Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights (Read 373 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-woman-fake-doctors-notes
Quote:
Some high school students in Louisiana were apparently able to get out of school because of a medical clinic employee who allegedly wrote them phony doctor's notes — for $20 each.

Belina Fondren, 52, is accused of selling fake medical excuses to two students at Evans High School, officials said. She allegedly sold the doctor's notes to two different students on 14 occasions.

. . .

Fondren worked in a clerical position at the clinic. She was arrested Oct. 23 and was charged with filing or maintaining false public records, the sheriff's office said.

I am so glad that the state of Louisiana has enough excess funds to spend money on this kind of crime.  All the murderers and rapists must be safely locked up.

Thank Gawd, they are protecting our right to . . . um . . . our right of . . .

What right is this again?

Jeff?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 10:53am
Print Post  
If students who don't want to learn have $20/day to get out of school, I would say the free market is treating the uneducated fine and they don't need me paying for them to go to school so they can pay more not to go to school.

(Note: I'm kidding. I understand why a basic education is necessary.)

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 9:54am:

I am so glad that the state of Louisiana has enough excess funds to spend money on this kind of crime.  All the murderers and rapists must be safely locked up.

Jeff?

You have the right to remain silent. The right to a court-appointed attorney. You have the right to sing the blues. You have the right to cable TV. You have the right to sublet. You have the right to paint the walls. No loud colors

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  

Jeff?

"filing or maintaining false public records" is what they charged her with, and I'd say that's what she did. I can see why "filing or maintaining false public records" should be a crime, especially when public officials do it for personal gain.

No doubt there are worse instances of the violation of that particular law in Louisiana, but she got caught... You think they should let her go?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 1:01pm
Print Post  

Jeff?

I agree with you that it's hard to get my dander up over government schools when the government schools themselves are such an affront to our liberty.  They are funded through redistribution of wealth by force to compel children to go to government indoctrination camps

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 1:01pm:
I agree with you that it's hard to get my dander up over government schools when the government schools themselves are such an affront to our liberty.  They are funded through redistribution of wealth by force to compel children to go to government indoctrination camps
You forgot to mention that they are force fed junk food and psychoactive drugs. Angry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 12:34pm:
"filing or maintaining false public records" is what they charged her with, and I'd say that's what she did. I can see why "filing or maintaining false public records" should be a crime, especially when public officials do it for personal gain.

No doubt there are worse instances of the violation of that particular law in Louisiana, but she got caught... You think they should let her go?

As always, I look at cost effectiveness.  How much are you willing to spend (pretend it is your money) to deter fake doctor's excuse writing? 

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 4:24pm:
You forgot to mention that they are force-fed junk food and psychoactive drugs. Angry

You forgot to mention that even before your kid is allowed into public school, you must provide records that they have had all their 50 vaccinations.

I don't know whether child vaccinations cause autism (I think they do) but I don't think they should be forced on parents.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:48am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
I don't know whether child vaccinations cause autism (I think they do) but I don't think they should be forced on parents.
All the evidence says they don't.

Which childhood diseases would you like to see make a comeback?

Some already are...

https://www.health.com/childhood-vaccines/5-old-diseases-that-are-making-a-comeb...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:48am:
All the evidence says they don't.

Which childhood diseases would you like to see make a comeback?

Some already are...

https://www.health.com/childhood-vaccines/5-old-diseases-that-are-making-a-comeb...

Are you arguing in favor of mandatory vaccination?

Will you be telling us anytime soon, whose rights the state of Louisiana is protecting by arresting the fake doctor's note lady?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy