Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . . (Read 1118 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Nov 13th, 2019 at 11:52am
Print Post  
. . . we are smart enough to recognize it for what it is.

In Schiff's impeachment hearings, he is inducing deep state members to come to the surface and reveal themselves for what they are.  Right now, he has George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eastern Europe.  Kent discribed his background as a career diplomat and his family's long history of serving in such roles, with the clear implication that a nuevo riche landlord with his immigrant third wife, has no business trying to dictate to real foreign policy professionals just because he happened to win some election.

William Taylor, acting ambassador to the Ukraine is  now giving specific details on how the outsider, Trump, is attempting to conduct some shadow foreign policy, tangential to the long-standing polices such career diplomats have established under presidents from both of the legitimate parties. 

They are quite serious.  This is not self-parody.  They seriously expect the American people to understand how wrong it is for a single president to try to not only determine the policies of the U.S., but to get involved directly in how they are implemented.  In their minds, avoiding that possibility is the main reason for having a career corps of diplomats.

I can only hope that CNN does not succeed in convincing people that the career diplomats are rightfully outraged at being usurped. 

Now speaking is

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
The first day of Public Impeachment Hearings went very badly for the democrat witch hunters.

Though both were "credible witnesses", Kent and Taylor's testimony were based mostly on speculation and hearsay evidence.  So they weren't lying, but their testimony just doesn't carry much weight.

If Schiff doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat pretty soon, I'd say this Impeachment is all wet.

Hearings will resume on Friday.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:34am
Print Post  
I could not believe my ears at some of the things those deep staters were saying. 

One of the dems asked them, WTTE of “was Ambassodor Sondlan on the list of people you recommended Trump to invite to (some meeting)”.

“No, he was not!”

“But Trump sent him anyway.?”

“Yes, he did!”

Seriously?  That rises to the levels of impeachable offense?  I didn’t say you should invite Maggie to the party and when I go there, there she was!”

If these are their lead-off witnesses, who else have they got?

They called the people Trump communicated with the Ukraine through “the unofficial channel” and that they, the career diplomats are the “official channel.  Have they ever even heard of the constitution?  However the duly elected president conducts foreign policy is the official channel, because he is the official in charge of policy.

Yikes, I could rant all day.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 11:52am:
. . . we are smart enough to recognize it for what it is.

In Schiff's impeachment hearings, he is inducing deep state members to come to the surface and reveal themselves for what they are.  Right now, he has George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eastern Europe.  Kent discribed his background as a career diplomat and his family's long history of serving in such roles, with the clear implication that a nuevo riche landlord with his immigrant third wife, has no business trying to dictate to real foreign policy professionals just because he happened to win some election.

William Taylor, acting ambassador to the Ukraine is  now giving specific details on how the outsider, Trump, is attempting to conduct some shadow foreign policy, tangential to the long-standing polices such career diplomats have established under presidents from both of the legitimate parties. 

They are quite serious.  This is not self-parody.  They seriously expect the American people to understand how wrong it is for a single president to try to not only determine the policies of the U.S., but to get involved directly in how they are implemented.  In their minds, avoiding that possibility is the main reason for having a career corps of diplomats.

I can only hope that CNN does not succeed in convincing people that the career diplomats are rightfully outraged at being usurped. 

Very good point!

I don't think Trump will win. He should have asked all Bush/Obama appointees to resign as soon as he took office. A real plan to root up the deep state should have started with that, and the outright firing of a lot of non-appointed underlings.

Here's a link to the State Department's puff piece about itself:

https://www.state.gov/about/about-the-u-s-department-of-state/

They like "democratic values".

Check out their organizational chart:

https://www.state.gov/department-of-state-organization-chart/

No telling how many employees they have... I couldn't find that number.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:34am:
I could not believe my ears at some of the things those deep staters were saying. . .

If these are their lead-off witnesses, who else have they got?

Maybe Schiff has some aces up his sleeves.  I doubt it though. 

I think Schiff shot his load.

He sure got got pissed off when Jim Jordan said the whistleblower should be subpoenaed to testify:

“This anonymous, so-called whistleblower with no firsthand knowledge, who’s biased against the president . . . we’ll never get a chance to question that individual."

Schiff lied and said he didn't know the identity of the whistleblower.    Predictable.   

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 10:16am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:21am:
Maybe Schiff has some aces up his sleeves.  I doubt it though. 

I think Schiff shot his load.

He sure got got pissed off when Jim Jordan said the whistleblower should be subpoenaed to testify:

“This anonymous, so-called whistleblower with no firsthand knowledge, who’s biased against the president . . . we’ll never get a chance to question that individual."

Schiff lied and said he didn't know the identity of the whistleblower.    Predictable.   

The one thing that Woody sees is that the "whistleblower" would get publicly shredded and the country would see what a shame this whole thing has been.  It's the Russia hoax all over again.  Anyone who would take Democrats seriously after all these years of telling us they are on a Trump vendetta is truly an idiot

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 11:29am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 10:16am:
The one thing that Woody sees is that the "whistleblower" would get publicly shredded and the country would see what a shame this whole thing has been.  It's the Russia hoax all over again. . .
It seems so.

I (and others) believe that Schiff himself likely had something to do with encouraging the whistleblower to come forward with the Ukraine bribery allegations.

If this is ever revealed,  it's game over for impeachment, and any hopes of democrat takeover of the White House.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 11:29am:
It seems so.

I (and others) believe that Schiff himself likely had something to do with encouraging the whistleblower to come forward with the Ukraine bribery allegations.

If this is ever revealed,  it's game over for impeachment, and any hopes of democrat takeover of the White House.
They'll reveal his tax information just before the elections...

Justin Amash, who will have agreed to hold his nose and run as a Libertarian Party candidate, will win.

Then the TwoParties, who will still control everything else, will make every effort to thwart anything he tries to do, so the best he will accomplish is to veto everything coming out of Congress and abolish a bunch of Executive Departments. Smiley

If Schiff does nothing but get some light shined on the deep state, that will be a huge service to the nation.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 12:40pm:
They'll reveal his tax information just before the elections...

Last time they did that, the consensus reaction was wow, Trump pays a lot of taxes.   I know you're fascinated by what he paid and you don't care about Constitutional rights, but think about it. If he was defrauding anyone, the IRS would already know that as he's under continual audit.  That obviously isn't the case

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 3:56pm:
Last time they did that, the consensus reaction was wow, Trump pays a lot of taxes.
When was that? Who made them public? Was it ordered by a court? Why?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy