Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations (Read 1408 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Reply #150 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 3:48pm:
BTW, training managers is not a management position, it's teaching

Doing training courses is.  Obviously you don't know what management consultants are and as for your not knowing that managers report to higher management, your not knowing that doesn't surprise me at all

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #151 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 3:48pm:
First you berate me because you say I bullied everyone by threatening to fire them, now you say I was trying to hard to be nice. Cheesy

I already answered this several times.  I told you front line management is driven by processes, it's neither about being nice nor not nice. 

- Though demotivating your employees by constantly threatening to fire them like you said you do undercuts you

- I said the problem with being "nice" is that you need to be specific.  Just being nice is nothing.  It's about reinforcing good behaviors.

Just a few from your list and ones I'd already answered several times, which is why I won't waste my time answering a bunch of other questions you won't absorb either

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #152 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 4:54pm:
I told you front line management is driven by processes...
You were a robot, simply passing on orders? That's not management.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #153 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
- Though demotivating your employees by constantly threatening to fire them like you said you do undercuts you

I did that once, not "constantly", and I only fired one man, and that on the spur of the moment, although I did give him an extra half day to start doing his job...

Anyone working in a non unionized business knows they can be fired if management isn't happy with their performance. You don't have to tell them in most instances, usually never.

Some need to be reminded periodically, most never hear such talk from management, they hear praise and thanks.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #154 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
It's about reinforcing good behaviors.

I told you, that's what I was doing. I tried to reinforce good behavior from my superiors too, with somewhat less success...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #155 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Just a few from your list and ones I'd already answered several times, which is why I won't waste my time answering a bunch of other questions you won't absorb either
I understand you all too well.

You don't believe I ever had a job, then you spend considerable time to try to make it seem like I never worked as a manager, which is absurd if I never had a job at all. Cheesy

It's a conundrum of your own devising. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #156 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 7:29am:
That's a quite different situation I think.

What were you doing? Scamming people out of money by calling them on the phone? How did you go about sabotaging someone else's stats?

Please describe how "leaderboards" would apply to a team effort?

How would a "sales leader of the month" change her behavior so that others could start selling more too?

Take time off from selling to become a trainer?

That's a management job, training people to do better at their jobs. Would you compensate your star salesperson for her loss in income due to her spending time training rather than selling?

Your answer is no, you don't know what leaderboards are. They're not just for sales positions. They can be used in almost any industry.

You have probably never worked a day in your life, and you've certainly never been a manager. Your accounts of having worked have more red flags than communism.

Toxic culture just goes away when the boss says, hey, stop being toxic? Yeah, sure, real life is D&D and you put all your points into charisma and persuade and you just did it because you were that %$#&ing awesome.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This cannot be used against you if you actually have an argument. That would be a fallacy. But if your entire argument is that the other person is an idiot because you know what the working world is like...

Yeah... no.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #157 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:18am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:10pm:
Your answer is no, you don't know what leaderboards are.
I do, although I never had a job where they were useful, or worked for a company that used them.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #158 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:25am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 10:10pm:
Toxic culture just goes away when the boss says, hey, stop being toxic?
In the example I mentioned, I was the boss of the subcontractors, they were the bosses of their employees, and they no doubt spoke seriously to their employees about what they had done, and the behavior stopped.

The fact that I started scheduling plumbers and heating men to be on the job at the same time had good effects. They were forced to work together, and forced to work out their differences both by working together and getting to know each other, and no doubt by their bosses recommendations that they not cause me similar problems in the future.

If you want to know the proximate cause of the difficulties, the plumbers chopped a hole in a heating duct, apparently with a hatchet, and ran a water line through the duct.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #159 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:25am:
The fact that I started scheduling plumbers and heating men to be on the job at the same time had good effects. They were forced to work together ...

Once again a statement by someone who's never been remotely in management.  You don't get them to work together that way.  You design a process of how they work together.  Putting them on the job site at the same time would accomplish nothing if you stop there.

For example, you have something along the lines of the following.  This is documented in a form.

1) Guy one is responsible for A, B, C, D and E.  He initials each one that is complete.

2) When guy two comes in, he is responsible for F, G and H.  He verifies that the job is ready for him to take over and:

- If everything is not ready, the second guy indicates what is not done and sends it back to the first guy.  This incentivizes the first guy to do the job better next time because it's screwing up his schedule he didn't do it right the first time and it's evident to his supervisor since he has to go back and fix what he did

- If the job is ready for him, the second guy accepts the form and begins work on his tasks.  Note if he accepts the job and starts it, HE is now responsible.  He can't start the work then blame the first guy for not finishing his, it was HIS responsibility to send it back, it's now on him

Just putting two guys together and telling them to work together says you don't remotely know what the hell you're talking about.  I'm a Six Sigma Blackbelt, though I doubt you have a clue what that means.

Employees like this because it removes opinion and ambiguity from the process and once they get used to it, it greatly reduced defects and wasted time

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy