Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › No libertarians agree on what is libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) No libertarians agree on what is libertarian (Read 1456 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: No libertarians agree on what is libertarian
Reply #220 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:54am
Print Post  
This isn't libertarian at all:

https://acting-man.com/?p=54920

From the article:

"Predictably, without the restraint of gold, the quantity of debt based money has increased seemingly without limits – and it is everyone’s massive problem.  What’s more, over the past 30 years the Federal Reserve has obliged Washington with cheaper and cheaper credit.

Hence, public, private, and corporate debt levels in the U.S. have multiplied beyond comprehension.  Total US debt is now on the order of $74 trillion.  The consequences, no doubt, are an economy that is equally distorted and disfigured beyond comprehension."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #221 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:54am:
"The consequences, no doubt, are an economy that is equally distorted and disfigured beyond comprehension."

The consequences of unlimited government printing is runaway inflation.

It happened to Zimbabwe and Venezuela where it took a wheelbarrow full of Reserve Notes just to buy a can of beans.

They had 50 Trillion and 100 Trillion-dollar notes!!    Grin

We shouldn't laugh.  It could happen in the US.   Government is becoming more powerful each day.

No oversight on gov't borrowing and printing is a recipe for disaster.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #222 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:22am:
I want to leave the bigots free of government interference.

Were bigots not allowed to express their bigotry, how would we know they were bigots? (Edit: Some people, if yamcha's vile bigotry was silenced, might mistake him for a libertarian. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)

Where in the libertarian rule books does it say that a libertarian cannot be a racist?  And why do you want them to have to expose themselves?  So you can have them round up?

Where in the libertarian rule books does is say that libertarians have to be your style libertarian?  Maybe you should write the book.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #223 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:53pm:
Where in the libertarian rule books does it say that a libertarian cannot be a racist?

Sometimes I wish I didn't have the memory I do. It's not eidetic but I remember basically everything I read.

Unfortunately, in this case, the facts support Jeff.

https://www.lp.org/platform
Quote:
3.5 Rights and Discrimination

Libertarians embrace the concept that all people are born with certain inherent rights. We reject the idea that a natural right can ever impose an obligation upon others to fulfill that “right.” We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should neither deny nor abridge any individual’s human right based upon sex, wealth, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference, or sexual orientation. Members of private organizations retain their rights to set whatever standards of association they deem appropriate, and individuals are free to respond with ostracism, boycotts, and other free market solutions.

I only wish that committing the entire platform to memory and embracing it would make me a libertarian.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #224 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Prejudice, racism, and bigotry are not the same thing.  In the free market, most of the players do not like each other at all.  They cooperate for the profit.

It has nothing to do with libertarianism. 

Also, how can I be a bigot towards animals?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #225 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Prejudice, racism, and bigotry are not the same thing.  In the free market, most of the players do not like each other at all.  They cooperate for the profit.

It has nothing to do with libertarianism.

Well, it's right there in black and white. The Libertarian Party condemns bigotry as irrational and repugnant. (Instead of, you know, letting the marketplace of ideas decide...)

yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Also, how can I be a bigot towards animals?

I'm very much a bigot towards animals. I have a great respect for cats but I'm really not a dog person and I tend to see dogs as shitlogs on four legs.

Indy's black Labrador is a rare exception. He's very much a beg-dog, but he's otherwise amazingly well-behaved and obedient. He actually wants to please people, and you can't fool a telepath about this. If I didn't feel it with my own brain, I wouldn't believe it. In my experience, most dogs want to either assert dominance or sneakily get away with all manner of shit.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #226 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
OK, then you can't be a libertarian until you stop being a bigot against dogs. So take care of your bigotry before you ask any other questions.  Take care of this known issue first before proceeding.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #227 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:27pm:
OK, then you can't be a libertarian until you stop being a bigot against dogs. So take care of your bigotry before you ask any other questions.  Take care of this known issue first before proceeding.

I do try, but it's difficult because I keep meeting nasty dogs.

I'm going to stop trying to find logic in it and just brainwash myself. All animals are equal, no matter how they behave, and some are more equal than others.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #228 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:34pm:
I do try, but it's difficult because I keep meeting nasty dogs.

I'm going to stop trying to find logic in it and just brainwash myself. All animals are equal, no matter how they behave, and some are more equal than others.

Equally in what way? Equally tasty?  I have eaten both dog and cat and cat taste better.  They are both good though.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #229 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 9:46pm:
Equally in what way? Equally tasty?  I have eaten both dog and cat and cat taste better.  They are both good though.

I would try dog easily. I'm the only one I know who really likes sheep meat, though my mate has gotten a taste for it.

I think sheep is the tastiest meat on the planet, and I'm surprised more people don't eat it routinely like they do beef and chicken.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › No libertarians agree on what is libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy