Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Priviliges and Immunities
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Priviliges and Immunities (Read 464 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Priviliges and Immunities
Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 5:48pm:
Seriously, Jeff, so now you're not for State rights either?

I support States' Rights very strongly. Massachusetts was once known as Taxachusetts, but they had to lower their taxation rates because people fled them.

Thus, States' Rights worked against poor conditions for the people who lived in them.

People can whine and cry about how barbaric a state is that castrates its paedophiles, but good people will flood in, and paedophiles will flee.

Politics is not immune to the scientific method... If people would only utilise it to find out which policies work, and which ones don't. I can think of no better way to accomplish that than States' Rights.

kaz wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:28pm:
My question is to Opposition.  Why am I mocking you for saying that what Jeff tells you is what "libertarians" think? 

Because he's inconsistent and often seems to be in a fugue?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:28am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:57pm:
I support States' Rights very strongly. Massachusetts was once known as Taxachusetts, but they had to lower their taxation rates because people fled them.

Thus, States' Rights worked against poor conditions for the people who lived in them.

People can whine and cry about how barbaric a state is that castrates its paedophiles, but good people will flood in, and paedophiles will flee.

Politics is not immune to the scientific method... If people would only utilise it to find out which policies work, and which ones don't. I can think of no better way to accomplish that than States' Rights.

Because he's inconsistent and often seems to be in a fugue?

Yes.  With Jeff, you can say anything you want about "libertarians" because he takes every position on every issue at one time or another.

He's also an idiot and says things like it's a violation of the Constitution that NC laws aren't applicable in other States.  That's why you just take what Jeff says and say "libertarians" say that to support your contrived points

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:31am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Madison, Monroe, Hamilton, Adams, Franklin, Washington, Jefferson, ...  Any of those names familiar to you?
Sure, I've heard the names, but the idea that they agree with you that citizen's rights may be constrained and denied in different ways depending on what state they happen to be in at the moment is not something I can accept.

Those men were, after all, deeply involved in creating this statement of equal rights:

"the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:33am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 7:28pm:
NC having laws for NC is "absurd and dangerous." 
NC enacting laws that deny people in NC the privileges and immunities afforded to people of/in other states is unconstitutional by my reading.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:37am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 8:57pm:

You are talking about taxation, and punishment for crimes against persons, not privileges and immunities, although everyone is supposed to be immune from cruel and unusual punishments.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:39am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:28am:
He's also an idiot and says things like it's a violation of the Constitution that NC laws aren't applicable in other States.
Attack the messenger? Then lie about what he said?

I suppose you think those are good debating tactics...

Edit: I also support the next part of Article IV, Sect. 2:

"A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:31am:
Sure, I've heard the names, but the idea that they agree with you that citizen's rights may be constrained and denied in different ways depending on what state they happen to be in at the moment is not something I can accept.

Those men were, after all, deeply involved in creating this statement of equal rights:

"the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states."

Gotcha.  The Founding Fathers thought that North Carolina laws were applicable in New York.  You have a mind like a wet paper bag

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:44am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:43am:
Gotcha.  The Founding Fathers thought that North Carolina laws were applicable in New York.  You have a mind like a wet paper bag
My edit, from above:

"Edit: I also support the next part of Article IV, Sect. 2:

"A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:39am:
Attack the messenger? Then lie about what he said?

I did?  Um ... I didn't ...

Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
Does not Article IV, Section 2 of the Constitution guarantee that any privileges I have in my state, must be guaranteed to my Cousin, in her state?

No, it doesn't say that.  It says your cousin must have any NC privileges when she's in NC.  NC can't pass different laws for it's citizens and out of State residents.  I just quoted you, that won't take of course, you're a dumb ass

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:33am:
NC enacting laws that deny people in NC the privileges and immunities afforded to people of/in other states is unconstitutional by my reading.

That's because you can't

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Priviliges and Immunities
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy