Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians are bothered by all taxes, Jeff isn't
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarians are bothered by all taxes, Jeff isn't (Read 1121 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarians are bothered by all taxes, Jeff isn't
Reply #60 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 7th, 2019 at 10:40pm:
We actually could stop it because when the Chinese steal stuff, they usually just sell it back to us bootleg at slashed prices.

If they're stealing military secrets and using them to buff their military, I'm sure there are countermeasures that would be effective, like designing weapons to specifically foil the shit you just had stolen. If we're the real innovators and they're the thieves, staying one step ahead is totally feasible.
Brilliant! Cheesy kaz should love your plans!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #61 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 9:04am:
You made a claim that the trade war is hurting China more than the U.S., but you didn't offer any convincing evidence...

I know you will claim you did, but you didn't.

Sure, here you go.  You may admit you were wrong now ...

"China's growth dropped last quarter to its lowest level in nearly three decades, as the world's second largest economy continues to feel the pain from the trade war with the United States"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/economy/china-gdp-economy-trade-war/index.html

"In 2018 (2017:Q4 to 2018:Q4), the U.S. economy grew at a rapid rate of 3.1 percent, the fastest pace for any calendar year since 2005"

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/2018-banner-year-u-s-economy/

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 10:25am:
Sure, here you go.  You may admit you were wrong now ...

"China's growth dropped last quarter to its lowest level in nearly three decades, as the world's second largest economy continues to feel the pain from the trade war with the United States"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/economy/china-gdp-economy-trade-war/index.html

"In 2018 (2017:Q4 to 2018:Q4), the U.S. economy grew at a rapid rate of 3.1 percent, the fastest pace for any calendar year since 2005"

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/2018-banner-year-u-s-economy/
Our real GDP growth was negative. http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/gross-domestic-product-charts

China lies about it's economy even more than our government lies about ours, but competition from lower-labor-cost countries is hurting China quite a lot. So is their government control of the economy, which they have even more of than we do.

Blaming all of China's economic problems on the trade war with the U.S. is disingenuous. So is pretending the U.S. economy is healthy.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #63 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 12:53pm:
Our real GDP growth was negative. http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/gross-domestic-product-charts

China lies about it's economy even more than our government lies about ours, but competition from lower-labor-cost countries is hurting China quite a lot. So is their government control of the economy, which they have even more of than we do.

Blaming all of China's economic problems on the trade war with the U.S. is disingenuous. So is pretending the U.S. economy is healthy.

I know you're stupid and all.  But even if it is assumed that some guy who puts out alternate numbers is unbiased and his numbers are to believed, you just showed that the economy hasn't gotten worse since the tariffs started.

And yes, China lies.  They say their economy is BETTER than it is.  Again, you just argued against your own point.  China would never come out and say their economy is doing badly and they sure the fvck wouldn't say wow, the tariffs are hurting them.

Jeff is just stupid I couldn't even make up if I tried

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:08pm:
But even if it is assumed that some guy who puts out alternate numbers is unbiased and his numbers are to believed, you just showed that the economy hasn't gotten worse since the tariffs started.
The Shadow Stats are generated from current government provided numbers using methodologies the government used to use, before they decided to lie and make things look better. Its pretty obvious why they want to do that sort of thing...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:08pm:
...you just showed that the economy hasn't gotten worse since the tariffs started.

Negative growth is not good. Trump didn't promise to not make things worse, he said he had a plan, as a brilliant and successful entrepreneur, to make our economy much better. HUGE even!

Emperor Xi was supposed to be kissing his ass almost immediately... Well, lots of world leaders were supposed to be kissing his ass... I heard he fired Young Kim three times during their first meeting alone! Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #66 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:45pm:
The Shadow Stats are generated from current government provided numbers using methodologies the government used to use, before they decided to lie and make things look better. Its pretty obvious why they want to do that sort of thing...

No duh.  The question also isn't the source of the raw data he's using but his calculations he's using.  Another point that sailed right over your head.

According to him, our economy shrinks almost every year.  That the government manipulates statistics is obviously true.  But he's doing the same in the reverse direction.  That our economy is just shrinking is something only an idiot would believe.  Which of course is why you believe it.

For example, you said Trump is "tanking" the economy.  Then you produced a chart which even according to your own link shows that the economy is not getting worse

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #67 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:50pm:
Negative growth is not good. Trump didn't promise to not make things worse, he said he had a plan, as a brilliant and successful entrepreneur, to make our economy much better. HUGE even!

You said Trump was "tanking" the economy, then you produced a chart that your own data showed what you said was a lie.  The rest is you trying to spin your way out of it

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 8:09am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 2:14pm:
You said Trump was "tanking" the economy, then you produced a chart that your own data showed what you said was a lie.
He's helping keep the economy unhealthy, and most of what is making the economy look as good as it might to some is the result of lies and manipulation.

I agree with you, the stock market, and corporate profits, are "booming" right now, but I think those are bad signs, not good. Not in light of everything else in the economy besides the stock market and corporate profits.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 8:13am
Print Post  
This bothers me:

https://news.yahoo.com/schumer-fed-workers-12-weeks-230910811.html

The lead in:

"NEW YORK (AP) — The Senate’s top Democrat said Sunday that congressional leaders have reached a “real breakthrough” deal to give 12 weeks of paid parental leave to millions of federal workers as part of the annual defense policy bill."

It's bad enough that this will cost a lot of money the treasury doesn't have, but what I think is worse is making it part of a "defense" bill...

A good President would strip the paid leave law out of the defense policy law, rightly claiming that they are two separate bills, and veto the paid leave bill. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians are bothered by all taxes, Jeff isn't
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy