Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Consent ***
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Consent *** (Read 263 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Consent ***
Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Industry wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:45pm:
Yes dude and I am not the one saying the early united states had it either.

I am not good enough on history to say that I just learn enough to get an A on the tests and then forget it cause I don't really care lol. I got an A in some kind of history class don't even remember what it was about now.

For now I say you are right about the slaves that is not consent to me. But not the women cause most of em were not crying give me vote give me vote. I think most did not vote against their husbands anyway and most had husbands so 1 house 1 vote for the man only was fair.

OK but there is not units to measure everything. If 90% of the people are 100% happy and the other 10% are 0% happy that is probably 90% consent right?

OK well what if 90% of the people are 51% happy and other 10% are still 0% happy? That is like mega unrest well if you just asked them yes or no you could only measure the same result as the other one cause irl there is no way to measure what % a person is happy see?

No I am not saying it has gotta be presumed I am saying you feel it out look for clues but you can't measure it exactly.

It will only ever be inductive logic and I know that sucks but there's lots of things like that.

I did not title any post but I do think government is necessary to protect life liberty and property.

If you believe in absolute consent then you cannot even have the NAP to use against other cause that murdery guy did not consent to have it used on him he wants to murder and no consequences.

Absolute consent means every time you use force and yeah that is governing you gotta have consent no one would that is why it is force but then you would just be a pacifist see?

Another strawman.

I never said anything about "absolute consent."

When you claim that a tiny minority of the people of the United States were enough to grant consent, and I say what about those who had no voice, that is not requiring "absolute consent."

Are you really going to stick with your "blacks weren't people until the constitution said so" defense?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Industry

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:52pm:
Another strawman.

I never said anything about "absolute consent."

When you claim that a tiny minority of the people of the United States were enough to grant consent, and I say what about those who had no voice, that is not requiring "absolute consent."

Are you really going to stick with your "blacks weren't people until the constitution said so" defense?

No dude I said I think you are right on slavery that was a lot of people who did not get to consent.

I think Kaz is right on the definition but I think you are right about the slaves they made it not enough consent.

And yes you want absolute consent you want absolute everything you think the government can't take taxes from somebody against their will even to pay for legit crap like the police and the roads you drive on.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #32 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:52pm:
When you claim that a tiny minority of the people of the United States were enough to grant consent

Consent doesn't mean voting, stupid douche.

Are you going to get all misty and pronounce your deep opposition to slavery again???

I'm glad you released your slaves.  I still want to know if you wrote off the losses though of what you paid for them when you suddenly realized slavery was wrong.  What depreciation schedule did you use?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 12:50pm:
Kaz:  The people of the United States consented to the Constitution.  Except for the people who didn't consent, but they don't count as people so the people consented.

"The People" is a term of art, and does not indicate that everyone agreed.

It's like taking a vote among your friends about where to go for lunch, and saying "OK, we've decided to have pizza", even though yamcha still wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant.

There was an element of democracy through all the processes that led to the creation and ratification of the Constitution, and at every intermediate step, the majority decision was the one accepted.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:23pm:
"The People" is a term of art, and does not indicate that everyone agreed.

It's like taking a vote among your friends about where to go for lunch, and saying "OK, we've decided to have pizza", even though yamcha still wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant.

There was an element of democracy through all the processes that led to the creation and ratification of the Constitution, and at every intermediate step, the majority decision was the one accepted.

Yeah, but Yamcha had a voice, he had a say, he had a chance to convince us that Chinese would be better.

Kaz' example is more like LBM, Jeff, Skychief and Yamcha were held at gunpoint by Kaz and Don, forced to empty their pockets.  Then Kaz and Don ordered pizza and ate it in front of us.  Then, mumbling through their full mouths, told passers-by, "don't worry.  All "the people" we asked said they consented."

Democracy means "rule by the people."  That was only true at the time of the ratifying of the constitution if you use Kaz' bizarre race-based definition of "people."

Also, Yamcha can still go eat Chinese.  Unless in your example, the group votes that he has to pay for pizza whether he likes it or not and whether he would then be able to afford Chinese or not.  I guess that would be your example, because taxes, right.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:04pm:
Consent doesn't mean voting, stupid douche.

It doesn't have to, but that would be one way to show consent.

What's your way? 

Just presume it if nobody riots, correct?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Industry

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:43pm:
What's your way? 

Go back to the OP you dumb fk. Look at those things he said.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #37 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
Yeah, but Yamcha had a voice, he had a say, he had a chance to convince us that Chinese would be better.

Kaz' example is more like LBM, Jeff, Skychief and Yamcha were held at gunpoint by Kaz and Don, forced to empty their pockets.  Then Kaz and Don ordered pizza and ate it in front of us.  Then, mumbling through their full mouths, told passers-by, "don't worry.  All "the people" we asked said they consented."

Democracy means "rule by the people."  That was only true at the time of the ratifying of the constitution if you use Kaz' bizarre race-based definition of "people."

Also, Yamcha can still go eat Chinese.  Unless in your example, the group votes that he has to pay for pizza whether he likes it or not and whether he would then be able to afford Chinese or not.  I guess that would be your example, because taxes, right.

Mommy's Little Man:  OMG, my mom had a black dick insider her where I go.  I can't believe that.  It makes me want to stop banging the bitch.  Um ... naw ... who am I kidding, I'm not going to do that.  I got it, I'll have her new black boyfriend bang me.  Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. 

Mommy's Little Man:  OMG, Claude, you're so big.  And I have this little Q that needs to be filled ...

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
Also, Yamcha can still go eat Chinese.  Unless in your example, the group votes that he has to pay for pizza whether he likes it or not...
Not only that, if he refuses to go eat pizza with us, we can ban him from our group! Smiley

What a great idea! Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jan 10th, 2020 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 10th, 2020 at 1:45pm:
Mommy's Little Man:  OMG, my mom had a black dick insider her where I go.
Great post kaz. A real contribution to the discussion.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Consent ***
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy