But hey, being on welfare isn't aggression, even though that money is stolen and no one will give a consensus about whether receiving stolen property is aggression.

Lobbying and bribing the government for regulations that are certainly aggression? Well, you're blameless. You didn't commit the aggression yourself.

I can't even get a clear answer on whether hiring a hit man is aggression, and even if the answer was yes, you wouldn't dare extend that to lobbyists, who use the government as a hit man to enforce the aggressive and restrictive policies they want enforced.

It's almost like only libertarians think that knowingly and intentionally buying aggression or its results is a completely innocent act.

Remix of the same song.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
Remix of the same song.
Why do you keep listening to it?

Do you find the jerkwad to be intellectually stimulating, like I do?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
No, I don't  I only read the first 2 lines.  He is basically saying Libertarians bend the law to their own needs blah blah blah.  He is not intellectual at all to me.  He is like the guy in the Beatles song - Nowhere Man.

My IQ is between 68 and 71 so that makes him an infantile retard.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Sep 29th, 2019 at 6:55pm:
No, I don't  I only read the first 2 lines.  He is basically saying Libertarians bend the law to their own needs blah blah blah.  He is not intellectual at all to me.  He is like the guy in the Beatles song - Nowhere Man.

My IQ is between 68 and 71 so that makes him an infantile retard.
Huh.

People with IQs as low as yours are usually dumb as stumps and don't understand words like "infantile retard". Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Industry
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2019 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Lol see what happens you make a good point and they are like wow how retarded. They can't find one thing wrong with it lol.

If you are a vegetarian and think animals should not be murdered you can't eat meat because buying the killing is just like the killing.

IDK why you care what they say so much they are just dumb can't defend they're BS.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2019 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Oct 1st, 2019 at 5:55pm:
Lol see what happens you make a good point and they are like wow how retarded.
You thought it was a good point? Grin Grin Grin

Why?

Your rebuttal is certainly better...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2019 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Oct 1st, 2019 at 5:55pm:
IDK why you care what they say so much they are just dumb can't defend they're BS.
You're a classic waste of good skin Indy. Just my opinion of course... Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Vegetarians were Libertarians
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy