Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . . (Read 1925 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 3:56pm:
If he was defrauding anyone, the IRS would already know that as he's under continual audit.  That obviously isn't the case
Which is it? has he been audited every year since, when? Or not?

How do you know this?

Even if true, the results of the audit aren't public information.

Where can I see the tax filings and the audit results? Thanks for linking me up... Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:21am:
Schiff lied and said he didn't know the identity of the whistleblower.    Predictable.   

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 7:44pm:
Who cares, just as long as some light is shined on the deep state.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 3:56pm:
Last time they did that, the consensus reaction was wow, Trump pays a lot of taxes.   I know you're fascinated by what he paid and you don't care about Constitutional rights, but think about it. If he was defrauding anyone, the IRS would already know that as he's under continual audit.  That obviously isn't the case

Yes, that is exactly right.

The Dems are hoping that the public will be shocked, shocked!  They will learn that Trump has a huge gross income but that all his deductions allow him to pay a relatively smaller tax on that income. 

Yes, the rich pay a far lower percent of their income in taxes than Joe the Plumber and Josephine the cop.  I mean the very rich, not doctors and engineers who cannot even write off student debt payments, I mean Donald Trump, George Soros, The Hunt Brothers, Ben and Jerry, etc.  Those are the people who own the twoparties, so of course they are not going to pay a whole bunch of taxes, duh.

They get all the protection of their shipping lanes, kids dying to protect their oil supply and regulations that keep competitors from decreasing their profit margins.  In a system like ours, the rich absolutely own the government, but Trump made the "mistake" of actually going down a level by being the president. 

He thinks he is at the top of the pyramid, because he has top of the pyramid money.  So he not only does not have a wealthy master like Bebe Reboso or the Saudi Royal Family, he doesn't make deals with twoparties members to keep from pissing off their wealthy masters.

If they actually vote to impeach, 2020 may be the biggest electoral landslide in history.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I finally got a chance to watch the hearing.

I loved when Jordan (I think) told Taylor that he had no first-hand knowledge of anything at all that he was testifying to.  "So-and-so told so-and-so that he had heard so-and-so say . .  "  Then he read some actual testimony and it were exactly that if not worse.   He said, "and you're their star witness?"  Taylor couldn't keep a straight face.  I thought he was about to bust out laughing. 

He knows. 

I guess I give him props for being willing to help his fellow dems take another swing at impeachment.  A swing and a miss, obviously.  What is this, like strike seven?  Or do the dems think they are just fouling off pitches waiting for the hanging curveball across the numbers to finally come in.

That other guy, Kent the Bowtie Man, took the whole thing really seriously, just like he obviously takes himself.  He probably wasn't thinking about how bad he and Taylor looked.  He likely was put out that Jordon had not said, "and you two are the star witnesses?" 

Jeff is that what you mean by narcisism?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:32pm:
In a system like ours, the rich absolutely own the government...
That's not actually our system of government, it's a reversion to the kind of government the Revolutionary War was fought to get rid of.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 9:11pm:
I finally got a chance to watch the hearing.

I loved when Jordan (I think) told Taylor that he had no first-hand knowledge of anything at all that he was testifying to.  "So-and-so told so-and-so that he had heard so-and-so say . .  "  Then he read some actual testimony and it were exactly that if not worse.   He said, "and you're their star witness?"  Taylor couldn't keep a straight face.  I thought he was about to bust out laughing. 

He knows. 

I guess I give him props for being willing to help his fellow dems take another swing at impeachment.  A swing and a miss, obviously.  What is this, like strike seven?  Or do the dems think they are just fouling off pitches waiting for the hanging curveball across the numbers to finally come in.

That other guy, Kent the Bowtie Man, took the whole thing really seriously, just like he obviously takes himself.  He probably wasn't thinking about how bad he and Taylor looked.  He likely was put out that Jordon had not said, "and you two are the star witnesses?" 
It's early in the hearings, they're setting the stage. You have to assume that the various named "so-and-so's" will be called to testify too.

Will there be lots of posturing and political theater on both sides? Of course.

Do we know yet if anybody is lying or not, for certain? I don't, but my inclination is to think they are all lying.

Here's an article exemplifying how they all feel about transparency:

https://reason.com/2019/11/13/is-trumps-epa-seeking-to-gut-good-science/?utm_med...

From the article:

"House of Representatives Science, Space, and Technology Committee Chairwoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D–Texas) declared, "The requirement for data to be publicly available is nothing more than an attempt to undercut EPA's mandate to use the best available science."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
More hearings today.  They are interviewing former Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

To the horror of the committee, Ambassador Yovanovitch claimed that she was "kneecapped".

She is bitter because she was FIRED as Ambassador.

“I mean, after 33 years of service to our country it was terrible. It's not the way I wanted my career to end.”

Via Twitter, Trump chimed in:

"Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors."

Yovanovitch complained:

‘I did’ feel threatened and ‘devastated’ by Trump’s comments."

Impeachment Czar Schiff called Trump's comment "Witness Intimidation":

“What we saw today is, it wasn’t enough that Ambassador Yovanovitch was smeared. It wasn’t enough that she was attacked. . . But we saw today - witness intimidation in real-time by the President of the United States. . . We take this kind of witness intimidation and obstruction of the inquiry very seriously.”

It's looking pretty bad for Trump.   Another charge of obstruction added to his long list of High Crimes...

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:32pm:
Yes, that is exactly right.

Who got to see the numbers in these purported earlier exposures of Trump's tax returns?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 15th, 2019 at 12:12pm:
More hearings today.  They are interviewing former Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

To the horror of the committee, Ambassador Yovanovitch claimed that she was "kneecapped".

She is bitter because she was FIRED as Ambassador.

“I mean, after 33 years of service to our country it was terrible. It's not the way I wanted my career to end.”

Via Twitter, Trump chimed in:

"Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors."

Yovanovitch complained:

‘I did’ feel threatened and ‘devastated’ by Trump’s comments."

Impeachment Czar Schiff called Trump's comment "Witness Intimidation":

“What we saw today is, it wasn’t enough that Ambassador Yovanovitch was smeared. It wasn’t enough that she was attacked. . . But we saw today - witness intimidation in real-time by the President of the United States. . . We take this kind of witness intimidation and obstruction of the inquiry very seriously.”

It's looking pretty bad for Trump.   Another charge of obstruction added to his long list of High Crimes...
She was already fired, how can he intimidate her now?

Anyway, she's obviously going to be a hostile witness, as is most of the deep state I think. They all live in the swamp Trump promised t drain.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy