Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › She describes you assholes well
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) She describes you assholes well (Read 1079 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

She describes you assholes well
Dec 9th, 2019 at 1:49am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: She describes you assholes well
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 8:04am
Print Post  
As far as I know, nobody who posts here thinks very highly of the Libertarian Party.

(I didn't watch the video.)

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 9:34am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 1:49am:

I suffered through about half of it.  At least she admitted she had an axe to grind because she was kicked out of the Libertarian Party of Canada.

She made a lot of accusations, but hadn't given a single example half way through the video.  She claimed libertarians were now Bernie bros and SJW.  I didn't know what the hell she was talking about, and she wasn't going to tell me.

She also kept using the term "libertarian movement."  She seemed to mean the party by that, but she often shifted back and forth between libertarian ideology and the party in an incoherent way.

So, I guess you're saying since you liked the video, you hate libertarians but you don't really know what libertarian is since that's all she said

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:15am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 9:34am:
I suffered through about half of it.  At least she admitted she had an axe to grind because she was kicked out of the Libertarian Party of Canada.

She made a lot of accusations, but hadn't given a single example half way through the video.  She claimed libertarians were now Bernie bros and SJW.  I didn't know what the hell she was talking about, and she wasn't going to tell me.
i watched the entire vid.  Yes, she has an axe to grind, but I agree with the gist of her bigger message, which is the Libertarian Party is losing people because libertarians are getting soft and becoming SJWs.

The good news is that people are walking away from the Two Parties, too.    They are becoming independents because they're fed up with the radicalized ideologies of the leftist and right ist wackos. 

Ever time someone walks away from the Two Parties, we get a little closer to liberty, because both democrats and GOP are high taxes/high spending.  From a libertarian perspective, there's little difference between them other that how they want to spend the wealth they steal from taxpayers!

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:22am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:15am:
i watched the entire vid.  Yes, she has an axe to grind, but I agree with the gist of her bigger message, which is the Libertarian Party is losing people because libertarians are getting soft and becoming SJWs.

There is a middle ground Chief, between what the LP espouses, and Social Justice Warriors.

I find it astounding that you don't know about it, since that middle ground includes almost everyone. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Ever time someone walks away from the Two Parties, we get a little closer to liberty
Not necessarily Chief. It depends on where they go...

"Independent" these days can mean either Bernie Sanders, or Justin Amash...

Can I recommend the Classical Liberal Party to you?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  

The good news is that people are walking away from the Two Parties, too.    They are becoming independents because they're fed up with the radicalized ideologies of the leftist and right ist wackos. 

Ever time someone walks away from the Two Parties, we get a little closer to liberty, because both democrats and GOP are high taxes/high spending.  From a libertarian perspective, there's little difference between them other that how they want to spend the wealth they steal from taxpayers!

Anyone supporting Bernie was not a libertarian.  But what do you mean by libertarians are becoming SJWs?  She hadn't given any examples half way through.

The LP has certainly taken up the Democrat party open border cause.  I would say SJW is more than that though.  What are you referring to more specifically?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Just FYI, Lauren Southern is crying for regulations on businesses that refuse to platform white nationalism.

She and Stephen Molyneux are full-blown Nazis now, not libertarians.

They're not the good ones crying out against the Libertarian Party, they are Nazis attacking actual Libertarian positions like free enterprise.

She does this, and cries when she gets deplatformed.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 11:40am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:42am:
The LP has certainly taken up the Democrat party open border cause. 
Kaz, I think you've put the cart before the horse, here.

The libertarian Party has always been for free trade/open borders.   

It was only after Trump said "Build the Wall." that dems became strong advocates of open borders.

Let's not forget that Obama deported more illegals than any other president.   Trump hasn't even come close to Obama's stellar deportation achievements.

Quote:
I would say SJW is more than that though.  What are you referring to more specifically?

I'm referring to the shift towards the left with many libertarians.   They're saying that government SHOULD provide health care, and rationalize the taxation to fund it.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:53am:
Just FYI, Lauren Southern is crying for regulations on businesses that refuse to platform white nationalism.

She and Stephen Molyneux are full-blown Nazis now, not libertarians.
That explains why Yamcha likes her.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › She describes you assholes well
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy