Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started (Read 1682 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 8:53pm:
The US was given a strong warning from Iran:

"To the Great Satan ... we warn that if you repeat your wickedness or take any additional movements or make additional aggression, we will respond with more painful and crushing responses."

The solution is simple.   Pull US troops from Iraq.  They ordered the US to leave anyways.  Then US troops will be safe from any further missile strikes by Iran.

Trump should hire me to advise him in military matters.  He needs someone in his inner circle who's looking out for the troops deployed overseas.

Yeah, I hope he does that.  He's a businessman, not a politician.  He has bankrupted several ventures that failed, but he kept succeeding in others.  So, maybe unlike politicians, he can admit he made a mistake.

As I see it, his only options now are: 

a)  Strong and sustained military action against Iran.

b)  Continuing to absorb further blows from Iran as a price for staying in Iraq.

a)  Leaving Iraq and publicly stating that he is taking the U.S. out of the business of policing the middle east.

I hope he bases his choice on how much each will cost in American lives and treasure, not how much each will cost him at the ballot box.  Certain not on more advice from the same intelligence community that framed him for Russia-gate and Ukraine-gate.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 8:59pm:
Yeah, they're scamming assholes.   That's not the majority of soldiers.  The ones I served with were mainly solid guys with some real heroes and a few shammers and scammers like anywhere else. and the ones today are, if anything, higher quality since the military is about the only place where strength and drive are seen as virtues.

But anyway, thanks for your service.  You  know, registering and all.  Did you do it on the internet?  No, I guess right before the Gulf War, it was still a form you had to fill out by hand.  Rough stuff.

When I graduated high school, I refused to register, because too many soldiers have died for my freedom for me to take a threat of involuntary servitude lying down.  I volunteered six months later, and when I ETS'd, they ordered me to register even though I had already signed up for a reserve unit.   

We'll see if that happens.  Trump has kind of painted himself into a corner with this one.  But, I don't know.  Somehow these things seem to fizzle out.

We have an abundant reserve.  Wars are not fought with men anymore.  Technology allows us to kill the enemy with remote control.  Did you know the military is recruiting video game players?

And what is this about me being a welfare queen?  Maybe Kaz but not me.  I want all welfare and even social security gone.

Serious question:
How does a democrat liberal like you survive in Texas?  I would be like a crossdresser trying to hang out in a cowboy saloon.  don't you think you would be happier living in Oregon and hanging out with Ralph Nader?

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I am an anarchist and have made myself clear:

yamcha wrote on Dec 16th, 2019 at 7:19pm:
I only want taxation through volunteerism.  All nations are just open-air slave plantations, allowing their indentured servant populations to choose their occupation, giving the illusion of freedom then swooping in on payday to steal the fruits of their labor.  This is why all governments are criminal and immoral and why the only just system of government is anarchism or volunteerism.

There is no political solution to the problem of government.  Voting for a new ceremonial figurehead every 4 years has never, can never and could never create any lasting positive change because governments cannot improve or be made moral from within.  There are too many vested interests and no statist system be it monarchy, oligarchy, communism, democracy, republic or dictatorship, none of them respect the right of the individual to opt-out of being governed.

When the mafia comes around to your business they always promise to protect you providing you pay and obey them.  If you refuse to comply, however, the mafia burns your fukking business to the ground.  Similarly, are statist governments promise to help and protect their populations as long as we pay and obey but if we don't then they seize our asses and our assets and throw us in a cage.

The problem is giving one privileged class the legal right to commit violence and coercion against the rest of the population.  All fukking governments initiate the use of violence in the form of peace officers and coercion, in the form of taxes against their populations and this is completely immoral and unacceptable.  Consensual sex is moral because it is voluntary, whereas rape is immoral because it is forced.  Similarly, things like charity, donation and the free market because they are voluntary, whereas theft and taxation are immoral because they are forced.

The root problem with government is not that it is inherently criminal or corrupt, these are just symptoms and side effects of statism.  The root problem is that its mandates are mandatory and its compulsions, compulsory  For a government to be made into moral institutions, all taxes and interactions must be made voluntary.

And it is important to note: Governments, just like Countries, Borders, Laws and other abstract concepts, do not actually exist.  It sure seems like governments exist since they have the power to murder, steal from, or imprison their populations for whatever whims tickle their fancy.  But in actual fact, they do not exist.  Only people exist.  People in fitted uniforms exist;  Police, soldiers, politicians, prison guards, public school teachers, and welfare recipients exist.  The people who work for and benefit from the system, are the system.  Without people willing to murder, steal from, or imprison their fellow brothers and sisters in the name of government, there is no government.  What government would we have if no one showed up on election day?  Who would shake us down if no one paid up on tax day?  Who would brainwash our children if no one sent them to public schools?  Who would fight foreign wars if no one would be a soldier?

If people stopped working for the government, the government would cease to exist.  If people stopped voting, if people stopped paying taxes, the government would cease to exist.  Police, soldiers, politicians, all other government workers, and welfare recipients, are the beneficiaries of our stolen money.  They are all upstanding parasite citizens employed by a parasite system to parasite off everyone else.  They are all anti-entrepreneurs actively working against the free-market.  They are people who, through their actions, agree with, enable and enforce violence and coercion against their fellow man.  They grant themselves the legal right to counterfeit their own currency and imprison anyone else who tries.  Their paychecks come from the taxes we are all forced to pay them.  Their means of subsistence is counterfeit and theft.  And these thieves have the power to put us in prison if we don’t willingly hand over our hard-earned money, whenever, and however much they ask for.  Govern-Mental literally translates to Mind-Control – it’s time people realize they have been brainwashed by their Mafia Governments, stand up and say to all government employees a big “No Thanks For Your Service!“

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:05pm:
I hope he bases his choice on how much each will cost in American lives and treasure, not how much each will cost him at the ballot box.  Certain not on more advice from the same intelligence community that framed him for Russia-gate and Ukraine-gate.

I don't think Trump is capable of admitting fault.  There's some missing component in his character makeup which doesn't allow that.

I think Trump ordered the hit on Gen. Soleimani to escalate and provoke Iran to react.  Which they did.

But Trump has painted himself into a corner here because A formal letter was given to Iraq stating that the US would respect the sovereignty of Iraq and remove all US military forces:

“Sir,
In deference to the sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq, and as requested by the Iraqi Parliament and the Prime Minister, CJTF-OIR will be repositioning forces over the course of the coming days and weeks to prepare for onward movement. We respect your sovereign decision to order our departure.  During this time, there will be an increase in helicopter travel in and around the International Zone (IZ) of Baghdad  ”

(USMC Brigadier General William H. Seely III, Commanding General of Task Force Iraq)

Now Pentagon officials are saying the letter was a mistake, and the US will stay there for many years to come.

It's a real cluster-f**k now. and no matter what Trump does at this point, he's going to look like an idiot.

He really miscalculated. If just ONE US troop is killed, it will be blood on Trump's hands.   We may be looking at a one-term president here.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Have you not noticed by now that Trump doesn't give a flying fukk about how he looks or what people think of him? Of course, there is a missing component in his character makeup which doesn't allow that and it's called the "Winner's DNA".

Winners don't say sorry, they write off their losses move on to the next win.

He is coming to clean up California and we should be grateful since our guys made the mess. 

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:53am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:52pm:
I don't think Trump is capable of admitting fault.  There's some missing component in his character makeup which doesn't allow that

I totally agree with that, but I'm drawing a blank as to anyone in DC that is any different at all.  Obama would have cut off his nuts before admitting he'd made a mistake.  McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer.

Can you give me some names who are different in DC?  I have nothing

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:55am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 9:52pm:
I think Trump ordered the hit on Gen. Soleimani to escalate and provoke Iran to react.  Which they did

Based on what do you know it's not that they attacked our Embassy after killing over 600 American troops and attacking our shipping and shooting down a drone over international waters?

It could be more.  But the explanation given said that we were tolerant, not militant over this.  No way it should have gone on this long.

So is this just a wild accusation or do you have evidence?

Coming from a military family, including a brother, cousin, niece and her husband who all have fought in the Middle East, I'm appalled at all the dead American troops we let Iran send home without responding before now

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 7:57am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 11:37pm:
He is coming to clean up California and we should be grateful since our guys made the mess. 
I'm thinking about all the implications for what's left of our system of government contained in your statement. Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Oh man, I am so happy.  Iran will be erased very soon.  Maybe, tomorrow!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 11:49am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jan 8th, 2020 at 9:20am:
Oh man, I am so happy.  Iran will be erased very soon.  Maybe, tomorrow!

Nobody is being erased.  Trump will not retaliate against Iran's recent ballistic missile attacks on 2 Iraqi bases.

Instead, Trump will impose crippling economic sanctions which will impede Iran's development of nuclear weapons:

"Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon."

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy