Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump to Fulfill Promise to Bring Troops Home. Twoparties Panic
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump to Fulfill Promise to Bring Troops Home. Twoparties Panic (Read 124 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Trump to Fulfill Promise to Bring Troops Home. Twoparties Panic
Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
President Trump vigorously defended on Monday his decision to withdraw United States troops from northern Syria ahead of a planned invasion of the region by Turkey, even as his Republican allies in both the Senate and House vehemently criticized the move.

In his first public comments since news broke early Monday of the troop withdrawal, Trump said he understood the concerns raised by his fellow Republicans, but added that it was time to fulfill his campaign promise to bring the troops home.

“We want to bring our troops back home and I got elected on that,” Trump said during a news conference Monday. “I fully understand both sides but I promised to bring our troops home.”

He added, “We're not a police force.”

Foxnews.com

The Kurds are no better than any other group in the middle east and we certainly do not owe them one more drop of American blood nor one more penny of American treasure.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump to Fulfill Promise to Bring Troops Home. Twoparties Panic
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
The Kurds are no better than any other group in the middle east and we certainly do not owe them one more drop of American blood nor one more penny of American treasure.
You know some Kurds do you? Do they live in Iraq, Iran, Syria or Turkey?

Are you saying Turkey is already engaged in genocide, and no one in the world cares?

Edit: Probably if they didn't live on top of so much oil, nobody would bother them at all...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:44pm:

You know some Kurds do you? Do they live in Iraq, Iran, Syria or Turkey?
What a dick question.

Are you saying Turkey is already engaged in genocide, and no one in the world cares?
Read what he says Draft Dodger Gramps.  Trump is bringing the troops home and we are not the police of the world.

Edit: Probably if they didn't live on top of so much oil, nobody would bother them at all...
I wonder why the price of gas keeps on going up ever after we have taken all the oil.  You are a democrat and a progressive.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
It turns out Trump isn't planning to actually remove any troops from Syria:

https://reason.com/2019/10/07/wtf-lindsey-graham-says-trump-is-repeating-mistake...

From the article:

"The New York Times reports that the U.S. will be pulling back about 150 military personnel from northern Syria, but not out of the country entirely. (The State Department has claimed the number being withdrawn is substantially lower—fewer than 26.)"

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 9:43am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 10:10pm:
I wonder why the price of gas keeps on going up ever after we have taken all the oil.
Iran hijacking oil tankers? Increasing demand from China, and India, and Indonesia? Inflation? Instability and increasing threats of war in the Middle East? I'm sure there are more...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump to Fulfill Promise to Bring Troops Home. Twoparties Panic
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy