Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Priviliges and Immunities
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Priviliges and Immunities (Read 462 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Priviliges and Immunities
Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:44am:
My edit, from above:

"Edit: I also support the next part of Article IV, Sect. 2:

"A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime."

That has nothing to do with anything.  If you can't dazzle them with your wit, baffle them with your bull shit, huh, Jeff?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Should incest between parent and child be legal if both parties have consented and the child is of legal age?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:30am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:46am:
I did?  Um ... I didn't ...

No, it doesn't say that.
Yes, you did. You distorted what I said just enough to make it mean something I didn't say.

What do you think the privileges and immunities clause does mean?

Here it is again:

"the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states."

I think, in your previous explanation, you forgot the part about "...of citizens in the several states."

Please try again. Thanks.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:32am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:48am:
That has nothing to do with anything.  If you can't dazzle them with your wit, baffle them with your bull shit, huh, Jeff?
It answers your claim that I think NC laws are void if you cross over into SC as a violator trying to escape them.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #24 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:32am:
It answers your claim that I think NC laws are void if you cross over into SC as a violator trying to escape them.

I never claimed that.  You pulled it out of your ass.  It has nothing to do with the discussion

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:37am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:50am:
Should incest between parent and child be legal if both parties have consented and the child is of legal age?

In America? Now? No.

The idea that "the child consented" goes against the common, and I believe correct, idea that children aren't capable of giving consent to things they are incapable of understanding.

Your statement "if the child is of legal age" boggles my mind. A child of "legal age" is an adult.

Anyway, your question is off topic. Start another thread to talk about it if you want to.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:38am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:36am:
I never claimed that.  I didn't say anything about that in any way.  You pulled it out of your ass
So you won't explain why you think my understanding of the privileges and immunities clause is wrong, and tell us what you think it really means?

Give it a try at least...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #27 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:38am:
So you won't explain why you think my understanding of the privileges and immunities clause is wrong, and tell us what you think it really means?

Give it a try at least...

Who is "us?"  You and the voices in your head?  Or do you think now you're the queen of England?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:37am:
You are talking about taxation, and punishment for crimes against persons, not privileges and immunities, although everyone is supposed to be immune from cruel and unusual punishments.

They are immune from cruel and unusual punishment. Nobody's forcing them to live in Alabama.

If you're really interested in coddling pedos, have the law contain an immunity clause for people who lived there before the law was enacted. Then there's absolutely no way you can pin it on anybody but them if they get castrated.

Having gambling legal in just Nevada really is the perfect solution for everyone. If you want to go gamble, go gamble. And if you don't want to deal with the results of gambling addiction (which is often theft) don't live in Nevada.

It's also perfectly reasonable that if I want a big cat, I should go live in Nevada too (big cats are legal in Nevada, no questions asked). The Gamblos can deal with the slight risk I impose on them and I can deal with the risk they impose on me.

kaz wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 7:28am:
Yes.  With Jeff, you can say anything you want about "libertarians" because he takes every position on every issue at one time or another.

He's also an idiot and says things like it's a violation of the Constitution that NC laws aren't applicable in other States.  That's why you just take what Jeff says and say "libertarians" say that to support your contrived points

Inconsistency doesn't mean someone isn't a libertarian if libertarians believe in the right to lie about the most basic rules.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 8:37am:
In America? Now? No.

The idea that "the child consented" goes against the common, and I believe correct, idea that children aren't capable of giving consent to things they are incapable of understanding.

Your statement "if the child is of legal age" boggles my mind. A child of "legal age" is an adult.

Yamcha must be supported on this one.  A relationship between mother and son can be had with no aggression involved if both are adults. 

Even if they were forty-two years old and sixty-one years old the phrase "parent and child" might be used, especially by people from the south.  "My adult kids" or "my adult children" are often referenced when I speak of them.

It seems that some snarkiness was intended in your reply Jeff.  Yamcha should be apologized to.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Priviliges and Immunities
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy