Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . . (Read 2087 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Reply #60 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:58am:
No, it is not.

A person could have a tax rate of 10% if they are making $19,000, but with an income that low the percent of their income they pay will be much less than 10%.   The personal exemption alone is $12,200 which means if they have no deductions at all, they would pay 10% of 6,800 which would of course be less than 10% of 12,200.

Sorry if numbers confuse you, Kaz.

All you said is that their effective tax rate is lower than their marginal tax rate, which is a no duh point.

I gave you the IRS numbers that show that 1% pay almost 50% of all taxes, yet earn about 20% of the income.   That is their effective rate, Holmes.  That means that 99% earn 80% of the income and pay the other 50% of taxes.  That means the effective tax rate of the rich is far higher, Holmes.  Think about it, LOL.  The effective tax rate of the middle class is tiny.  20% of the population pay almost 100% of all taxes

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:39am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:53am:
So you actually think that you can demand a link from anyone who says anything on the Internet that you didn't know?
I'm not demanding anything jerkwad Jr., I'm just waiting. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 9:08am:
I never said that they pay a lower tax rate.  I said:

Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:32pm:

And you were correct, that often is the case.

A higher tax rate applies to them, but they often pay a lower effective rate.

You'd think someone who claims to have majored in math and computer science could figure out simple things like this. Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:46am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:03am:
All you said is that their effective tax rate is lower than their marginal tax rate, which is a no duh point.

I gave you the IRS numbers that show that 1% pay almost 50% of all taxes, yet earn about 20% of the income.   That is their effective rate, Holmes.  That means that 99% earn 80% of the income and pay the other 50% of taxes.  That means the effective tax rate of the rich is far higher, Holmes.  Think about it, LOL.  The effective tax rate of the middle class is tiny.  20% of the population pay almost 100% of all taxes
The discussion pertained to individuals, not aggregated groups, but your new tack points out very clearly that Indirect taxes are not being levied uniformly.

What about the $12,000 personal exemption? If that's enough to live on for an individual, why does welfare pay so much more?

Has anyone proposed a 'living wage' equivalent to $12,000/year?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:48am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:03am:
The effective tax rate of the middle class is tiny.
Not in comparison to their wages and salaries, which is the point here.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:00am:
Did you mean to say "way too lazy?"
He majored in math and computer science, you can't expect him to worry much about spelling and grammar... Math is what he excels at! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #66 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:48am:
Not in comparison to their wages and salaries, which is the point here.

Their effective rate by definition is IN COMPARISON TO THEIR WAGES AND SALARIES, dumb ass.  That's what EFFECTIVE tax rate means, the percentage of their total income they pay in taxes.  You and LBM don't have a fing clue what you are talking about.

Sheesh, ignorance sticks to you like drool on a baby.  Like white on rice.  Like the smell of bourbon to a drunk

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #67 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:00am:
Did you mean to say "way too lazy?"

And LBM finds a typo and clings to it like he found a pearl.  Typo checking the Internet is gayer than your fixation with feelings, LOL.

LBM:  But kaz, you keep picking on me for imminent (sic) domain.

That wasn't a typo.  You and Jeff went back and forth and you both repeatedly said imminent (sic) domain proving you didn't know what eminent domain is.  Eminent and imminent are different words, it's not just a spelling typo.  It was freaking hilarious.  Imminent (sic) domain as a phrase doesn't even make sense.

Sorry, I've been picking on you.  I didn't mean to make you feel bad.  Maybe your mom can get you some milk and cookies and make you feel better.  And she'll probably be glad to talk about your feelings with you, homo

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 11:04am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Their effective rate by definition is IN COMPARISON TO THEIR WAGES AND SALARIES, dumb ass.  That's what EFFECTIVE tax rate means, the percentage of their total income they pay in taxes.
Individually, yes, and it's often possible to have lots of income derived from various sources of the use of your property, and yet pay a lower effective rate that a wage earner.

Didn't you figure that out while running the several businesses you claim to have had?

I worked almost nine years for a big corporation that had $5 billion in yearly gross income, but paid exactly nothing in income tax the entire time I worked for them. Their effective tax rate was zero.

What they did was put everything back into capital investments, so the corporation increased its wealth (by a $billion /year) while paying no taxes.

It's not an option available to wage earners. Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #69 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 11:04am:
Individually, yes, and it's often possible to have lots of income derived from various sources of the use of your property, and yet pay a lower effective rate that a wage earner.

So you thought LBM's point was there is one billionaire who pays a lower rate than one waitress, he wasn't talking about averages?  Sure, Jeff.  You're a bickering old hag

Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 11:04am:
Didn't you figure that out while running the several businesses you claim to have had?

I worked almost nine years for a big corporation that had $5 billion in yearly gross income, but paid exactly nothing in income tax the entire time I worked for them. Their effective tax rate was zero.

What they did was put everything back into capital investments, so the corporation increased its wealth (by a $billion /year) while paying no taxes.

It's not an option available to wage earners. Cry

Corporations don't pay income taxes, individuals do.  Corporations do pay a plethora of other taxes.

And so you wanted the corporation to pay taxes instead of putting their profits back in the business.  Wow, corporations can write off their expenses, that really bothers you, huh?  How Democrat of you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy