Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Equality of Opportunity is NOT what America is about.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Equality of Opportunity is NOT what America is about. (Read 547 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Equality of Opportunity is NOT what America is about.
Oct 2nd, 2019 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Oppo, I asked you to comment on my thoughts after going to India but you didn't so please do because I have more thoughts on this matter:

yamcha wrote on Sep 26th, 2019 at 4:54am:
Sitting at Indira Ghandi waiting to board a connecting flight to Tainan from Bangkok right now and reflecting on the shithole that is India.  The Gods have left here and are not coming back and neither am I.

https://i.ibb.co/sKPX5zd/viber-image-2019-09-25-16-24-26.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ssTw0R4/test.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ZTKmhGn/test2.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/JrzmxWg/viber-image-2019-09-26-12-02-58.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/mb79kKJ/mn.jpg
Fukking hideously tacky room in the Oberoi Hotel at Arga, near the Shit Mahal!

It is impossible to believe that these filthy, ugly, feeble-minded people founded some of the greatest philosophies and language (Sanskrit) the world has known.  This country, even with all the help in the world, is going nowhere.

The lesson to be learned here is that all principles; Communism, Jainism, and NAP do not work in reality so long as the people are not ready for it.  Forcing a NAP on the unenlightened is nothing less than cruelty, like forcing a dog to be vegetarian.

Nonviolence or nonaggression is usually understood by most as not-hurting or harming others and not infringing on their rights. This is, of course, a very simplistic and rather superficial interpretation of NAP. (Nonviolence in the spiritual sense means not having any kind of violence or disturbance in the mind. It means not disturbing oneself or others in any form.)

To Libertarians, NAP is considered the highest virtue or the virtue of virtues because all virtues said to lead to this state only. You become non-aggressive only when you end your desire to control others and attain perfection or fullness in all respects. In that state, you will neither oppress nor suppress anything or anyone for your gain. You will not hurt or harm others, not even think of it. You cease to disturb others as you become fully accepting of the world and remain indifferent to all the differences and inequalities around you. Thus we can say that sameness, equanimity, detachment, indifference, humility, surrender, compassion and love arise from adopting NAP.

From this perspective, the NAP practiced in politics is not the same as the NAP practiced by every day idealists because it aims to achieve political ends by changing and disturbing the status quo. Through nonviolence, Gandhi upset British rule and in the process also stirred the whole nation into a national fervor, a mental modification that does not truly reflect a non-violent state.

Gandhi tried the impossible by introducing nonviolence as a political weapon to be practiced by people who were basically materialistic, stupid and not trained to be non-violent like himself. He practiced nonviolence to free India from the British rule, not for the goal of liberty but for the liberation of a country from oppression and exploitation. In the process, he stirred the whole nation into a state of non-cooperation and passive resistance.

Gandhi used a very ancient Indian version of NAP (Jainism) rather shrewdly for his political ends with the help of people who were not ready for it and in the process could not help violating its very purpose, which is to achieve peace and stability. In the end, his methods brought freedom to the country but at a great cost. The country that eventually emerged out of his effort was and is a complete negation of NAP values and beliefs. It is a country ravaged by wars, communal clashes, political instability, poverty, economic and caste disparities, violence and corruption.

Gandhi himself met with a violent end and so did his niqqer copycat Martin Lucifer King who tried to get the blacks apes to refrain from doing chimp outs.

So about your anti-racist thread about why racists don't go after Asians, I realized that equality of opportunity is an even worse lie than the nutty melting pot propaganda.

Just as equality of outcome, equal opportunity is also fake, for losers and is affirmative action in the end.

Those slopes who got tricked to come over to build the railroads did not need nor want equality of opportunity since they were able to create their own opportunity.  Forced equality of opportunity would just hinder and slow them down.

Look at the negroes and meskins.  Even when given all the equal opportunity there is, it doesn't change a thing since they are incapable of creating for themselves.

Equality of any kind is not preferred and is always a step backward. 

The only way to have ANY kind of equality whether under the law or not is for everyone to be reduced to the lowest common denominator.  In California where I come from it would mean we would all be equaly filthy, unhealthy, uneducated, poor and hopeless.

I reject equal opportunity.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2019 at 4:38am by yamcha »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Equality of Opportunity is NOT what America is about.
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 8:37am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 2:58am:
Just as equality of outcome, equal opportunity is also fake, for losers and is affirmative action in the end.

Absurd nonsense.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Equality of any kind is not preferred and is always a step backward.

I agree. The people without rights are not equal to the people with rights, nor should they be.

If I don't have rights, there might be others who don't, and if you question the rights of a particular group (like hummingbirds, for example) or a particular individual, the burden of proof is on the rights claimant to prove that those rights actually exist.

You're basically saying, prove black people have rights. I think they do, and my case would include their better objective fitness. In other words, they outcompete whites where their ranges overlap and have more offspring, making them objectively superior/fitter.

It's whites crying for the environment to be changed to favour them. The free market, unfortunately for them, does not.

Gandhi used a very ancient Indian version of NAP (Jainism) rather shrewdly for his political ends with the help of people who were not ready for it and in the process could not help violating its very purpose, which is to achieve peace and stability.

There's a good reason that I can live on Earth much more easily than a Human could live on my homeworld.

I do believe there's a natural progression and that your species has to be ready for the Non-Aggression Principle before it will do anything but damn those who follow it and advantage those who do not.

However, this doesn't excuse me from following the NAP, if it is, truly, right.

The opposite logic is more damning to progress. "Well, all those other ones clearly aren't ready for that, so let's not do it yet. Let's wait."

Then everybody's always waiting. That first step is never taken.

Slaves have to be freed and the NAP has to be followed, even if it's a bumpy road. The paradox of moral advancement is that of necessity, no one is pre-adapted to the new, superior morality yet, because it hasn't been around yet. So it is indeed true that principles must be adopted before people are quite ready for them.

Once you get the idea that you're doing something wrong, you must stop.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 10:21am
Print Post  
No, I am not saying that.  They have full equal rights but they by their nature, screw themselves out of equality without the need for others to do so.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2019 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 2nd, 2019 at 10:21am:
No, I am not saying that.  They have full equal rights but they by their nature, screw themselves out of equality without the need for others to do so.

Then you actually are for equality.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 12:45am
Print Post  
No, this is not just about muds and spics.  Equality of outcome is just as unnatural as equality of opportunity and the muds and spics are good examples of how equal opportunity doesn't work even when handed to them on a silver platter.

Did you not my example with the Chinks?  They made their own opportunities without even knowing about equality.  Equality is a made-up concept.  As is freedom.  The Chinese didn't have a word for freedom until about 100 years ago.  They created the word by combining two existing characters: 自 (self) and 由 (journey, wandering).  自由 was invented in China after the fall of its last dynasty and after the railroad Chinks arrived in America.

Must I teach you everything?  I swear to God your IQ is lower than mine.  No wonder why you are so stuck on Jainism and hentai.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 12:50am
Print Post  
delete

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 1:01am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 3rd, 2019 at 12:45am:
Did you not my example with the Chinks?  They made their own opportunities without even caring about equality.

You're describing equality of rights - the idea that everyone should be allowed to do what they did.

I don't think anyone on this forum is for equality of outcome - things like Affirmative Action.

Equality of opportunity is a bit of a weasel term without much true meaning. Opportunities will not be equal even if people have equal rights. Some people will prefer to hire whites over blacks or Asians over whites.

Leftists (and maybe libertarians) like to exploit you thinking equality of opportunity means equality of rights and then play a shell game where it actually means we've got to have Affirmative Action because people sometimes don't like to hire blacks.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 1:27am
Print Post  
JESUS!  I am saying that all equality of any is manmade bullshit and equal opportunity is not what America or anywhere else in the universe is about.

Equality in any form is not something you can have even if you want it, even if it is arbitrarily forced on you.

Oppo, why are you so stupid?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2019 at 7:27am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 3rd, 2019 at 12:45am:
Equality of outcome is just as unnatural as equality of opportunity...
Equality of opportunity is natural, but like all rights, it can be denied. That's what Jim Crow laws did, denied equal opportunities.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Equality of Opportunity is NOT what America is about.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy