Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kaepernick
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kaepernick (Read 91 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Kaepernick
Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
There's an obvious and totally legit reason teams haven't signed him.  Of course the media doesn't see that, they never do.  If you were an owner, why would you do that to yourself?  You'd sign him, but you could never cut him and if you don't play him, Kaepernick, leftist trolls and the media will endlessly attack you.  He's not that good, but he's probably one of the best 90 QBs (there are roughly 90 on pro rosters).  You sign a guy in the lower rungs of that and you're just going to get hammered for it, pass.

Although Niner fan friends of mine say he's not one of the top 90, they think he sucks.  Still, I think he could be going on and off rosters if he hadn't done that to himself.

The dumbest argument is that it violates his free speech to not let him kneel.  The first amendment is a limit on government power, not a government power.  It doesn't protect you from other citizens, just from the government, and they haven't been involved.

So any other views?

Or in LBM's case, how do you feel about Kaepernick, guy?  You feel good about his not getting signed?  Bad?  Sad?  Homo

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Kaepernick
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
He was a decent quarterback, but not good enough to justify the baggage he brings with him.

You can pretty easily get a quarterback as good, without the baggage.

Tom Brady, considered to be the best QB in the league, only got a chance because he was a backup and the starter was injured. I thought Kirk Cousins was the better player than Robert Griffin when he was playing as RG3's backup.

Over and over, I see a secondary quarterback take over because a starter is injured, and I think of all the teams struggling with poor quarterbacks who would be very happy to have that one as a starter.

There are plenty of decent ones, and that's all I think Kaepernick is - decent. Often, teams are greedy for a superstar and ruin their already good team trying to get one, or they get one, and a pocket passer, but can't protect him well enough (like the Broncos with Flacco).

Sometimes, decent QBs take advantage of a very good team around them to build themselves up into superstars, when they're really not.

kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
The dumbest argument is that it violates his free speech to not let him kneel.

I don't think it does. And this is actually a case of the market working how it's supposed to. By bringing politics into Handegg, he sours Handegg.

He now has to make up for that spoilage by taking less money than he wants or offering more skill than he can provide. The teams only care how much money they will make, and his nonsense costs them viewers.

kaz wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
how do you feel about Kaepernick, guy?

Absolutely detest him. He's one of the richest people in America who would dare complain to the people watching him (who are mostly living hand-to-mouth, and paying a good chunk of their meagre income to watch him in the first place) that he and his don't have enough.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Kaepernick:  "I've been ready for three years.  I've been denied for three years."

I.E., if you sign me, I have a bad attitude and am still in attack mode.  He can't be serious if he actually wants to play.  If he actually wanted to play and weren't stupid, he would be contrite and say if you sign me, I'll be quiet and play, I want to play football.  He's making sure that no owner would sign him.  You don't have to be Einstein to be a billionaire, but they are rarely stupid, and signing someone with that attitude would be stupid

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I wonder what Kaepernick thinks would happen to me if I started handing out flyers at my work about how my kind were oppressed.

I wonder if he would count that as me being "denied" since I have the skill to do my job but would obviously get fired anyway.

My job is not my personal soap box. Your job is not your personal soap box.

Why should his job be his personal soap box?

IMO he's a selfish piece of shit and doesn't even consider or care that normal people don't get to grandstand.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Kaepernick is better known as a race complainer that he was as an athlete.  I don't follow sport but I heard  he was never a great player or team player,

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
My state's disgusting orange creamsickle team blew a fortune on an elite quarterback (Flacco) and can't win with him or the backup that replaced him because they couldn't protect him and now he's injured. They additionally just blew a 20-point halftime lead and lost... to the Vikings.

What does orange have to do with a horse? What about a nice warm reddish-brown?

Also, can it please not be a horse? There is already a horse. As far as I know, there isn't one reptile mascot in the whole league. That's room for development, hmm? Also, elk stags look great in front-view and are just as iconicly Midwestern.

Look at that! That's a mascot.

...The helms could have painted-on antlers.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:40pm:
He was a decent quarterback, but not good enough to justify the baggage he brings with him.
This is it.  He's clearly good enough to play in the NFL which makes him a great athelete.  He's just a pain in the ass and not good enough to make that worthwhile for most of the owners. 

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 9:45am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 9:32am:
This is it.  He's clearly good enough to play in the NFL which makes him a great athelete.  He's just a pain in the ass and not good enough to make that worthwhile for most of the owners. 

It's unreal.  The Jackass wore a Kunte Kinte t-shirt.  Yeah, ass, you're a slave because you made millions and millions playing football and they won't pay you millions more to keep doing it.

Then he and his lawyer were so angry and accusatory.  I'd never hire someone like that to work for me in any of my businesses no matter how good they were.  In the end, it's not worth dealing with someone like that and I was already rich. 

I'd never let someone work for me while they disrespect me.  The guy has lost touch with reality if he thinks anyone would hire him the way he's acting.  Antonio Brown is one of the greatest living receivers and he's sitting at home because of his bad attitude.  Kaepernick isn't even that good

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kaepernick
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy