Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Civil War 2.0 Should Begin In Virginia
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Civil War 2.0 Should Begin In Virginia (Read 1325 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Civil War 2.0 Should Begin In Virginia
Dec 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Virginia Rep. A. Donald McEachin is getting serious about infringing on the People's right to keep and bear arms.  He's afraid to infringe himself, so he's calling on the National Guard to do the infringing for him:

Quote:
"And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law," he said. "That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has."

Virginia National Guard spokesman responded:

Quote:
"We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role.

We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard.  I encourage everyone to be patient while we allow our elected officials to work through the legislative process.”

I trust the Virginian citizens will form militias to repel the democrat usurpers.

reference:   https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/12/13/va-national-guard-issues-statement-calls...

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Civil War 2.0 Should Begin In Virginia
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2019 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Virginia Rep. A. Donald McEachin is getting serious about infringing on the People's right to keep and bear arms.  He's afraid to infringe himself, so he's calling on the National Guard to do the infringing for him:

"And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law," he said. "That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has."

"We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role.

We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard.  I encourage everyone to be patient while we allow our elected officials to work through the legislative process.”

I trust the Virginian citizens will form militias to repel the democrat usurpers.

reference:   https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/12/13/va-national-guard-issues-statement-calls...
The Rep. is confused, "nationalizing" the National Guard means calling it into federal service.

The Virginia National Guard is the organized militia of Virginia, and I can't see them going around confiscating guns from their fellow Virginians, but, who knows.

One Virginia Sheriff has a great idea. He says if the law passes, he'll just deputize everyone in the county, which will then allow them, as law enforcement personnel, to have guns. Smiley

Edit: The piece you linked ends with this Chief:

"If Northam were actually dumb enough to do that, I suspect what he’d find is yet another crisis of public confidence on his hands. Not only would he have to deal with dozens of counties and cities that have said “no” to unconstitutional gun control laws, he’d create a crisis within the Virginia National Guard, whose members swear to uphold the Constitution. Many of those National Guardsmen are gun owners and Second Amendment supporters as well, and I suspect there would be a genuine fracturing of the organization over the issue.

In fact, if you read between the lines of the adjutant general’s statement, it’s clear that McEachin’s comment is already causing a stir within the Guard itself. The men and women of the Virginia National Guard signed up to defend freedom, not establish a police state on American soil where soldiers search for scofflaws who refuse to register their rifles with the Virginia State Police."

emphasis added.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
In a related story, once again, allowing people to bear arms doesn't create mayhem...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/myth-busted-campus-carry-never-caused...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 8:35am
Print Post  
They've backed off from confiscation to registration...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democrats-election-win-in-virginia-produces-gun-re...

I think it's still a non-starter.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:

You are right.  We need another civil war.  We in California need to unite with the Chicanos because of their supreme amount of firepower and then afterwards we can all go our separate ways.

They have the guns but we have the brains.

But who should shoot first?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:49pm:
You are right.  We need another civil war.  We in California need to unite with the Chicanos because of their supreme amount of firepower and then afterwards we can all go our separate ways.

They have the guns but we have the brains.

But who should shoot first?
The Mexicans always have the best fireworks, the best weed, and the best weapons.

It's always good to befriend a few Mexicans.   Smiley

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:26pm:
The Mexicans always have the best fireworks, the best weed, and the best weapons.

It's always good to befriend a few Mexicans.   Smiley

Are you willing to fight alongside with the Chicanos? Are you willing to lead them if they demand that their instructions be in Spanish?

Do we fire first or let the democrat?  What if their first shot is a bomb?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:39am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:49pm:
We need another civil war.
Are you insane, or an idiot?

Answer the question.

BTW, the count in Virginia is up to 101 counties or cities passing 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:39am:
Are you insane, or an idiot?

Answer the question.

BTW, the count in Virginia is up to 101 counties or cities passing 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions.

I need Southern California to be its own country under a good king.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Dec 19th, 2019 at 8:55am:
I need Southern California to be its own country under a good king.
OK, insane. Thanks for answering.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Civil War 2.0 Should Begin In Virginia
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy