Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick? (Read 966 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 6:32pm:
To me you did. I've never been anything but nice to you.
OK, I'll bite... Define "nice" for me.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
Give me shit, expect shit in return. That's fair.

I didn't do it first. That matters.

You do it first constantly.

You'll look at a post and pick out some point in the post to twist into something clearly different than it meant.  Yamcha is right, you have no reason to do it other than to be an ass

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 6:42pm:
OK, I'll bite... Define "nice" for me.

No. But I will elaborate what I mean by I've never been anything but nice to you.

I don't insult you. I even defend you when I believe you're correct, or when I see that you're being unfairly attacked, for example when some posters here found a video of a libertarian kid who happened to be named Jeff and inferred that you were about twelve. They used that to dismiss you.

I said that it didn't matter whether you were eight or eighty. I do not believe anyone should be dismissed for what they are.

And yet you continue to accuse me of outright crimes, like paedophilia.

You go on and on about tribalism and you're out to catch anyone you think is practicing just a smidgen of favouritism for their own, eviscerating them at the drop of a hat.

You accuse people of tribalism more than anyone, and you practice it more than anyone. You go after me most of all, and the great irony is that I'm the only one here who is tribeless. I treat people who are hateful to me at least as well as I treat my friends.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:17am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
No. But I will elaborate what I mean by I've never been anything but nice to you.

I don't insult you. I even defend you when I believe you're correct, or when I see that you're being unfairly attacked, for example when some posters here found a video of a libertarian kid who happened to be named Jeff and inferred that you were about twelve. They used that to dismiss you.

I missed that one, can you find it again?

What you've done repeatedly that isn't "nice" is to deliberately distort and misrepresent what I say.

You aren't the only one that has does it.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:17am:
I missed that one, can you find it again?

What you've done repeatedly that isn't "nice" is to deliberately distort and misrepresent what I say.

You aren't the only one that has does it.

No, he isn't.  You distort and misrepresent what you say more than anyone.  You can't maintain the same position on an issue for two posts in a row

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:54am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:42am:
You can't maintain the same position on an issue for two posts in a row
Not true. For instance, my position on constitutional taxation, and the meanings of the critical words regarding the granted (and limited) taxing power, have not changed over a long series of posts, not will they. Certainly not until someone constructs a rational explanation of how a tax on wages can be seen as Indirect in it's substance and effect.

I've been totally consistent about "taxation is theft" being an anarchistic slogan.

No matter, people reading the forum can judge for themselves.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:54am:
Not true. For instance, my position on constitutional taxation, and the meanings of the critical words regarding the granted (and limited) taxing power, have not changed over a long series of posts, not will they. Certainly not until someone constructs a rational explanation of how a tax on wages can be seen as Indirect in it's substance and effect.

I've been totally consistent about "taxation is theft" being an anarchistic slogan.

No matter, people reading the forum can judge for themselves.

You also don't know that wages and salaries are the same thing and you think that wages aren't income.  You're a whole bag of nuts

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 8:10am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:59am:
You also don't know that wages and salaries are the same thing and you think that wages aren't income. 
Wages and salaries aren't identical things, but for the purpose of taxation, they are close enough. That's why a lot of the time I say "A tax laid on wages and salaries is Direct in it's substance and effect, and the constitutional requirement that all Direct taxes must be apportioned cannot be evaded by seeking to tax wages and salaries with a tax that has the form of an Indirect tax. The form does not control the substance."

I've also said quite a few times that defining wages and salaries as "incomes" does not alter the substance and effect of any tax laid on wages and salaries.

I keep saying this also: Working for wages is exchanging your labor for something of value. Whether you work to grow your own food, or work for a salary so you can buy food, there is no essential difference in what is taking place.

When you put property you own to work for you, you may derive income from the use of your property.

This is categorically different than having to work for food yourself. Your property does the work, and you sit back enjoying the income derived from the use of your property.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 8:21am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 7:59am:
You also don't know that wages and salaries are the same thing and you think that wages aren't income.  You're a whole bag of nuts

They are the same thing but usually the bluecollar guys call them wages.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 8:30am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 18th, 2019 at 8:21am:
They are the same thing but usually the bluecollar guys call them wages.
Fine. Define wages as an hourly salary paid weekly.

Define a yearly salary as a per year wage.

For the purpose of taxation, they are the same. I said that.

Why are you being such a dick? Did kaz start it again?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy