Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › My Top Three Questions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My Top Three Questions (Read 1229 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: My Top Three Questions
Reply #180 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 10:37pm:
I was talking about the universal no I got to my question 3.

Now they claim there would be laws...? That there would be a standard for determining which acts are aggression...? Honestly I'm not sure what they're claiming.

So I'm back to square one with question 3 at least.

OK dude, I am not very smart about this libertarian rights shit but let's take the focus off what they have answered for now and look at it from another angle.

How might you fix errors you have chosen?

Not theory -- that is already overcomplicating the natural.
Not rituals -- those are for making time, not untying knots.
Not excuses -- counter-examples demonstrate attainability and its prerequisites.
Not pithy sayings -- words numb to manipulate people into agreeing without action.

Complicated schemes are evasion trying to convince of impossibility, inventing constraints that aren't there. Doctrine constructs another crooked religion.

Let's say you have deviated from health. How to return?
1. Cease your deviation (performing the non-essential)
2. Return to the model (attaining your essentiality)

Your absences are several, and you are likely too dishonest and ignorant to see them. Nevertheless, means of self-awareness must be devised, for you are unlikely to randomly encounter gifts such as honest feedback.

Your excesses are several, and you have grown accustomed to them as a comfortable habit and how they cut you off from much. You deem them normal, even optimal, unable to imagine a beyond from your practiced obstructions. From habit, fear, greed , etc, you do not wish to discard dead weights.

Will you be stalled by indecision? How could you be other than you are?

Without thinking: Everything is already what it is and needs no explanation. Now you try to think up a way of explaining that it is not itself, and has unusual invisible properties and relations you can somehow see. What kind of clever fools think this way? Social expositions tell amusing stories purporting insight; never results.

The answer is right there if you could only look away from yourself and see undistorted simplicity.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #181 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:01pm:
Your absences are several, and you are likely too dishonest and ignorant to see them.

Actually, if you explain to me clearly what I'm doing wrong, I will try my best to correct myself.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #182 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
You aren't doing anything wrong besides asking the same people the same shit that gets you the same square one.

Ok, let's look at it from a different angle again.

Libertarians always evade and avoid answering some questions because they INSIST on knowing the answer to everything.  the idea of saying "I don't know" is very upsetting to them.

Have you ever heard of anyone here saying that they don't know something?  Seems like they have to have an answer even when there is no answer or only one possible answer. 

So how about that?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #183 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:44pm:
You aren't doing anything wrong besides asking the same people the same shit that gets you the same square one.

Ok, let's look at it from a different angle again.

Libertarians always evade and avoid answering some questions because they INSIST on knowing the answer to everything.  the idea of saying "I don't know" is very upsetting to them.

Have you ever heard of anyone here saying that they don't know something?  Seems like they have to have an answer even when there is no answer or only one possible answer. 

So how about that?

I think this... is what you believe I think about them.

I don't. I do see them like that... but only when I give in to emotion. I need to not do that. I need to actually try to learn.

I know that when I do see the picture you're painting, it's only because I resent their greater understanding.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #184 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 12:00am
Print Post  
How about another angle?

What are the results of their greater understanding?  What tangible results do they have in life that show you anything new or different?

If they show you the results then you can retrace the steps back to the source or perhaps even do some reverse engineering.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #185 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 12:07am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 12:00am:
How about another angle?What are the results of their greater understanding?  What tangible results do they have in life that show you anything new or different?

Morality. Respect. Confidence that they are right. Leftists have the same thing but I really don't like Leftists.

If they show you the results then you can retrace the steps back to the source or perhaps even do some reverse engineering.

I've had the same thought. I tend not to be able to reverse engineer anything libertarian. I tend to try disassembling their views and I'm often left with only the vile dust of my own biases.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #186 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:29am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:01pm:
OK dude, I am not very smart about this libertarian rights shit...
Reading this short article might help you to understand, at least in part:

https://reason.com/2019/11/03/what-is-a-well-regulated-militia-anyway/?utm_mediu...

A qoute:

"When the Second Amendment was written, the idea that Americans had an individual right (and in some cases an obligation) to possess arms for defense of both themselves and the state was widely understood. It had roots in the rights won by the Glorious Revolution of 1688—rights that the American Revolution was dedicated to preserving."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #187 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:36am
Print Post  
How about another angle?

What are the results of their greater understanding?  What tangible results do they have in life that show you anything new or different?

If the "greater understanding" you mention is actually made real through a well designed government, enforcing policies based on libertarian "understanding", the empirical results are quite clear.

An important part of libertarian "understanding", and where libertarians and "progressives" differ diametrically, is that libertarians understand that results matter, while "progressives" believe that only good intentions matter.

Libertarians understand that "better" is a goal, where "progressives" will settle for nothing less than the ideal, even if trying to accomplish the ideal kills hundreds of millions... (Of course many "progressives" think it would be "ideal" to start off by killing a few billion...)

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #188 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:42am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 10:08pm:
That's different than what you wrote on page 1. My question three was basically whether there would be laws, or whether each act would be judged individually.

"Everything not illegal is legal" is one of those hyperbolic extremes you keep chiding me for, isn't it? I mean, of course there are edge cases and if somebody does something libertarians think is bad, of course he should be punished.

This was literally the question I asked.

By the way Yamcha: There is is.

You mean because I said "anything not illegal is legal in an absolute, Opposition sense of the word absolute?"

Bull shit, I just said "anything not illegal is legal" as a rule of thumb.  Nowhere did I say it was an absolute sort of thing.  You pulled that out of your ass.  Nothing I say is "absolute" unless I say it is, and I don't remember saying that ever on the board

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #189 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:44am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:07pm:
Actually, if you explain to me clearly what I'm doing wrong, I will try my best to correct myself.

You'll

1) Ignore it
2) Misread it
3) Take it to hyperbole (see my last post)
4) Whine, bitch and moan about it
5) ODD bicker it
6) If Jeff said it, you'll say "libertarians" said it

Nowhere on the list of possibilities is there that you will process it for what he said

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › My Top Three Questions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy