Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Would You Re-write The Second Amendment?
Poll
Poll Question: Should the 2nd Amendment be amended?

« Last Modified by: SkyChief on: Nov 17th, 2019 at 2:13pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Would You Re-write The Second Amendment? (Read 1477 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Would You Re-write The Second Amendment?
Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:11pm:
Perhaps the venue of the hanging could depend on the level of the lawmaker.  U.S. Congressmen would be hanged in DC, state lawmakers at their capital building and local tyrants dispatched at city hall or the county courthouse.

You all stole my idea.

Remember when I pointed out that paper covers rock, not gun?

I suggested that the Constitution has no mechanism for enforcement and that one such mechanism might be that lawmakers who violate can be shot.

Please pay me the sum of one Kudo (or the equivalent 25.78 Quatloos) every time you use my idea and kill a lawmaker. Yes, I'm asking for currency from my universe (which doesn't exist and you can't possibly have any of). If you can't, then you can't enforce. It's my idea, after all. My property. What? No it's not me telling you what you can't do; that's silly. This is property rights!

The Opposition wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:17pm:
Actually if you reduce my posts to logical necessities about what works and what doesn't, I'm arguing for less of what Burns aptly describes as law-nibbling, and more actual rebellions.

We could have a nice broad generalisation about people who muck up the Constitution enshrined in the Constitution itself. Define them as traitors and declare open season.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 2:11pm:
This is good because it explains the reason WHY our right to keep and bear arms should be protected.

But it still doesn't mention the Right to buy, sell, and transfer firearms.
The right to keep and bear arms necessarily includes the right to make them, and sell them, and buy them, and use them, meaning that it also includes a right to make, and sell, and buy, and keep ammunition.

The existence of a right requires more than lip service, it requires everything necessary to exercise the right, and thus, the right includes those things. Smiley Smiley Smiley

No, you can't force someone else to buy guns and ammo for you, but if you join a club and want to shoot High Power Rifle competition, they will loan you a rifle and give you ammunition. They do charge to shoot the match though, so you can't get away without paying something.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 2:11pm:
Please vote in the poll.   Smiley
I abstained because I don't like the questions.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Remember when I pointed out that paper covers rock, not gun?
I remember! We were in your garage, Dougie was with us, it was a cool game, especially after you said, to do it right, we all had to take our pants off.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I suggested that the Constitution has no mechanism for enforcement and that one such mechanism might be that lawmakers who violate can be shot.
I was thinking earlier about the really smart people I've known who can be/have been, complete idiots. You just reminded me of it.

It's amazing how you can speak in thermie's voice... Wow!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Please pay me the sum of one Kudo (or the equivalent 25.78 Quatloos) every time you use my idea and kill a lawmaker. Yes, I'm asking for currency from my universe (which doesn't exist and you can't possibly have any of). If you can't, then you can't enforce. It's my idea, after all. My property. What? No it's not me telling you what you can't do; that's silly. This is property rights!

It's impossible to even begin to answer any of this, which, in your mind, means your impeccable logic silenced everyone with the realization that you, and only you, are absolutely correct. Kiss

You're actually starting to sound dangerous again... Take a vacation. Try to center your self.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
It's impossible to even begin to answer any of this, which, in your mind, means your impeccable logic silenced everyone with the realization that you, and only you, are absolutely correct. Kiss

Of course I don't think that since I was kidding. Sorry you can't take a joke.

Just to clarify, I understand that reasonable IP rights are valid property.

Unreasonable demands that every idea some regular Joe spews out on some forum should be considered IP, and that they should be heeded when they say, "Pay up!" are ridiculous.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
Just to clarify, I understand that reasonable IP rights are valid property.

Unreasonable demands that every idea some regular Joe spews out on some forum should be considered IP, and that they should be heeded when they say, "Pay up!" are ridiculous.
Where is the exact line between reasonable and unreasonable?

Listen in to "progressive" conversations, and you will hear that reasonable restrictions on your right to own and use guns include an outright ban, because they think it's unreasonable for any private person to have a gun.

They also seem to think that it's reasonable that anybody who works for the government should be armed and SWAT trained, and protected by people in black helicopters hiding their faces.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
Where is the exact line between reasonable and unreasonable?

If my statement is incorrect, just say so.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 16th, 2019 at 6:45pm:
If my statement is incorrect, just say so.
If rational people are defining "reasonable", then your statement is correct, otherwise, it's not.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Would You Re-write The Second Amendment?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy