Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Libertarian Are You? Let's Find Out!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Libertarian Are You? Let's Find Out! (Read 352 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: How Libertarian Are You? Let's Find Out!
Reply #30 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 9:43am:
We have friends who live in the undeveloped outskirts of Prescott, Arizona.  Their property is almost a quarter mile from the highway. So they had to get permission from the neighbor (who owned the property adjacent to the highway) to build a road to their house. They erected 5 utility poles to get electrical and cable service to their house.  After the dust settled, it was over $160k for everything.

The agreement was he had to pay for everything - including maintenance of the road and utility poles. 

That's how a real libertarian gets stuff done - with a little gold and a handshake - same way they did it 150 years ago.  Keep the government out of it.

Yes, if we all lived in The Little House on the Prairie, it could work. 

But you can't even address suburban much less urban solutions.

I truly loathe government.  I'd love to be an anarchist.  But I have no solution to things there can be only one of, like roads, and no one has given me anything but Little House on the Prairie solutions.  Like you did

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 9:43am:
We have friends who live in the undeveloped outskirts of Prescott, Arizona.  Their property is almost a quarter mile from the highway. So they had to get permission from the neighbor (who owned the property adjacent to the highway) to build a road to their house.
They had to work out some sort of right-of-way agreement before they could build the house I assume? Is their property landlocked? If so, they most likely got a right-of-way when they bought the property.

https://www.roselawgroup.com/can-landlocked-property-owner-gain-access/

Or this:

https://www.realestatelawyers.com/resources/real-estate/land-use-zoning/arizona-...

From the article:

"Because Arizona law recognizes that every landowner is entitled to a right of ingress and egress to his property, where landlocked property is sold, the grantee has by necessity a right to cross over the land of the grantor in order to enter or exit his property."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 10:01am:
They had to work out some sort of right-of-way agreement before they could build the house I assume? Is their property landlocked? If so, they most likely got a right-of-way when they bought the property.
They have a right of way easement on their property, but it's on the opposite end of where they needed the road to the highway.   Sad

They needed access to the highway so they had to get permission from the owner.   He was nice and said ok, provided my friend paid for it and maintained it. 

They put a large sign at the head of the road that says 'PRIVATE DRIVE' so motorists don't think its a public road.  Their mailbox is next to the sign.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 12:43pm:
They have a right of way easement on their property, but it's on the opposite end of where they needed the road to the highway.   Sad

They needed access to the highway so they had to get permission from the owner.   He was nice and said ok, provided my friend paid for it and maintained it. 

They put a large sign at the head of the road that says 'PRIVATE DRIVE' so motorists don't think its a public road.  Their mailbox is next to the sign.
Where did the existing easement go?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 1:01pm:
Where did the existing easement go?

Its still there.

It's of no value to them because it leads to an abandoned housing tract project from the 1970s. 

It would require a long circuitous route that would add an extra mile to get from their garage to the highway.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 2:23pm:
Its still there.

It's of no value to them because it leads to an abandoned housing tract project from the 1970s. 

It would require a long circuitous route that would add an extra mile to get from their garage to the highway.
Wow, they paid $160,000 to cut a mile off their route to the highway? They must be really rich. I bet they could afford to live on a seastead, if there ever is one... Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Wow, they paid $160,000 to cut a mile off their route to the highway? They must be really rich. I bet they could afford to live on a seastead, if there ever is one... Smiley
They are very wealthy.  He used to own a metal fabrication company.   He sold the company for millions.  They fled California because of the hostile Tax climate.

Their estate in Prescott is over 7000 sq ft.    The view is spectacular.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #37 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 2:34pm:

$160K?  Sounds like a no brainer to me.  That's 2 miles added to every trip

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 10th, 2019 at 5:12pm:
$160K?  Sounds like a no brainer to me.  That's 2 miles added to every trip
You must be rich too!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Libertarian Are You? Let's Find Out!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy