Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick? (Read 1671 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Reply #50 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Kaz:  "Jeff says he believes in consent of the governed, but he made up his own definition for it where your great, great, great, great grandfather can consent on your behalf"

Jeff wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:24am:
My belief is that classical liberals understood that consent was granted when the Constitution was ratified by the People, and that as long as the People maintain the right to alter the government by legal means, that consent is maintained

OK, so you could have just said I'm right, you think your great, great, great, great grandfather can consent for you on your behalf.

If you want to believe that, it's fine, but don't call it "consent of the governed" because you are making up your own definition of a term that clearly doesn't mean that.  It's the stupid way you argue.  You make up words and definitions that happen to be words already being used in the discussion then try to conflate the real meaning with your made up meaning

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #51 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:30am:
The CSA was constituted as a separate nation simply because the slave states could see the handwriting on the wall. When enough free states were admitted to the Union, the Constitution was going to be amended to abolish slavery.

All of the writings of the Founding Fathers of the Confederacy were concerned with the preservation and extension of human chattel slavery. No libertarian or classical liberal would choose the CSA over the Union of free states... But you do.

Jeff:  See, kaz, here's how it works.  If I don't like the CSA, then viola, I'm not violating their consent of the governed by conquering them!

My point was about consent of the governed.  Think about your argument.  Do you like college football, well then, you like Joe Paterno protecting a child molester!  That's another of your stupid arguments. 

To support one point regarding the CSA means to support everything about the CSA!  No, actually it doesn't, it just shows your overt stupidity and intellectually lazy debate skills.  That I support consent of the government does not imply that I agree with the reason any particular citizens who stopped consenting stopped consenting.  And your standard in this is one you never apply to your side of a disagreement, not now, not ever

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Yawn.

I hope somebody posted something better than this.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #53 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:03pm:
Yawn.

I hope somebody posted something better than this.

I'm thinking that since you're posting on a libertarian message board, your view that government can conquer it's citizens is in the minority.  John Locke (father of classic liberalism) and the Founding Fathers sure the hell don't agree with you either, and they said so.

Thomas Jefferson:  "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Jeff the Hillbilly:  If your great, great, great, great grandfather consented, then you consented.  Deal with it

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:39pm:
I'm thinking that since you're posting on a libertarian message board, your view that government can conquer it's citizens is in the minority.  John Locke (father of classic liberalism) and the Founding Fathers sure the hell don't agree with you either, and they said so.

Thomas Jefferson:  "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Jeff the Hillbilly:  If your great, great, great, great grandfather consented, then you consented.  Deal with it
Have you ever met a real dick, in real life? Before me I mean.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 5:39pm:

Malcolm X style.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:03pm:
Malcolm X style.
kaz?

Perhaps... How do you mean it?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
"Your father isn't here to pay.  My father isn't here to collect.  But I'm here to collect and you're here to pay"
-Malcolm Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:47pm:
"Your father isn't here to pay.  My father isn't here to collect.  But I'm here to collect and you're here to pay"
-Malcolm X
He actually said that, right? It was a goal of the revolution of his time, to make everything, past, present and future, better.

It still won't work.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 6:53pm:
He actually said that, right? It was a goal of the revolution of his time, to make everything, past, present and future, better.

It still won't work.

Malcolm and King niggers were bad for niggers.  Thomas D. Rice and Mohammed Ali got it right.

After touring Africa and seeing how niggers naturally live. Ali said: "I'm sure glad my great-great-great-great-great granddaddy caught the boat."

Niggers need to be grateful or deleted.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jeff, why do you always have to be a dick?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy