Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Marshmallow Test: Part Dueax
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Marshmallow Test: Part Dueax (Read 880 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Marshmallow Test: Part Dueax
Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:43pm:
Speaking for myself, I don't see any sense in asking questions of stupid people. Kiss

If I'm really that stupid, why can't you answer my very basic questions about property rights simply and honestly?

I ask you a basic question about who owns what and you're immediately diverting and talking about how courts work.

You essentially say education is a right but I have had none (about property rights anyway) and you refuse to educate me when I have done nothing but try to learn.

You've told me to go read and I have read everything you asked me to. I have quoted directly from Nozick only for you to jeer at me and tell me I misinterpreted, but you won't say how. That's not something it's okay to do to a genuinely stupid person.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:49pm:
If I'm really that stupid, why can't you answer my very basic questions about property rights simply and honestly?

If you're stupid enough to think that my answers depend on your intelligence... Well, I really don't know what to say.

Anyway, almost all of your questions are bad. Blame your Mom before you think of blaming me. Thanks. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
I ask you a basic question about who owns what and you're immediately diverting and talking about how courts work.

And you're surprised?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
You essentially say education is a right...
No jerkwad, you lying sack of shit, I never said, or will say that education is a right.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:08pm:
Anyway, almost all of your questions are bad.

I tend to get this answer on any planet.

Then I ask why the question was bad.

And of course, that question is also bad.

You think education is a good idea? Educate me. I do not understand the basics of property rights. My questions are intended to help me understand them.

If they're bad questions, tell me why. Teach me how to ask the good questions. Or, if you want to save time, pretend I asked the good questions and answer those.

Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:11pm:
No jerkwad, you lying sack of shit, I never said, or will say that education is a right.

I never said you did. Read the post again.

You say education is a "good idea" but you mean that some must involuntarily give up what they would rather keep so that those without can have it.

You might label it good idea but it behaves exactly as a right. That's why I said that you essentially say education is a right.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
I tend to get this answer on any planet.

Well then, quit being surprised and figure out what's wrong with your questions. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote yesterday at 6:55pm:
Quote:
The immorality of cheating I would put in direct proportion to the rules cheated on.  The Dems are in full cry over the idea that Trump cheated on his taxes.  If he did, who did he cheat except those who sought - under the rules - to rob him at gunpoint?

The Opposition wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 7:33pm:
Do you really want to ask someone with my IQ that question? If you're even a little above average, you can see the answer yourself.

I guess I do not meet that standard, then.

I meant the question to be rhetorical in that it is obvious that Trump only cheated those who sought to rob him at gunpoint.

If you have a better answer, if you think he cheated someone else, I'm all ears.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:06am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote yesterday at 7:49pm:
Quote:
You essentially say education is a right...

Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:11pm:

I have to back you up on this.  You have said that education is "a good idea," but you've always denied that any individual has a right to an education.

I think what confuses a libertarian person is that you claim to believe in property rights, but you also believe that it is best for government to force people at gunpoint to surrender their property in order to pay for other people's education.  Thus, under you system of morality, "a good idea" trumps a right.

Right?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:28am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 6th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
You say education is a "good idea" but you mean that some must involuntarily give up what they would rather keep so that those without can have it.

You might label it good idea but it behaves exactly as a right. That's why I said that you essentially say education is a right.
Suddenly you understand rights?

What I have explicitly said (besides that I think certain forms of public education) are a good idea) is that education is a privilege that most civilized communities have decided to grant to all the children of the community, and have agreed, in democratic fashion, to fund with taxes laid on their property.

There is no right to an education. I've said that before too.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 5:59am:
I meant the question to be rhetorical in that it is obvious that Trump only cheated those who sought to rob him at gunpoint.
How about the investors who put money in Trump, Inc. when he went public, and then lost 90% of their investments?

I think it's almost certain that Trump cheated people in business deals all along.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Marshmallow Test: Part Dueax
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy