Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights (Read 371 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Reply #50 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 3:08pm:
That is what I just said IDK if they cause autism or not whatever the risk is this is all cause a few people want everyone elses kid vaccinated so theirs don't get sick but they want no risk of whatever the vaccine gives either.

So I say let em pick their school open up one in each place for the no vaccine people cost to taxpayer will be one empty building cause no one will send their kid there to get sick they just want it all everyone else take the risk of shot so their kid stays healthy.

Exactly.  It’s “I rule, you my fool” mentality of the tax-and-spenders.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm:

I heard something like that before... but I think it only applied to the "elite" tax-and-spenders, not the every day garden variety that often need help to live.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 6:30am
Print Post  
The people of Texas speak out_

https://reason.com/2019/11/06/texas-voters-ban-state-income-taxes-again/?utm_cam...

"Some 76 percent of Texas voters approved a constitutional amendment that prohibits the state from imposing any income tax."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #53 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm:

So I'm curious, Don.  You only started saying this stuff because you decided being Super Libertarian Man! was the way to troll a libertarian message board.  Just bash anyone who advocates any government at all.  Easy Peasy.  Just your speed.

But is any of it rubbing off on you?  Do you write something like that and ever ask you that maybe there's a kernel of truth in the lines you are only saying to troll us?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
I heard something like that before... but I think it only applied to the "elite" tax-and-spenders, not the every day garden variety that often need help to live.

People such as that usually say, “It ain’t enough,” “it don’t go to far,” etc.

But the attitude is the same:  you owe me, so pay up, sucker!

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:08am:
People such as that usually say, “It ain’t enough,” “it don’t go to far,” etc.

But the attitude is the same:  you owe me, so pay up, sucker!

I don't think the people you're talking about now believe that they rule...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:25am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 7:13am:
So I'm curious, Don.  You only started saying this stuff because you decided being Super Libertarian Man! was the way to troll a libertarian message board.  Just bash anyone who advocates any government at all.  Easy Peasy.  Just your speed.

You are embarrassed at losing so many arguments so you tell yourself that it doesn’t matter because I’m just trolling.  I don’t mind that at all, but I will say that if what you say about me not believing my own arguments is true, don’t you just reinforce the trolling by debating me at all?

Quote:
But is any of it rubbing off on you?  Do you write something like that and ever ask you that maybe there's a kernel of truth in the lines you are only saying to troll us?

I used to wonder the same about Steven Colbert.  He asked Alicia Keys, “What is the element of freedom?  Is it gold?”  That shows an actual understanding of real conservative/libertarian thought.  Most satire conservatives is based on the media’s presentation of them, so it is essentially parody of satire.  But now that he is “playing himself” instead of being a parody conservative, he’s still liberal enough that the dems called him as a witness to entertain them.

There is no answer to your question since its premise is false, but it was an interesting way to start a conversation.

Thanks!

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:10am:
I don't think the people you're talking about now believe that they rule...

I don’t mean “rule” in the sense that they are in charge of government.  I mean “rule” in the sense of being awesome.

But you may be right if that is what you meant also.  I’m sure living off of other people’s sweat produces low self-esteem. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:29am:
I don’t mean “rule” in the sense that they are in charge of government.  I mean “rule” in the sense of being awesome.

I don't think "awesome" applies to any of them, most especially not to the self proclaimed "elites".

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #59 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 9:25am:
You are embarrassed at losing so many arguments so you tell yourself that it doesn’t matter because I’m just trolling. 

You always know when someone KNOWS they are losing when they feel the need to start crowing they are winning, don't you, Don?

I don’t mind that at all, but I will say that if what you say about me not believing my own arguments is true, don’t you just reinforce the trolling by debating me at all?

No.  I debate you when you're serious, I banter with you when you're not.  The split is your choice.  But no, bantering with you when you're not genuine doesn't reinforce anything.  You want me to ignore you as you just admitted in the last answer.  Why would I reward you for trolling?  THAT would be reinforcing trolling

I used to wonder the same about Steven Colbert.  He asked Alicia Keys, “What is the element of freedom?  Is it gold?”  That shows an actual understanding of real conservative/libertarian thought.  Most satire conservatives is based on the media’s presentation of them, so it is essentially parody of satire.  But now that he is “playing himself” instead of being a parody conservative, he’s still liberal enough that the dems called him as a witness to entertain them.

There is no answer to your question since its premise is false, but it was an interesting way to start a conversation.

Thanks!

I don't really get the story, but one of the best Republicans I've seen was Alan Alda in the West Wing.  Of course Alda is way left like you are, Don.  But he played a fantastic Republican.  He was asked about that in an interview, how he was so effective in the part when that wasn't his politics.  He said he's an actor, that was the roll

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government of Louisiana Protect our Rights
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy