Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started (Read 715 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Reply #80 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:06pm:
But as long as the troops are there, the idea the President can't protect them is a load of crap,
The fact is, as long as they are there, the President can't protect them. People (I think) know that when they join the military, they might be sent in harms way.

It's seems obvious that you think the President should be able to start a war any time an American soldier in a war zone is killed.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:08pm:
Describing our troops being in Iraq as any American anywhere...
That's beside the point.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #82 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 6:11pm:
The fact is, as long as they are there, the President can't protect them. People (I think) know that when they join the military, they might be sent in harms way.

It's seems obvious that you think the President should be able to start a war any time an American soldier in a war zone is killed.

Jeff is your name, Jeffing's your game ...

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #83 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 6:13pm:
That's beside the point.

It's what you said.  You said that Trump making decisions to protect the military in Iraq is the same as making a decision to protect any American anywhere.

It's clearly the point, you're suffering from acute Trump Derangement Syndrome.  You want dead Americans military and not to pile up everywhere so you can prove he's not fit for duty and get rid of him.

Think about that, you want him to not be competent so you can get rid of him for incompetence.  It's the America hating commie bastard that you are, Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 9:27am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:00am:
It's what you said.  You said that Trump making decisions to protect the military in Iraq is the same as making a decision to protect any American anywhere.

The point being that the President currently has the power to make war on anybody, anywhere, merely by claiming he is protecting Americans, or protecting the troops, or retaliating against harm done to Americans by foreigners.

I think it is naive nonsense to posit that killing an Iranian General has made American troops in Iraq safer.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #85 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 9:27am:
The point being that the President currently has the power to make war on anybody, anywhere, merely by claiming he is protecting Americans, or protecting the troops, or retaliating against harm done to Americans by foreigners.

I think it is naive nonsense to posit that killing an Iranian General has made American troops in Iraq safer.

This inane moment has been brought to you by the one, the original, Jeff!  That's why they call it Jeffing.

Yes, Democrat, the best way to deal with terrorists is to let them keep killing Americans.  We can't risk responding and making them mad.

You're such an idiot.  This all worked out exactly as planned.   You and the TDS Democrats are wrong EVERY TIME.  Yet you still lecture us when you were WRONG EVERY TIME.  Including this one.

The troops ARE in Iraq, dumb ass.  Not fighting back is as stupid as it sounds

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:16am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 9:40am:

Yes, Democrat, the best way to deal with terrorists is to let them keep killing Americans.  We can't risk responding and making them mad.

Trump may in fact have trimmed Iran's sails by assassinating their top general, and threatening them with more of the same, but I simply don't think that has made our troops in the Middle East safer.

It's the power of presidents to take us to war that concerns me.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #87 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:16am:
Trump may in fact have trimmed Iran's sails by assassinating their top general, and threatening them with more of the same, but I simply don't think that has made our troops in the Middle East safer.

It's the power of presidents to take us to war that concerns me.

Whatever it takes to you and your TDS deranged brethren.  No cost is too high.  Literally.  You just like the idea of dead Americans right now.  There's some chance you can turn that against Trump.

Orange man bad

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 9:27am:

That is one hundred percent the problem.

Any president who wants to fight an undeclared war has only to send U.S. troops where he know they are not wanted or needed.  Sooner or later someone will attack them and then the president can claim he's protecting the troops.

Armchair General First Class Kaz will say, "I thank he's doin' a great job o' protectin' our boys!  I wish I could be there helpin' em faht!"  Then he will belch and crush his aluminum Schlitz can so his friends know he is not all talk.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 10:36am:
Whatever it takes to you and your TDS deranged brethren.  No cost is too high.  Literally.  You just like the idea of dead Americans right now.  There's some chance you can turn that against Trump.

Orange man bad
You really are deranged.

I had exactly the same concerns when W was president, and Obama.

Come to think of it, I was seriously upset by the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Resolution

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › It Appears that the War with Iran has Finally Started
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy