Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations (Read 1579 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Reply #170 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Here's one... Working hard in hot and humid conditions, my t-shirt and jeans, and socks and shoes, soaked with sweat, when a forklift slams open the large swinging doors next to my work station, and lets in a huge blast of -20 degree (F) air that rolls across me like a vengeful God!

I remember thinking at the time, I hope this doesn't give me pneumonia...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #171 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I got called into the office once in the mill. "We know what you're doing" was the introductory statement from the manager...

Since I knew what I  was doing too, and it followed their rules, I said nothing...

What I was doing was managing to work four days a week and getting paid for five, because I always managed to work Sunday, which paid double time. Smiley Smiley Smiley

After a time of quiet the manager said "They say you're a good worker... why not work five days and get paid for six?"

I promised to see if I could make that work for me... but it didn't, so I never worked five days in one week, but I always got five days pay. Grin Grin Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #172 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
I remember my first shift as a spare worker in the paper mill. I punched in in time for the midnight shift, and they gave me a job, with three other spare workers, that involved emptying all the wet logs out of a broken barking drum so that it could be repaired.

Imagine this fully assembled, and full of wet 4' logs of random diameters and various states of being de-barked.

I knew it would be a challenge when they gave us all shoe guards, and shin guards, and hard hats and pickaroons.

Put this basic description with the picture if you don't get "barking drum"-

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/barking%20drum

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #173 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I remember my first day as a manager too. I went around and talked to all the subs, basically telling them that I took the job hoping I could do it, and figured they could help me do it well by telling me things they'd like to see work better, or to never happen again...

It was a good way to start off, and paid off well in not much time at all. I quickly and easily discovered all the weak points in the organization, which wasn't really very organized when I took it on. (One of the biggest weak points was the man who had been running the production department- the owner- but he was now out of the picture. Mostly... From time to time, he would pop in and interfere with my planning, often without telling me. Angry Angry Angry)

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #174 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Like I said, more red flags than communism. What did you do for this last one? Use a friend's work history as your own?

I did have you pegged for a Destroyer of Forests, though.

The Opposition wrote on Jan 20th, 2019 at 9:01pm:
Jeff wrote on Jan 20th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
For any group or individual, they must be treated the same.

If an individual attacks, you have to treat it as an individual.

If a group attacks, you can behead them all.

If a group of Vulcans attacks you, you can behead them all.

If a single atheist attacks you, you can behead it. The important point is the attack on your life, not the ideology or religion of the attacker.

Even if you area Muslim, you have the right of self defense and can use it against individuals or groups, whoever happens to be attacking you.

But not if you're an Englishman under siege by Muslims.

I don't want you coming to my house, knocking down my door to behead me because other Vulcans attacked you. I hope you can see how ridiculous what you're suggesting is.

Yet this is what you want for Muslims. Some Pagans attack them, so they can then behead all Pagans according to you. Well, what about if some Muslims attack Englishmen? You have a clear double standard.

The people who came after you weren't even Vulcans. They were Elves. Stop murdering the forest and maybe they'll leave you alone.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #175 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 7:04am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:41pm:
Like I said, more red flags than communism. What did you do for this last one? Use a friend's work history as your own?

I keep telling you, not everyone is like you.

Believe what you want to.

You claim to see "red flags", then you say immediately that I must have used someone else's real work history...

What are a few of the "red flags" you see, jerkwad? Kiss

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #176 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 4:59pm:
This paid off, and got me summer jobs at college, so I could stay there

We have that in common.  My father was basically gone from when I was five.  My grandfather was an accountant, but his hobby was carpentry and he taught me that growing up.  He was very good.  I was the oldest and a boy, so most of the household repairs fell on me first, and I got to be very good at it.

I worked my way through college working $10 an hour in the 80s during breaks (fall, winter, summer).  That was pretty good pay back then.  My motto was Rockford's won't kill for it, won't marry for it, anything else, ...

I also worked as a network operator evenings for four hours a night (Mon-Fri).  It was great because if the network was up, I could do homework.  They were fine with that.  And obviously it was usually up.  I was insurance after the regular day guy left.

I built custom book cases, book cases built into walls, doll cases built into walls (with mirrors, glass doors and stained).   I painted a house one summer.  If you know DC area summers, LOL.  I ended up with two customers who told me they would never say no if I asked for work because they didn't want me to find other customers.  And they delivered.  They were happy for me but sad when I graduated

Anyway, double majored in math & computer science.  Started at $33K a year in 1988.  Only had $4K in loans, which I paid off quickly.  College grads today don't have an easy time making that still coming out of college

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #177 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Anyway, double majored in math & computer science.  Started at $33K a year in 1988.  Only had $4K in loans, which I paid off quickly.  College grads today don't have an easy time making that still coming out of college
College grads today with a double major in math and computer science probably do just fine, and I bet they can find a first job that pays more than that... Of course if their resume also includes several jobs they had while in college, and they have good recommendations from those employers, it's even easier for them. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #178 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 7:04am:
What are a few of the "red flags" you see, jerkwad? Kiss
Well?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #179 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
College grads today with a double major in math and computer science probably do just fine, and I bet they can find a first job that pays more than that... Of course if their resume also includes several jobs they had while in college, and they have good recommendations from those employers, it's even easier for them. Smiley

Wow, people who follow the same path today make more than I did 31 years ago.  Thanks for that insight, I did not see that coming

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Emotional Support Horses Must be Allowed on Public Accommodations
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy