Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Can I Sell My EBT?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Can I Sell My EBT? (Read 646 times)
Industry
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Can I Sell My EBT?
Reply #10 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
You can sell your EBT by letting another person use the card lets say they want to buy $40 of food you let them use your card to do that and they pay you $30.

My mom does it sometimes cause we have plenty but I always thought it was wrong.

I guess it is not.

But I guess I should also ask if it is wrong of the person buying it too libertarians will always find little loophole to say wrong wrong so I am asking if that is it maybe seller of EBT is good but buyer is using aggression.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
You can sell your EBT by letting another person use the card lets say they want to buy $40 of food you let them use your card to do that and they pay you $30.

My mom does it sometimes cause we have plenty but I always thought it was wrong.

I guess it is not.

But I guess I should also ask if it is wrong of the person buying it too libertarians will always find little loophole to say wrong wrong so I am asking if that is it maybe seller of EBT is good but buyer is using aggression.
As was already said, the whole idea of redistribution of wealth is wrong.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 1:32pm:

I guess it is not.

It is wrong but not that bad.  Morality and ethics are seldom black and white.  Most actions are somewhere between clearly good and clearly evil.  Selling your EBT care is maybe dark grey. 

You have access to extra, someone else needs more, there's some good to be had by letting them buy the extra you have.  There is some bad in exploiting the system to your advantage in a way that expressly violates the terms of use.  Where the scale is at the end of that, IDK, you decide for yourself.

IP Logged

Industry
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
See Ahhell how Jeff's answer changed now that I am talking about the buyer it is because he figured out that I am talking about Opposition we had a big dinner on Saturday my mom paid for the food and Opposition cooked it all but he would not eat any cause he said libertarians would say it was aggression.

He is teaching me to be a logical shopper he shows how you can get like 3x as much or more if you buy the raw materials and craft the food yourself.

So bottom line is because he was helping us shop we saved so much we only spent like 1/3 of what a meal like that costs cause my mom always buys finished platters and stuff I think he should get to eat some of the food.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Not to veer the thread off-topic, but I.  Have to believe that EBT.  Cards are easily.  Counterfeited...  Hackers usually have little problem outwitting government boobs who design security measures.  Government employees are easily corrupted since they already live off of other. People’s sweat.  If a case of EBT cards went missing, it would likely never be noticed and if it were noticed, whoever is at fault would cover it up.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Nov 11th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
I am not asking if it is illegal I know it is I am asking if libertarians think I should be allowed to sell or give away the food is bought by my EBT card or if I have to eat it all.

This is not about if libertarians approve or not.  This is a very undignified question and libertarians want to live in a civilized and dignified society.  There would be no EBT in a libertarian society.

Most of the EBT people don't even spend my tax money on staple food like bread, rice, and meat but buy junk food.  EBT people are fat.  7-11 accept EBT and you can go there o buy a slurpy on my tax.

Hey, it is free country, buy what you want with my tax.  Thank you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
Not to veer the thread off-topic, but I.  Have to believe that EBT.  Cards are easily.  Counterfeited...  Hackers usually have little problem outwitting government boobs who design security measures.  Government employees are easily corrupted since they already live off of other. People’s sweat.  If a case of EBT cards went missing, it would likely never be noticed and if it were noticed, whoever is at fault would cover it up.

I think you're probably exactly right, and it's not off topic at all.

All large bureaucracies work the same, generally, they don't bother to look for missing money or missing anything else either, not within the bureaucracy anyway.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 6:46pm:
This is not about if libertarians approve or not.  This is a very undignified question and libertarians want to live in a civilized and dignified society.  There would be no EBT in a libertarian society.

Most of the EBT people don't even spend my tax money on staple food like bread, rice, and meat but buy junk food.  EBT people are fat.  7-11 accept EBT and you can go there o buy a slurpy on my tax.

Hey, it is free country, buy what you want with my tax.  Thank you.

I saved you a ton of money on that feast.

I even made the dough for the rangoons myself.

Out of flour.

Altogether I saved you around $80.

You're welcome.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 12:51am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 9:35pm:
I saved you a ton of money on that feast.

I even made the dough for the rangoons myself.

Out of flour.

Altogether I saved you around $80.

You're welcome.

Well, thanks.  And you know I am not talking about you.  I am talking about all the lazy asses that keep having kids.  I think I told you that I never see then buying anything but junk food with EBT.

You enjoy cooking, do you?  One of the best things, in my opinion about Asia, especially Japan is its respect for people who want to eat alone.  I was at a Yakiniku restaurant yesterday that was single seating beside one table for two that I sat with my date.  Everyplace is automated.  You just order from a screen and the food and beverage just come up from an opening in the table or side of it.  Tou almost never see a waiter.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 7:42am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 12th, 2019 at 6:46pm:
This is not about if libertarians approve or not.  This is a very undignified question and libertarians want to live in a civilized and dignified society.
I'm not so sure about the "dignified " part... Grin Grin Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Can I Sell My EBT?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy