Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jews say not OK and get a haircut!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jews say not OK and get a haircut! (Read 693 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Jews say not OK and get a haircut!
Reply #40 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 2:11pm:
The root of the problem (and your confusion) is that our government has no legitimate grant of authority to transfer wealth. The "aggression" that actually occurs is the unauthorized transfer of wealth by our governments.

When the government usurps such power, and uses it, it's only sensible to lobby for as much of it as you can get.

Were it not profitable to lobby, no one would do it.

Right, and that's what libertarians do: Constantly advocate that they should have more and more of other peoples' money.

It's not aggression, blame the candy machine that turns when you put money in.

Again, it's no surprise that if I advocate force, that's aggression, but if a big company does it, hey, they're innocent. Blame the government.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 9:18am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 9:37pm:
Right, and that's what libertarians do: Constantly advocate that they should have more and more of other peoples' money.

Give us example of someone you claim is a libertarian that is lobbying for welfare of any sort.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 9:37pm:
Again, it's no surprise that if I advocate force, that's aggression, but if a big company does it, hey, they're innocent. Blame the government.
I'm not surprised at all when you advocate force, but you are wrong about lobbying.

If money is available in the form of wealth transfers to certain businesses (but not all businesses), your business will be at a disadvantage if you don't try to get the subsidies made available by government, so you lobby for subsidies to your company.

Once people discovered that the government would hand out money to them if they lobbied for it, they started doing it.

And it's not just money. Businesses lobby for regulations that will help them and hurt their competition. The didn't lobby to create the regulatory state, but once it was created and regulating, they discovered that they could influence it in their favor, so they try to do that.

The root of it all is too much government power, which insures that there will be lots of corruption, and corruption in government is the cause of the need to lobby.

Maybe it all started when some businessman had a buddy who got elected to Congress and asked him (on the sly) if he would be able to help him out, in effect, asking his buddy in Congress to be corrupt on his behalf... But it would have died in the borning if the Congressman had said no, that would be wrong and would violate the trust placed in my by the people who elected me.

Maybe it started with a corrupt person being elected, who then went in search of profitable deals, where he would offer to help someone in exchange for campaign donations...

It doesn't matter. It's government power and corrupt officials who drive it all. Without those things, no lobbying would occur.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
So a business shouldn't have to accept a disadvantage: They should be allowed to buy aggression instead.

But I should have to accept a disadvantage. I shouldn't be allowed to vote for force against people who are already employing government force against me.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:00am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:48pm:
So a business shouldn't have to accept a disadvantage: They should be allowed to buy aggression instead.

It's competition. They are competing for favors that the government is offering.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:03am
Print Post  
But I should have to accept a disadvantage. I shouldn't be allowed to vote for force against people who are already employing government force against me.
You can vote for anyone the TwoParties allow on the ballot. Smiley Most all of them will believe in the frequent use of government force... If any libertarians appear on your ballot, vote for them. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Is hiring a hit man aggression? Why or why not?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 8:54am
Print Post  

If the government is handing out favors, shouldn't everyone have an equal chance to get one?

But of course everyone doesn't get an equal chance.

Big corporations are able to  spend lots of money lobbying, and their smaller competitors can't afford to spend as much, so, guess who gets the subsidies? (Unless of course you are politically connected, then you might get favors without even having to lobby.)

The problem is not normal human competitive behavior, it's a government with too much power, too much money, and not enough limits on how they can spend that money.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 8:58am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 10:13pm:
Is hiring a hit man aggression? Why or why not?
We've covered this question repeatedly. Haven't you yet learned enough to have your own opinion on this? What do you think?

If you can't remember what I told you about it previously, maybe you could search the internet...

Try asking "Is it legal to hire a hit man?"

Here, I did it for you. This was the first hit on the page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_killing

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I don't want to know if it's legal. I want to know if it's aggression to hire someone else to aggress for you.

Jeff wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 8:58am:
Haven't you yet learned enough to have your own opinion on this?

Yes, and my opinion was that buying aggression was not itself aggression. That was refuted, so I changed my opinion and accepted that buying aggression was itself aggression. Now that has been refuted, so I'm asking you.

Jeff wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 8:54am:
If the government is handing out favors, shouldn't everyone have an equal chance to get one?

So why is it aggression if I petition the government for favours?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jews say not OK and get a haircut!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy