Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . . (Read 1951 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Reply #70 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Kaz is going to cling to what he reads on the IRS website and what Rachel Maddow tells him on Rachel Explains it All or whatever her show is called.

When I was in college, I had an incredibly annoying roommate.  He bragged constantly about how much money his father made.  He never explained why he went to a state school; maybe his dad didn't believe in paying people to fake his record. 

Anyway, that was during my brief period as a liberal Democrat and I asked him, "just for example how much taxes did your dad pay last year?"  He said, "well, none, he didn't have any income." 

Snarky bastard I was I pretended to be concerned about how they lived with no money coming in, but I knew exactly what he meant.  The fact that his father paid no income tax the previous year made it very credible that they were wealthy.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #71 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
Kaz is going to cling to what he reads on the IRS website and what Rachel Maddow tells him on Rachel Explains it All or whatever her show is called

Swish,

I gave you IRS stats on the actual income and actual taxes paid, not on tax preparation laws.  So it has nothing to do with reading the IRS website.

And Rachel explained that he paid $38 million on $150 million of income.  That's a rate way higher than your fictional waitress would have paid and it sure wasn't zero.  Your ignorance is extensive

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #72 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Anyway, that was during my brief period as a liberal Democrat

You didn't even have a brief period as a liberal Democrat posting on this site.  you posted as Don the Communist quite a while

I pretended to be concerned ...

You dog, you.  With all the times you talked to him about your feelings and his feelings, he didn't see you being unconcerned coming, did he?

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
Swish,

I gave you IRS stats on the actual income and actual taxes paid, not on tax preparation laws.  So it has nothing to do with reading the IRS website.

And Rachel explained that he paid $38 million on $150 million of income.  That's a rate way higher than your fictional waitress would have paid and it sure wasn't zero.  Your ignorance is extensive

He wrote off more than 100 million in "losses" using loopholes not available to waitresses.   No doubt the same type of loopholes my roommate's father used.

38 Million on 250 million is actually more like an effective rate of about 15% if my guesstimate is close.

This is why it is so foolish that you fear that rich people will own government of government funding is voluntary.  The rich own government now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
The rich own government now.
It's really criminal that our government is for sale.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #75 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
He wrote off more than 100 million in "losses" using loopholes not available to waitresses.   No doubt the same type of loopholes my roommate's father used

Typical big government Democrat, you want to tax gains but not write off costs.  BTW, costs are not "loopholes."  Those writeoffs are for things like buying equipment to operate the business.  We tax gains in this country, not revenue as you claim to want to do.  Of course you want to not let businesses write off their expenses, less money for your beloved government.  You even have to pay for the roads you drive on, it's just an oppressive country, huh?

38 Million on 250 million is actually more like an effective rate of about 15% if my guesstimate is close

Yes, of course.  You want to tax him on the money he invested in his business, not just the profit he made.  Typical big government Democrat.

So he invested $100 million and made $150 million, and you want to tax both in your love of government.

And as the statistics of actual billionaires and actual middle class people shows, 1% earned 20% of the income and paid half the taxes while those earning 80% paid the other 50% of taxes.  And you still can't figure out what that means for the real tax rates being paid

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #76 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:13pm:
It's really criminal that our government is for sale.

All governments are for sale.  It's the funny thing about money, it buys things.  The solution for libertarians is we think that government should be small.  It will be just as malignant, but it will not be able to do as much actual harm as a large government.  That's why government ignoring its Constitutional limits is such an anathema to freedom, that's the limit we have on government power

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:51pm:
All governments are for sale.  It's the funny thing about money, it buys things.

+1 Kudo.

That's legit siggable.

This is why it is so foolish that you fear that rich people will own government of government funding is voluntary.  The rich own government now.

I don't disagree with this, however.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #78 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:42pm
Print Post  

It's about scale.  Right now, even a billionaire can't call and say to arrest LBM on a trumped up charge because he wants to take your property that is adjacent to his.  In your system where government can't survive without "donations," he could do that.

It's butt obvious how dependent on the rich government would be if the rich were their ONLY source of income as you advocate.

It's why no taxes = anarchy.  All government is voluntary.  And voluntary means that public servants would actually be in the employ of those who pay them.  Anarchy = despotism, there is no difference.

All that so you don't have to pay for the roads you drive on all the time.  You're not even a smart leach

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:51pm:
All governments are for sale.
Only if they have something to sell.

In the very early days of the Republic, it was noticed that people we're buying appointments as postmasters and port collectors, but that was about it, because nothing else was for sale.

No doubt during the War of !812, people were lobbying for military contracts, but for the most part, to begin with, they had to prove they had the best product at a good price.

Fast forward, and people are buying regulatory exemptions for their business, and subsidies, and protection from competition, things that simply weren't for sale until the "progressives' made our government unlimited.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Adam Schiff is Doing Something Great for the Nation. If . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy