Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now the Dems are Going to Question Law Professors about Impeachment
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Now the Dems are Going to Question Law Professors about Impeachment (Read 1214 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Now the Dems are Going to Question Law Professors about Impeachment
Dec 3rd, 2019 at 11:46am
Print Post  
They put in the work, I'll give them that.

They are going to sit for hours and hours talking to the most boring people on earth about the most boring subject on earth, just so that their news outlets can have five second sound bites of those professors saying WTTE of, "Yeah!  Impeach the MF'er!"

I'm really afraid that this impeachment is about to fizzle out and be abandoned.  The Dems need some writers to punch up the script.  What we need is what I was waiting for in Schiff's committee.  A Heisenberg type "I am . . . the one who blows (the whistle)" moment. 

All through their testimony I expected first Vindman nad then Holmes to say that.  Both of them are the exact kind of weasels who turn on bosses who they perceive to have slighted them.  No doubt they were sources for the whistle blower if not the whistle blower.

Anyway, let's hope this keeps them busy for at least the next six years.  Otherwise they might try to fix healthcare again.  *shudder*

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Now the Dems are Going to Question Law Professors about Impeachment
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 11:46am:
Anyway, let's hope this keeps them busy for at least the next six years.  Otherwise they might try to fix healthcare again.  *shudder*

Trump's plan isn't exactly making libertarians excited:

https://trumpcare.com/trumpcare-vs-obamacare/

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:00pm:
Trump's plan isn't exactly making libertarians excited:

https://trumpcare.com/trumpcare-vs-obamacare/

Nor should it.

It still forces companies to offer insurance to people with pre-existing conditions.  There are only two ways to pay for someone who is already sick:

1)  The sick person pays for his own health care,
or
2)  Someone else pays for his health care.

Both "sides" of the Twoparties have firmly agreed that number 2) is the only acceptable answer.  So the only debate is who that someone else will be.  Obamacare says the insurance companies (who are sure to pass the costs on to the healthy).  Trumpcare says the government (who will simply steal the money).

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:41pm:
Nor should it.

It still forces companies to offer insurance to people with pre-existing conditions.  There are only two ways to pay for someone who is already sick:

or

Both "sides" of the Twoparties have firmly agreed that number 2) is the only acceptable answer.  So the only debate is who that someone else will be.  Obamacare says the insurance companies (who are sure to pass the costs on to the healthy).  Trumpcare says the government (who will simply steal the money).

I'm going to vote for every libertarian on the ballot, out of prejudice, but I'm going to write in a friends name for President. He's qualified.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:35pm:
I'm going to vote for every libertarian on the ballot, out of prejudice, but I'm going to write in a friends name for President. He's qualified.

Yeah, I have to agree.  Even if it would be close between Trump and whatever idiot the Dems run, I’ll still vote libertarian.  I’m tired of picking the lessor of two statists. 

I’m seriously considering running myself, not in 2020, but in 2022.  Maybe for constable so I can make at least one law enforcement department self-funding.  I should easily have enough to retire by then and I won’t be sixty yet.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:45pm:
I’m seriously considering running myself, not in 2020, but in 2022.  Maybe for constable so I can make at least one law enforcement department self-funding.  I should easily have enough to retire by then and I won’t be sixty yet.

If nobody knows you, why would they elect you constable? And if they did know you, why would they elect you constable.

Do you jerk off while you have these dreams of personal power, and the wealth you can extract from people by using it?

You're some sort of defective personality, aren't you...

Say, what ever happened to the psychology grad student that used to post?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 5:45pm:
I should easily have enough to retire by then and I won’t be sixty yet.

That's not what your mom says!

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Anyway, what's wrong with having law professors talk about impeachment? They are the people most likely to know what impeachment means, although it's not really difficult, there are a lot of people in Congress who are what you call "not intellectual champions" if you know what I mean.

Maybe the law professors will be able to get across to them what they are doing. I really don't think it's likely.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:41pm:
Nor should it.

or

It also pays insurance companies to continue not doing their jobs and investing every cent they have in denying claims.

The government will continue to make the cost-sharing reduction payments to the insurers until 2020, which is necessary to help stabilize the market.

Somehow, doctors are making less, patients are paying more, and less people are getting care. Yet cash-only doctors like the Oklahoma Surgery Centre are charging fractions of peoples' copays and getting it done.

https://time.com/4649914/why-the-doctor-takes-only-cash/

I wonder who's to blame.

Abolish the insurance companies and everyone would be able to afford health care.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2019 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 6:49pm:
Anyway, what's wrong with having law professors talk about impeachment? They are the people most likely to know what impeachment means, although it's not really difficult, there are a lot of people in Congress who are what you call "not intellectual champions" if you know what I mean.

Maybe the law professors will be able to get across to them what they are doing. I really don't think it's likely.

That last sentence makes me wonder why you bothered typing the ones before it.

Of course the Dems are not going to call law professors who will talk them out of impeachment. 

I'm predicting today will be incredibly boring, except when Dems question the one professor that the Reps are allowed to call.  Even then, it will still be a snooze-fest.

I don't get how un-self-aware the dems are.  Maybe I should watch nothing but CNN for a week so I can understand the mindset.

Edited:
Ok, I just took a look at CNN.com.

That’s what it’s about.  Their headline is an op ed: A Grave Charge and a Momentous Turn

A truthful headline would have read: 

Schiff Still Thinks Trump Sucks
Trump to be Impeached Over Ambassador’s Presumptions

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now the Dems are Going to Question Law Professors about Impeachment
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy